What's the last movie you've seen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:06:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen? (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 628645 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« on: February 23, 2006, 10:05:07 PM »

CHeaper by the Dozen on DVD. So-so; I din't choose it but it was OK.

Last movie I saw in cinemas...can't remember Tongue Saw fun with Dick and Jane a few months ago, pretty average as well.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 08:15:09 PM »

L.A Confidential

Another film that I should've seen awhile ago. Good stuff, solid preformances all around.

Basically the beginning of the Australian invasion Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 11:45:36 PM »

Global Heresy, which was OK; but since then i've seen half of "Very Important Person" a British film from the 50s or something. It was OK, actually. About a popmpous old bastard who nobody likes who ends up in a POW camp, and then stuff happens (don't want t spoil it).
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 08:11:23 PM »

Veronica Guerin on DVD.

It was alright, but I think they might've been a bit too fluffy on it, actually. And what was the deal with the Colin Farrell cameo?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 08:44:58 AM »

Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde.

On TV. Not great, but a reasonable time-passer.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 06:14:18 PM »

Porky's 2.

Heh. Heheh.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 11:19:12 PM »

"Victim", a film set in 1950s Britain about extortionists threatening homosexual men (it was still illegal there back then). Quite a good film, I recommend andy and chris watch it just to see how far Britain's come.

See, not everything I watch is drivel Cheesy
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 07:38:41 PM »

"The Dish"
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 01:06:29 AM »

East of Eden, starring the remarkably hot

James Dean.

Not a great actor, actually, although he's good enough.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 02:47:11 AM »

Saturday Night Fever
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 01:55:09 PM »

shrek2
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 10:33:02 PM »

Miami Vice

I have to admit that I actually enjoyed it... certainly better than I expected, considering that it's just a adaptation of a TV series from the 80ies.

But I do have a weakness for those bleak and morally ambiguous cop thrillers... plus, I like this ultra-realistic documentary-like style with shaken hand-held cameras etc. which has become popular in recent years (despite the fact that many people think that it hurts the eye after a while and causes them headaches Cheesy ).

Btw, judging from the "masterpiece or crap?" debates on the imdb message board this seems to be a pretty polarizing movie.  The same applies to the user rating there:

10 out of 10 - 1832 votes
5/10 - 874 votes
4/10 - 626 votes
1/10 - 1249 votes

Well, personally I would give it a 7/10 or so.

I really liked it too Tongue

Partly because I was at the Iguacu Falls etc. and they basically LIE (Ciudad del Este isn't near the falls), but it was cool to see them anyway.

I saw it in a doubleheader with 'Jarhead' at the Astor. The last movie i've seen on TV would be...Bruce Almighty, prolly.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 07:49:17 PM »

Most of "Sunshine".

Really goo, but it started around midnight and by 2:45 I had to give up on it, it didn't finish till 3:30.

Ralph Fiennes acts pretty well in it, and it's an interesting story. Basically a snapshot of Hungary from the mid to late 19th Century through the empire, both world wars, fascism and communism and maybe the present day (I'm not sure, I left sometime around the early 1960s).
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 10:57:03 AM »

Julietta, a German flick on SBS. Time passer, but I still don't understand the ending even though i've seen the film a few times now.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 06:14:44 AM »

Bourne Identity on telly
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 03:35:08 PM »

Auntie Mame.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2006, 11:16:54 AM »

The Bourne Supremacy
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 08:28:49 AM »

Dorian Blues. Actually a really great movie.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 07:43:59 AM »

Happiness.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 04:26:12 AM »

300, it was sh**t. OK fight scenes, good visuals, but the metaphor was very very VERY obvious and grating.

Basic idea, you have 300 perfect specimens of European manhood, along with a small group of cowardly, underprepared but still tolerated allies. They are fighting the evil council of five ugly men to go to war, and when they get there the enemies are all foreigners out to kill them and destroy their perfectly acceptable society. I also liked how the gods were dismissed by the Spartan ruler-polytheism is after all the devil.

The enemies comprise black africans, middle easterners and east asians. Plus, Xerxes is presented as a camp overlord.

I did give up watching shortly after the invincibles, so maybe it improved, but I somehow doubt that. Basically, sh**t film that deserves no recognition for anything other than some of the filmography.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 07:26:18 AM »

The Hitchikers' Guide to the Galaxy. Good, but significant room for improvement.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 01:56:56 AM »

Amazing Grace. The score is pretty bad, especially in the really dramatic 'decision-making' moments, and the blind priest character seems a little forced, but overall I liked it quite a bit. That said, a film directed by the guy who makes the 7-UP series (Apsted) I will always go and see; a film with Ioan Gruffudd as the lead I will always go and see, and a film on the life of WW I will always go to see.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 08:31:47 AM »

Amazing Grace. The score is pretty bad, especially in the really dramatic 'decision-making' moments, and the blind priest character seems a little forced, but overall I liked it quite a bit. That said, a film directed by the guy who makes the 7-UP series (Apsted) I will always go and see; a film with Ioan Gruffudd as the lead I will always go and see, and a film on the life of WW I will always go to see.

You also saw a film that was marketed heavily towards and promoted by Evangelical Protestants as good wholesome Christian entertainment. Next you'll be saying you support John Howard. (Please don't say that). Tongue

The last movie I saw was Hairspray, before that, The Namesake. I don't watch movies that much anymore. If you'd like to know why, ask States Rights about that weird little film I love.

Maybe it was marketed towards them in the US, not here. I also doubt that the people involved in the making of the film had any evangelical messages. They presented WW as a christian as he was, and religion was important to the film but it was important at the time culturally.

I'm not christian, but i'm not opposed to Christianity, although some Christians can be absolute arseholes about their faith.

The movie was a good one, and I enjyed watching it-just like I enjoy watching 'Touched By An Angel' when I want to watch feel-good pulp. I know it's extremely religiously motivated (duh) but if you want to feel gooey inside there is nothing better, I swear.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 10:55:56 AM »

21 Up America

Possibly the best i've seen in any 'episode' of any of the Up!s. There's an incredibly diverse range of genuinely interesting young people.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 05:30:06 AM »

It's a Wonderful Life

I never realised how raunchy that film must have been for it's times. Despite it's 'raunchiness' it's still a classic film, gotta love Jimmy Stewart in it. The money's in Bill's house and it's in Fred's house. I can actually do a good impersonation of Stewart saying that.

National Treasure

I'm gearing up for the second one. I hope that's good, eventhough it was only rated about 2 and a half stars in the Sunday Herald Sun.

You read the HunHuh??

Anyway, number two is mindless but fun. It took me about 3 seconds to wor out the opening, which is meant to be mysterious, but oh well.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies