Office of the Comptroller General
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:19:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Comptroller General
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of the Comptroller General  (Read 476 times)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2020, 07:21:40 PM »
« edited: April 10, 2020, 07:00:08 PM by Clyde1998 »

R E P U B L I C  O F  A T L A S I A
- OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER GENERAL -

Welcome to the Office of the Comptroller General, the home of economics in Atlasia. You will find major economic figures and statements that affect the country and the world.

Latest economic figures
Updated 6 April 2020
xAtlasiaLincolnFremontSouthDate
UnemploymentTBATBATBATBATBA
GDP GrowthTBATBATBATBATBA
Fed Reserve Rate0.25%Apr 2020
Consumer Price Index2.3%Feb 2020

Latest stock market index figures
Updated 6 April 2020
xPrice30 Day Change
Dow 3021,052.53-18.61%
Nasdaq7,373.08-14.02%

Latest statements

Current projects
  • Southern budget figures
  • Legislation cost estimates (x1)

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 07:26:50 PM »

I recognize that header... Wink Congratulations and welcome back to the game engine!
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 08:01:38 PM »

STATEMENT REGARDING APPOINTMENT AND CORONAVIRUS

I would like to thank President Pericles for nominating me as Atlasia's first Comptroller General and the Senate for approving my nomination. I can now begin work in what is a very difficult time for Atlasia both socially and economically. The situation with the Coronavirus pandemic has taken thousands of lives and infected over 300,000 in Atlasia alone.

The effect of the pandemic economically has been significant, with our stock markets seeing the biggest falls since the 2008 financial crash; both the Dow Jones and Nasdaq have seen their biggest single day drops in history during this crisis. We may be facing a situation where our economic may retract by a third by the middle of the year.

Unemployment has already started to increase and is likely to continue to do so throughout this crisis. We will be realising our unemployment figures for March in the coming days, but we fear that the unemployment could double by the end of this crisis when compared to before. Some of the most pessimistic predictions see unemployment exceed 32% in the coming months.

The Federal Reserve has reduced the reserve rate to 0.25%, after previously being reduced from 1.75% to 1.25% at the start of March. This is an attempt to stimulate the economy during these difficult times, making it easier for businesses and individuals to access credit. It's also hoped that this will reduce the number of redundancies in the coming months.

The situation with the Coronavirus is such that it's likely that our economy is likely to slide into recession, along with many other countries. There are predictions that the economy of many developed countries could face worse financial conditions than in 2008. However, it's uncertain how long it will be after Coronavirus has been contained that the economy will start to return to health.

The recommendation to the Government and Congress is to take action to safeguard key industries and to prepare an unemployment welfare system that can handle the number of new applicants and provide adequate financial support to ensure the financial crisis is contained as much as possible.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 08:07:13 PM »

I recognize that header... Wink Congratulations and welcome back to the game engine!
Thank you. I thought some consistency in the headings would be good across the main offices. Wink
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 09:38:08 PM »

Statement on Clyde being Comptroller General and using consistent formatting: hell yeah!!! Grin

Statement on the contents of what's going on: oh no Sad
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 12:39:00 AM »

Didn't know where else to ask, but does anybody know if Clyde is alright? Wanted to coordinate with him for the Game Engine some time ago and realized he hadn't been online for a while now (hoping he told someone he'd be away for some time or something like that)
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 01:54:54 AM »

Post-reset Deputy GMs (and Comptroller Generals)
- In Memoriam -

dkrol - January 25 to February 16, 2017: Became acting GM, later GM; resigned abruptly on June 26
1184AZ - March 22 to June 26, 2017; became acting GM, later GM; resigned abruptly on November 23
Encke - August 6 to November 5, 2017; resigned abruptly, left the game
Enduro - Appointed by AZ, never confirmed
kyc0705 - Appointed by AZ, Never confirmed
R2D2 - November 15 to 23, 2017; became GM and left on December 9
thumb - January 3 to June 19, 2018; still healthy, surprisingly
1184AZ - July 8 to July 22, 2018
HCP - August 8 to October 17 (?); never officially resigned
fhtagn - December 23, 2018 to March 12, 2019; left the game
Encke -  January 2 to October 24, 2019; disappeared for a month, then resigned
Scott - March 21 to May 15, 2019; took another office
Sestak - May 16 to ??,  2019; never officially resigned
Tmthforu - September 7 to September 20, 2019; left the game due to Ben Kenobi
ASV - Never confirmed due to the creation of the comptroller general
Clyde - April 21, 2020 to ??; Missing
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 02:58:38 PM »

Would be interested in an estimate of how many tax dollars would be wasted if the South changes it’s capitol from Nashville. It’s too bad the CoD doesn’t care about fiscal responsibility and didn’t request this before passing the amendment.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 03:10:41 PM »

Do hope that you could provide an estimate for ethanol production in the South...
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 03:36:28 PM »

Would be interested in an estimate of how many tax dollars would be wasted if the South changes it’s capitol from Nashville. It’s too bad the CoD doesn’t care about fiscal responsibility and didn’t request this before passing the amendment.

There was a similar bill a year ago that I provided a very rough cost estimate for; using the New Capitol building in Tallahassee as a guide, I estimated that the cost to construct the new building alone would be at least 175 million dollars. Of course there is a lot of grey area about additional costs of moving other government buildings, because it's not clear what buildings actually exist in the game (when the region creates a new department, is a new building constructed?).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 01:28:34 AM »

Sorry to bump this, but the Comptroller General's been AWOL for two months now.

I have no legal power to temporarily fulfill Clyde's legal and necessary duties (nor the time or economic knowledge to do so anyway), and it's very important that the Game Engine continues to function. Since I didn't have much time last month, it would have been ideal to have the office filled so there would be at least one active GM officer at all times.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies