What's the last movie you've seen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:44:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 630189 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: February 21, 2006, 02:37:37 PM »

Munich.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 01:05:55 PM »

Still Munich. I rarely go to the movies.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 09:20:11 AM »

I never go, unless it's with other people.  I wait for the dvd.

Yeah, seeing a movie by yourself seems like too big a hassle for something you can just rent a few months later and watch in the comfort of your own home, which is exactly what I did last night, as I watched Good Night and Good Luck, finally pushing Munich out of the "last movie I've seen" spot.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 03:39:01 PM »

Saw "Da Vinci Code" yesterday. It's certainly not the failure that it has been made out to be, but it shouldn't be up for any awards. It didn't really shift from the book at all, which was a bit frustrating, since the book is so literary in nature, which all the riddles, codes, etc. It's a no-win situation when you make a movie out of a book; either it is boring since it fails to shift from the book when neccessary, or everyone hates it because the director changed some supposedly important part of the book.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 08:13:25 PM »

Superman Returns.

It was pretty good, but I should have researched the backstory a bit more, as that's the first Superman related thing I've ever seen.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 06:33:27 PM »

Why exactly is Little Miss Sunshine rated R? I had really wanted to see after seeing a preview, but it's hard for me to get out to R movies unless my parents feel that it's a movie I need to see, like Munich or Fahrenheit 9/11. Guess I'll wait till DVD.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 08:09:30 PM »

What'd you think of that, as someone who doesn't agree with most (any?) of what Gore is saying?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 09:23:55 AM »

Anchorman Tongue

I'm late getting around to seeing good movies.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 10:04:41 AM »

Spider-Man 3. I know it got mixed reviews, but I enjoyed it. The fighting scenes were great as usual, but its character development and moments of humor made it stand out from the dozens of similiar action flicks of recent years.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 08:52:27 PM »

Spider-Man 3. I know it got mixed reviews, but I enjoyed it. The fighting scenes were great as usual, but its character development and moments of humor made it stand out from the dozens of similiar action flicks of recent years.

Character development?  Moments of humor?

Were we watching the same movie?

I'm with Joe. Watched it two days ago and was very disappointed. There was just so many completely laughable scenes (not in a moments of humour way) for one to take the message seriously. Worse scene to me was the returning of Harry's dad from the dead in order to explain the plot and character development for those who didn't get it. Talk about over-doing it...

I should have made it clearer that I was comparing it to other movies of the same genre when I said it had character development and moments of humor. It was a lot better on that front than, say, Superman Returns or Fantastic Four.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 09:18:11 AM »

Superbad. I was expecting more, honestly. The cops received way too much screentime - their shtick didn't change at all, but they remained on screen with Fogel. The ending was pretty good - including the well done awkward moments. Nonetheless, the majority of the movie didn't really flow and wasn't all that funny. There were humorous lines here and there, sure, but it didn't have the continuous humor of a Knocked Up, which was produced and acted by much of the same crowd.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 09:15:48 PM »

Garden State. I was worried I'd be unable to see Zach Braff as Andrew Largeman and just think "It's J.D. in a movie!", but that wasn't an issue at all. I knew the soundtrack would be amazing, but the plot was great as well. I'm all for the movies that are captiviating without a single explosion or murder.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 11:09:28 AM »

Charlie Bartlett. I liked it, although it got excessively sappy toward the end. Nonetheless, entertaining.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 10:27:13 PM »

The Professional.

Not as good as the IMDB ranking, but still a rather touching yet also action-packed movie. Gary Oldman also gave one of the best portrayals of a villain I've ever seen, comparable to Javier Barden in No Country For Old Men.

Just saw that recently as well. Certainly a great performance from Natalie Portman as well, although her character was somewhat disturbing at times.

My friends and I also found the exchange "You really like that plant"/"It's my best friend" to score tremendously well on the Unintentional Comedy scale.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 02:17:52 PM »

The Professional.

Not as good as the IMDB ranking, but still a rather touching yet also action-packed movie. Gary Oldman also gave one of the best portrayals of a villain I've ever seen, comparable to Javier Barden in No Country For Old Men.

Just saw that recently as well. Certainly a great performance from Natalie Portman as well, although her character was somewhat disturbing at times.

My friends and I also found the exchange "You really like that plant"/"It's my best friend" to score tremendously well on the Unintentional Comedy scale.
Except that it's Intentional.

I love that movie.

Well, I wouldn't say it qualifies as a "joke," so much as the exchange just happened to be humorous.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 08:46:21 AM »

The Ex.

It got an 11% on Rotten Tomatoes; I didn't think it was that bad, although Zach Braff needs to stop playing the same exact character whenever he acts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies