What's the last movie you've seen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:39:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 631482 times)
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« on: August 03, 2006, 01:23:56 PM »

I watched Munich on DVD a few evenings ago and thought it was amazing.

Spielberg still has it, despite him going from the creative, low budget director of Duel to WOTW remake to this one. Great movie.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 01:58:08 PM »

Hey, anybody see Silent Hill? I know it's based on a video game, but the guy who directed it directed Brotherhood of the Wolf a few years ago and he's known for atmosphere, which I think is good. I haven't seen it. It will be out toward the end of the month and if it's any good I'm going to get it. I know it won't appeal much to the Lady of the House, so I wanna be reasonably sure it's good before I try to make time for it. Smiley
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 08:42:09 PM »

1992 was a great year for movies and I just recently re-watched two movies I haven't seen in a while from that year: Scent of a Woman and Shining Through.

I saw Scent of a Woman when it first came out and haven't really seen it since and I was blown away. Great adult drama / character study. Just simply riveting. Pacino's speech at the end burned a hole in the screen of the TV, I think. Better make sure it works!

Shining Through stars Melanie Griffith and Michael Douglas; probably not many have heard of it. Heavily stylized noir-like WW II drama. Might not be bad for a date movie if slow-paced and serious are okay. Great film. Smiley Tense ending.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies