Fox News: Biden and Trump tied
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:30:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Fox News: Biden and Trump tied
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Fox News: Biden and Trump tied  (Read 3063 times)
jdk
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.68, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2020, 10:41:16 PM »

Also Biden is only winning 66 percent of the black vote yet trump himself is still only getting 10 percent of their support. So somehow Obama VP is going to do worse than Hillary with black voters yet trump still does not gain any support from that.

1- There is something called undecided voters

2- “Obama VP” does not mean Biden won’t do worse than Hillary with black voters. Hillary had a strong rapport with black voters, going back to her husband’s presidency. Back in 08’, Hilary was beating Obama with blacks voters in many states.
You also have to keep in mind though that most of the black people who voted for Hillary did so because they never thought that America would actually vote for a black president, not because they actually preferred Hillary

Also, based on primary results so far, Biden is more popular with Blacks than Hillary was in 2016... if he can get more blacks to turnout in the general to vote for him than Hillary like he has in the primary, even by a small amount, he'll win
roxas11
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2020, 01:12:12 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2020, 01:16:17 AM by roxas11 »

Also Biden is only winning 66 percent of the black vote yet trump himself is still only getting 10 percent of their support. So somehow Obama VP is going to do worse than Hillary with black voters yet trump still does not gain any support from that.

1- There is something called undecided voters

I don't for one second believe many black voters are undecided about trump or Biden
I know this is strictly anecdotal but as black a person I have not seen any one of my friends or family members who are suddenly conflicted about voting for trump or Biden

I have yet to meet one person that I know who has told me they are are undecided about Joe Biden and are unsure if they would vote for him over trump. now In 2016 I definitely remember hearing many expressing mixed opinions about Hillary but Not one has said anything bad or negative about Joe Biden

now let me be clear about this My family are not political people who care that deeply about politics but they are also not fans of trump at all and in the years since he has been office I have not seen or noticed anything that would lead me to ever believe that they are undecided about that man

BlueGrassKentuckian
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2020, 05:01:47 AM »

This is scary and would indicate an electoral landslide in favor of Trump. But seems like an outlier at this point with large numbers of "undecideds."
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2020, 05:07:50 AM »

What are they smoking with this? Generally Fox polls are very high quality with basically normal crosstabs/ identification, but this is just totally trash. All you have to do is look at Trump winning college + whites and the Indies score with nearly candidate even getting 30%. Junk this.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2020, 05:11:19 AM »

If the pandemic dies down, this may not be pretty.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2020, 05:11:36 AM »

LOL, even with all these shenanigans they still can't get Trump over 42%.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2020, 05:39:08 AM »

People are reading a lot into a poll that has Trump at only 42%.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2020, 05:52:30 AM »

LOL, even with all these shenanigans they still can't get Trump over 42%.

The big point here. The poll's crosstabs are clearly VERY favorable to Trump and yet he's .... only tied with Biden at 42%. If this poll had normal crosstabs, this would probably be very ugly for Trump
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2020, 06:29:11 AM »

One of the biggest junk polls I’ve ever seen ...

Just look at the Independent numbers.

FOX is like:

„Hey, let’s show Biden +10 leads for months, so that we can put out a poll showing a tie after Bernie drops out. Biden COLLAPSING !“
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2020, 06:59:12 AM »

So Trump wins the NPV iff more registered Republicans than Democrats turn out? When was the last time that happened in a Presidential election? 1928?
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2020, 07:02:37 AM »

Biden 42 (-7)
Trump  42 (+2)
(Other) 7 (+2)
(Wouldn’t vote) 3 (+1)
(Don’t know) 6 (+2)

Thank you, Bernie Bros!  Cheesy
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2020, 07:02:50 AM »

One of the biggest junk polls I’ve ever seen ...

Just look at the Independent numbers.

FOX is like:

„Hey, let’s show Biden +10 leads for months, so that we can put out a poll showing a tie after Bernie drops out. Biden COLLAPSING !“

The polls showing Biden plus 10 are registered voters, Biden is up by 3 points, he isn't tied with Trump.
slothdem

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2020, 10:05:08 AM »

Throw it on the pile. It actually averages out quite nicely with the CNN poll we just got. Biden +11 and TIE gives you a nice Biden +5.5, consistent with all the other polling.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2020, 11:23:03 AM »

Throw it on the pile. It actually averages out quite nicely with the CNN poll we just got. Biden +11 and TIE gives you a nice Biden +5.5, consistent with all the other polling.

CNN: Biden 53, Trump 42
FNC: Biden 42, Trump 42

It's interesting to me that Trump's at an identical % in both.
slothdem

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2020, 11:31:44 AM »

CNN: Biden 53, Trump 42
FNC: Biden 42, Trump 42

It's interesting to me that Trump's at an identical % in both.

Yep. Is it good for an incumbent President to be stuck in the low-40s in every poll, no matter what?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2020, 11:45:35 AM »

Trump isnt gonna remain at 42 percent, but he will still remain below Biden and is still the underdog in the race. Unless the economy makes a miraculous recovery, which it wont
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2020, 11:47:43 AM »

What the flak are those cross tabs?
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2020, 11:57:43 AM »

Bernie staying in the race actually HELPED Biden lmao. BDS (Bernie Derangement Syndrome) Dems are freaking out rn
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2020, 11:59:32 AM »

Bernie staying in the race actually HELPED Biden lmao. BDS (Bernie Derangement Syndrome) Dems are freaking out rn
Bernie was still in the race when this poll was being conducted.
TC 25
Rookie
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2020, 12:55:42 PM »

Trump stays within 3/4 nationally, he wins the EC.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2020, 02:15:06 PM »

Trump stays within 3/4 nationally, he wins the EC.

No, since he cant crack 10 percent of Latinos,  AZ, CO, NM and NV goes D with Mark Kelly, Lujan and Hickenlooper

Bush W cracked 30 percent with Latinos to win 2004, not 10, which Romney got in 2012
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2020, 02:38:39 PM »

I'd like to hear the intuition behind Bernie dropping out of the race leading Democrats to move from Biden to undecided--which is what happened in this poll.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2020, 02:41:13 PM »

Horrible poll for Joe. But I've been told for months that Biden will win WI, MI, and PA no problem. A tied PV means Biden loses all those states and a few more. Again, Biden is not a strong candidate no matter what DNC fanboys say. His best-case scenario is eeking out a win against Trump, and he'll have trouble even with that.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2020, 02:45:25 PM »

Horrible poll for Joe. But I've been told for months that Biden will win WI, MI, and PA no problem. A tied PV means Biden loses all those states and a few more. Again, Biden is not a strong candidate no matter what DNC fanboys say. His best-case scenario is eeking out a win against Trump, and he'll have trouble even with that.

There's too little in this poll to even tell us anything--both are beneath their floor and Fox seems like they're trying to give Trump favorable results as he drops everywhere else.

And I say this as somebody who is usually more skeptical of D-favorable polls.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2020, 02:47:21 PM »

There's too little in this poll to even tell us anything--both are beneath their floor and Fox seems like they're trying to give Trump favorable results as he drops everywhere else.

And I say this as somebody who is usually more skeptical of D-favorable polls.

Fox isn't just "giving" Trump favorable results. Their polls have not been great for Republicans historically. Trump also is not dropping everywhere; the race has been pretty consistently close.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies