TN democrats kick state house candidate of ballot for being pro voucher
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:16:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN democrats kick state house candidate of ballot for being pro voucher
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: TN democrats kick state house candidate of ballot for being pro voucher  (Read 1299 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2020, 03:47:59 AM »

Fully agree with Fuzzy Bear. One more example of how silly (sometimes - openly idiotic) American politics became of late.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2020, 04:10:55 PM »

I'm sad to hear that. Awful decision, the Democratic Party goes the wrong way. I hope Joe Biden changes that. Now this is not a party for all people, now there is no room in the party for those who are pro-life, pro-gun etc. It's very, very sad.

And one more thing: if the Democrats want to win the state of Tennessee even locally, then people like AOC or Omar will lose here by high double digits. To win here, the Democratic Party needs to go back to the good old Blue Dogs, not turn them away from the party and force them to vote Republican

Blue. Dog. Democrats. No. Longer. Exist.

That said, I truly don't approve of the anti-democratic manner in which this was handled. Let him run in the primary and hopefully get justifiably thrown to the wolves.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2020, 01:29:22 PM »

I'm sad to hear that. Awful decision, the Democratic Party goes the wrong way. I hope Joe Biden changes that. Now this is not a party for all people, now there is no room in the party for those who are pro-life, pro-gun etc. It's very, very sad.

And one more thing: if the Democrats want to win the state of Tennessee even locally, then people like AOC or Omar will lose here by high double digits. To win here, the Democratic Party needs to go back to the good old Blue Dogs, not turn them away from the party and force them to vote Republican

That said, I truly don't approve of the anti-democratic manner in which this was handled. Let him run in the primary and hopefully get justifiably thrown to the wolves.

John Bel Edwards, Joe Manchin, Andy Beshear, Krysten Sinema beg to differ
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2020, 04:49:46 PM »

Beshear and Sinema are hardly blue dogs. Beshear is a socially progressive and fiscaly liberal democrat while Sinema is a third way, socially liberal but fiscaly moderate democrat.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2020, 05:56:30 PM »

Beshear and Sinema are hardly blue dogs. Beshear is a socially progressive and fiscaly liberal democrat while Sinema is a third way, socially liberal but fiscaly moderate democrat.

Sinema is literally part of the blue dog caucus, voted with Trump on multiple immigration issues and said she might not have voted for Bernie if he was the nominee
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2020, 10:13:42 PM »

I see a lot of complaining from Republicans about a decision done by another party.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2020, 10:18:25 PM »

Communists always eat their own. You can never do enough to keep in lockstep with the ever-evolving whims and machinations!
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2020, 02:30:32 AM »

Sinema is literally part of the blue dog caucus, voted with Trump on multiple immigration issues and said she might not have voted for Bernie if he was the nominee

A lot of people who are in the Blue dog caucus are hardly ''real'' blue dogs, most of them are there in order to get some ''bipartisan'' and moderate credentials, that's all.

I mean Sinema and Spanberger are not moderate, they are establishment liberals and look hardly comparable to fiscally moderate/socially conservative dudes like Cuellar or Peterson.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2020, 02:43:11 AM »

A lot of people who are in the Blue dog caucus are hardly ''real'' blue dogs, most of them are there in order to get some ''bipartisan'' and moderate credentials, that's all.

I mean Sinema and Spanberger are not moderate, they are establishment liberals and look hardly comparable to fiscally moderate/socially conservative dudes like Cuellar or Peterson.

Sinema voted with Trump more than Peterson did , I believe :

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/kyrsten-sinema/

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/collin-c-peterson/

Sinema's Trump Score is 52.8%, Peterson's is is 48.1%
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2020, 03:08:39 AM »

Sinema voted with Trump more than Peterson did , I believe :

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/kyrsten-sinema/

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/collin-c-peterson/

Sinema's Trump Score is 52.8%, Peterson's is is 48.1%

That's because the Senate and the House are not voting on the same legislations. Most bills which are approved by the House are not considered by the Senate (as they are generally liberal, very partisan stuff).

When you look at the general positions espoused by Peterson (pro-life, clearly pro guns right, against Trump impeachment) he is clearly to the right of Sinema.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies