Opinion of the Equality of all before God? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:00:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of the Equality of all before God? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The equality of all before God -- no individual, family, ethnicity, race, tribe or nation is inherently favored or loved by God more than any other, though of course people may have different destinies and challenges ... (see post)
Agree

Disagree

Unsure

Atheist

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Opinion of the Equality of all before God?  (Read 1233 times)
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« on: May 10, 2020, 01:08:46 PM »

Definitely agree.  

To the whole notion that men and women have different roles—you can claim that there are biological differences between the sexes, and that in general men and women act in particular ways—but I find the notion that an individual who deviates from the typical behavior of their sex is not just a bit unusual, but sinful, to be rather absurd.  Not only are women kept in a subordinate, second-class role in religious and daily life, but such a mindset can lead to the thinking that men who “act like women” are evil!

Complementarians claim to believe in equal value, just that men and women “each have their own unique roles”.  Complementarianism certainly results in different roles, but I don’t see the equality.  It results in women having no role in decision-making in any aspect of religious or public life.  “The helper” must do everything “the head” says.  Unless women have equal roles in religious authority, and in rule-making for society, I doubt the system is what our just and loving God favors.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies