What's the last movie you've seen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:08:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 630928 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: January 01, 2007, 12:59:26 AM »

Coffee and Cigarettes

Tomorrow I will see Happy Feet.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 05:38:07 PM »

Thank You for Smoking

A lot of evil fun Smiley
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 10:12:27 AM »

I can't believe I agree with BRTD and Statesrights on Idiocracy. Actually thought it was the very thing it tried to satirize.

Yes, and thus implied that it was making fun of whoever was watching it and laughing at the mindlessness.

I saw Vantage Point yesterday. I enjoyed it but it seemed way too much like a compact episode of 24. It was edited fairly well and climaxed well too.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 04:27:23 PM »

Wall-E.

The first half is better than the second half, but I imagine the latter half was to keep the attention of the children watching. And it was still good. But the first half was mind-boggling good from a CG movie perspective. And impressive that almost no real dialog was necessary, and this from someone who loves some good dialog.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 11:57:31 AM »

Quarantine. Pretty stupid and a complete rip on several levels, but it was, nevertheless, entertaining to watch.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 02:42:31 PM »

Quarantine. Pretty stupid and a complete rip on several levels, but it was, nevertheless, entertaining to watch.

How was it entertaining? I guess it would have been because it was close to becoming the first movie I walked out on.

Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't recommend it, but it was still fun to wait and see what kind of ridiculousness would ensue next. My favourite part (spoiler warning) was when the cameraman kills that lady with his camera. It was supposed to be raunchy and freaky, I imagine, but it just came across as hilarious. Half the crowd was laughing. And that's really what I enjoy about the few horror films I watch, they're more often hilarious than horrifying.

Why were you going to walk out? I've never been so disgusted with a movie to just walk out - if I paid for it, I'll sit through to the end. Plus you lose credibility telling your friends how awful a film was if you didn't even sit through the whole thing.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 01:24:49 AM »

The Woodsman

Surprisingly good. Kevin Bacon is a better actor than I give him credit for.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 01:16:13 AM »

Brick. Didn't really know anything about the movie when it started and got rather confused during some of it, but I loved the characters and story. I'd see it again.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 12:09:38 PM »

Yes Man. Pretty disposable and if it weren't for Carey the film would be pretty bland. It wasn't bad but it certainly wasn't terribly good either as the plot was very thin. Just don't expect your money's worth if you see it at the theatre.

I'm much more psyched to see Frost/Nixon and Benjamin Button.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 12:16:29 AM »

The Running Man

Even though it had some good Schwarzenegger one-liners, it was still pretty awful. It was supposed to be set in 2019 but they must have thought that the 80's would last forever. Naso's wet dream, that movie. The book is probably thousands of times better.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies