What's the last movie you've seen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:32:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 631556 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: April 26, 2006, 03:48:10 PM »

Thank You for Smoking, clever film that makes very good points. If you're expecting a laugh-out loud, laugh a minute film, this one isn't for you; the humor is subdued which is effective.

You all would like it, I think, especially some of the libertarians Wink .

That's the last one I've seen. It was good. There were some scenes that had me cracking up.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 12:16:59 AM »

Munich was alright. I thought that it dragged on for far too long. Some of the characters really annoyed me, too. The best part was when the Jews and Arabs are accidentally arranged to spend the night in the same place. The Jews had to cover their identities but the Arab leader still found a way to accuse them of being Jewish sympathizers.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 01:10:17 PM »

All The King's Men - It was ok.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 11:55:04 AM »

Man of the Year

Don't waste your time on it. Not horrible but it was a let down.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 11:54:18 PM »

I saw Borat - offensive yet hilarious. You must see this movie.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 11:22:52 AM »

I saw Borat - offensive yet hilarious. You must see this movie.

Did you interpret it as a movie about what is wrong with America (because that is what Swedish critics have done...I suspect they're being idiots...)

No because I didn't try to read into the movie.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 10:11:17 PM »

Tonight - The Reaping = a joke

The very last minute was interesting though. Should have seen it coming...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 01:19:49 PM »

I obviously haven't seen it yet but I'm counting down the days until Vantage Point comes out. It looks cool. Plus, Matthew Fox (Jack from LOST) is in it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 01:27:32 PM »

I obviously haven't seen it yet but I'm counting down the days until Vantage Point comes out. It looks cool. Plus, Matthew Fox (Jack from LOST) is in it.

Wow, you're quite the fanboy. I'm surprised you haven't raved about Cloverfield.

"Fanboy?" Sorry, I'm not too cultured. What is that exactly? I hardly ever see movies and I certainly wouldn't see Cloverfield. Was Fox in that, too?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 01:34:51 PM »

Cloverfield was produced by J.J. Abrams which is the main reason the early title-less trailer got so much attention.

Eh, good for him. From what I've seen, I'd never actually sit down and watch it.

By the way, I figured "fanboy" was something along those lines. I don't see how Cloverfield fits into my "obsession" with LOST aside from Abrams. I only mentioned Fox in Vantage Point as an interesting bonus.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 04:18:10 PM »

Wow....Matthew Fox from "LOST"....I tend to remember Matthew Fox from "PARTY OF FIVE". Thanks for making me feel old.

Naso, I'm older than you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 12:13:08 AM »

Wow....Matthew Fox from "LOST"....I tend to remember Matthew Fox from "PARTY OF FIVE". Thanks for making me feel old.

Naso, I'm older than you.

Yes....but only by 5 months. I wasn't saying I was older, Santorumite, I was saying that I remember him from an older show rather than a new one. Get snippy with me again, and no more Matlock!

Naso, my point is that that's not "feeling old." I don't "feel old" when I think of something from ten years ago and neither should anyone else who is only approaching the age of 20.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 05:42:43 PM »

I saw Vantage Point over the weekend.  It wasn't bad.  It was very different.

Same here. I think I expected better but all in all, it was a good movie.

I actually want to see this movie 21 about the card counters.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 09:14:41 PM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 11:04:20 PM »

Yeah, it was on TBS last night. I caught the end. It's embarrassing when you compare it to The Dark Knight. I understand taking a different approach to it but that one was even more goofy than my beloved Adam West Batman.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 10:47:38 PM »

Der Untergang (Downfall)

The movie responsible for the multiple spoofs of Hitler yelling in his bunker. Anyway, it was a very good movie. An instant favorite.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 01:08:18 AM »

Frost/Nixon

It was good. Nothing amazing. The Nixon voice still bothered me. Platt was good.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 01:54:32 PM »

I just finished watching Milk.

It was good but, honestly, it's probably a bit overrated.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 09:29:51 PM »

I just finished watching Milk.

It was good but, honestly, it's probably a bit overrated.

You watched a liberal movie?

Why are you such an idiot? Have you not realized that my entertainment interests aren't dictated by my political preferences (like most normal people)? My favorite musical artist is Stevie Wonder, for Christ's sake.

Anyway, yes, I watched a liberal movie. I've also voluntarily watched a movie by my least favorite person in politics - Al Gore - several times.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 09:46:36 PM »

I've consistently said that Albert Gore, Jr. is my least favorite person in politics.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 12:34:44 PM »

I saw The Iron Lady last night to a packed theater of...three (myself and two friends). The movie was ok. They filmed the movie in far too many separate flashbacks. I could understand beginning the movie in the "present" and having one, long flashback but there was too much jumping around and way too much of an emphasis on Thatcher in the "present."

Funny enough and totally coincidentally, the theater was in the small community of Cardiff. I think our Welsh miner friends would find that appropriate.  Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies