Pakistan is just Indian muslims with their own nation, change my mind
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:18:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Pakistan is just Indian muslims with their own nation, change my mind
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Pakistan is just Indian muslims with their own nation, change my mind
you are right
you are wrong
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Pakistan is just Indian muslims with their own nation, change my mind  (Read 935 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2020, 08:10:03 PM »

What do you think Ali Jannah would have done if he learned what the future held for Pakistan? Would he have handled anything differently?

More overtures to modern day Bangladesh. They were taken for granted and abused too much, and it snapped. He gave it his absolute best to try and get the Sikhs to join modern day Pakistan, handing them nearly every single concession imaginable, but it did not work because they just did not trust them enough, given the literal formation of the Khalsa was born out of fighting an opressive Islamic state. Obviously modern day Bangladesh was much more open to the idea considering they were literally with modern day Pakistan in the very start, and stayed with them for decades. With hindsight, Jinnah would have given them more concessions to where if he had things his way, the split would not have occurred nearly as easily. But the issue divulges itself further when the reality sets in that not all Jinnah's promises could be fulfilled, as at the end of the day he is just one man in the start, and Pakistan went to choose different paths in the future, breaking many of the previous promises he made. Hence one of the reasons why the chances are low that it could have really worked out, as the things required for that to occur would have been so large. But it is imaginable, and possible, as it has worked at least well enough to keep modern day India and Pakistan intact.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2020, 10:30:31 PM »

This is a surprisingly decent thread given the stupid title
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2020, 01:55:08 PM »

Just is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. A longer read on the backstory.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2020, 02:23:13 PM »

Pakistan is what happens when you give a bunch of gaudy and obscenely wealthy landowning Punjabis their own extended play pen, who’s only justification for existence is the founders religion. Safe to say Pakistan starts and ends there.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2020, 04:23:04 PM »

Pakistan is what happens when you give a bunch of gaudy and obscenely wealthy landowning Punjabis their own extended play pen, who’s only justification for existence is the founders religion. Safe to say Pakistan starts and ends there.

I really hope you are only talking about the upper echelons and leadership that way, otherwise it is highly untrue and incredibly insulting.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2020, 05:12:05 PM »

I really hope you are only talking about the upper echelons and leadership that way, otherwise it is highly untrue and incredibly insulting.
I’m sorry you feel that way bagel. Hate begets hate, and hate creates an environment that normalizes hate. If I am to put on the brakes and think, you also have to amend your own self in your tirades against females that transitioned to be in their right bodies and the Arabic people too.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2020, 05:26:32 PM »

I’m sorry you feel that way bagel. Hate begets hate, and hate creates an environment that normalizes hate. If I am to put on the brakes and think, you also have to amend your own self in your tirades against females that transitioned to be in their right bodies and the Arabic people too.

I like you PSOL, but this is almost as stupid as your Russianbear thread a couple days ago and I am not going to dignify it with a response beyond this.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies