Opinion of the Equality of all before God? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:48:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of the Equality of all before God? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The equality of all before God -- no individual, family, ethnicity, race, tribe or nation is inherently favored or loved by God more than any other, though of course people may have different destinies and challenges ... (see post)
Agree

Disagree

Unsure

Atheist

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Opinion of the Equality of all before God?  (Read 1218 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 10, 2020, 08:10:14 PM »

I voted atheist, but I do believe in egalitarianism in the sense that all humans are equally human. No one is more inherently holy than any one else, but people can make "good" or "bad"* choices which makes some people better off than others. The inherent worth of every human? The inner light?

I don't like the word "god" in the first place because it implies that "god" is male.

There is certainly a lot of "sexism" in orthodoxy, (in my ever so humble opinion, anyway)

I prefer the word "Supreme Being" or "Divine Being" or "The Tao" (or other eastern concepts).

I don't also reject (in a purely literalistic way) the concept of a Higher Power. If the Divine is Supreme it is not a Higher Power, but The Highest Power (which Supreme Being implies, I would think).

I saw a bumper sticker once, "God doesn't believe in atheists".
I had a bumper sticker once, "God is too big to fit into one religion".
I had another bumper sticker "My Karma ran over my Dogma."

*this depends on how one defines "good" and "bad"

God is generally now a gender-neutral term. Anybody who overly insists on gendering God must have some strange, unbiblical, anthropomorphic view of God.

I do take serious issue, too, with comparing Christ and the church with men and women. Christ without the church is all powerful - the church without Christ is an empty vessel. Is man without woman at all like Christ without the church?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies