Does South Carolina have too much, too little, or an ok amount of influence on who gets nominated? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:33:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Does South Carolina have too much, too little, or an ok amount of influence on who gets nominated? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does South Carolina have too much, too little, or an ok amount of influence on who gets nominated?
Too much (D)

Too much (R)

Too much (I)

Too little (D)

Too little (R)

Too little (I)

An ok amount (D)

An ok amount (R)

An ok amount (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Does South Carolina have too much, too little, or an ok amount of influence on who gets nominated?  (Read 7774 times)
DS0816
« on: April 24, 2021, 12:25:49 PM »

The options are flawed.

There is no need to have indicated, in parentheses, whether a respondent identifies as “R,” “D,” or “I.”

Answer to your question:

The Democrats, who rigged their 2016 and 2020 U.S. presidential primaries, and other races in between those years, and will likely continue to rig their at least their future presidential primaries, value South Carolina greatly. It serves their desire to get a rightwing candidate to win there with the goal that that candidate will also go on to win the nomination.

In general elections, South Carolina is aligned to the Republicans. It would take carriage of 31 or 32 states, at a minimum, for a winning Democrat to carry South Carolina. (They haven’t carried beyond 28 states since 1996.) The Democrats schedule the state near the front of the primaries schedule to help their abilities to control precisely who ends up with the nomination.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies