Why can't I see images in posts sometimes?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:40:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  About this Site
  The Atlas
  Why can't I see images in posts sometimes?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why can't I see images in posts sometimes?  (Read 632 times)
kriksB
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.00

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2020, 01:35:30 PM »

When in topics, people seem to be posting images, and people acknowledge the images, but for me, the pictures just don't show up. This happens on desktop and mobile on chrome and firefox. Sometimes I can see images others imbed, but most of the time I can't.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 07:51:57 PM »

When in topics, people seem to be posting images, and people acknowledge the images, but for me, the pictures just don't show up. This happens on desktop and mobile on chrome and firefox. Sometimes I can see images others imbed, but most of the time I can't.

Hi KrisB,

Can't speak directly to the issue, but as an individual who not infrequently embeds user generated images (for example in some of my 2020 CA DEM PRIM posts) it appears that certain images "disappeared" from my posts with the migration from "Atlas Forum" to "Talk Elections"....

Welcome to Talk Elections btw.... and I will let others more knowledgeable reply as to the specifics.

It could also be that you are looking at threads before Dave got sued from some "corrupt Southern Lawyer" type person, and there were massive restrictions and cleanups of individuals posting images on Atlas to help protect the Forum from potential future such frivolous lawsuits.... (Meaning that many legacy posts, including many of mine with approved and legit images, were effectively "hidden" to the point where you might need to click on a link within a post to view a graphical post)...

Can't speak to all of this, but suspect it's a mixture of "legacy image posts", combined with the migration to "Talk Atlas"....

I'm sure that Virginia or one of the other expert Mods more familiar with the "back-end" side of Atlas might be able to speak to this in more detail....

Peace,

NoVA Green
kriksB
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.00

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 08:25:44 PM »

Hi KrisB,

Can't speak directly to the issue, but as an individual who not infrequently embeds user generated images (for example in some of my 2020 CA DEM PRIM posts) it appears that certain images "disappeared" from my posts with the migration from "Atlas Forum" to "Talk Elections"....

Welcome to Talk Elections btw.... and I will let others more knowledgeable reply as to the specifics.

It could also be that you are looking at threads before Dave got sued from some "corrupt Southern Lawyer" type person, and there were massive restrictions and cleanups of individuals posting images on Atlas to help protect the Forum from potential future such frivolous lawsuits.... (Meaning that many legacy posts, including many of mine with approved and legit images, were effectively "hidden" to the point where you might need to click on a link within a post to view a graphical post)...

Can't speak to all of this, but suspect it's a mixture of "legacy image posts", combined with the migration to "Talk Atlas"....

I'm sure that Virginia or one of the other expert Mods more familiar with the "back-end" side of Atlas might be able to speak to this in more detail....

Peace,

NoVA Green

Thanks a ton man!
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 10:57:02 PM »

Hi KrisB,

Peace,

NoVA Green

It appears that the images from uselectionatlas.org were migrated to talkelections.org but the references in the [img] tags were not updated.

You can modify your messages so that reference is to talkelections.org (the image name itself has not changed).

But it would seem that this process could be automated.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies