What's the last movie you've seen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:44:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen? (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 631825 times)
useful idiot
YaBB God

« on: April 13, 2008, 11:31:59 PM »

There Will Be Blood

It was great, I think I might even buy it
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 01:46:32 AM »

I saw the new X-Files movie and What Happens in Vegas on the same day.

X-Files was disappointing considering I'm such a huge fan of the show. A crime-romance which doesn't tie up the whole Mulder's sister loose end? WTF?!

What Happens in Vegas wasn't terrible. It was a formulaic romantic comedy with a few good laughs.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 05:52:42 AM »

The Contender, worst piece of garbage imaginable. I end up watching it every couple years for some reason...
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 02:27:46 PM »

Congo, with the guy from Nip/Tuck. Saw it in theatres like 14 or 15 years ago and it was on HBO today...
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 10:31:45 PM »

Just watched Australia...thought it was going to be a total chick flick, and it was, but a very good one....
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 03:00:18 AM »

Invictus...it was pretty Disney for my taste, lacked a certain umph...
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 05:45:44 PM »

He's Just Not That Into You. There were way more stars in it than I expected, but it ended up just being kind of depressing. Jennifer Connelly is still as gorgeous as ever, but she plays a woman who gets cheated on by her husband with Scarlett Johansson(puke). Halfway through the film I realized she also played a woman who gets cheated on in Little Children; what kind of men would want to be with anyone else? Let alone Scarlett Johansson or Kate Winslet...
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 04:23:28 PM »

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, with Michael Douglas. It was really really awful. I wouldn't have watched it but I was bored and my mom brought it home from Red Box. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy...
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 03:14:07 AM »

Away We Go. At times I thought it was really good, but at other times it sort of descended into typical indie/hipster schlock
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 01:56:07 AM »

Enemy at the Gates.

No more love triangles in WWII movies. Ever. Great movie otherwise.

The most awkward sex scene in the history of film, hands down. Even beats The Watchmen.

I also love how every Soviet has a thick British accent and every Nazi has an American accent. When the kid version of Jude Law yells out "I'm soory granfava!" in that cockney Oliver Twist voice I crack up every time...
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 07:24:30 PM »

World's Greatest Dad = World's Worst Movie

It was in such bad taste that I found it difficult to make it all the way through.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 11:11:47 PM »

My Sister's Keeper, with Cameron Diaz and Abigail Breslin. It was melodramatic and lacked any real character depth. Alec Baldwin was good, but he always is. I wouldn't recommend it.

As for It's Complicated, I saw it on New Years Eve, and I thought that, although it started slow and the ending wasn't great, about 1/3 of it was absolutely hilarious. I would recommend it.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 01:47:48 AM »

District 9. I didn't like the beginning or the end, but it was good in between.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 05:16:15 AM »

Tigerland. I'd seen part of it when it came out about 8 or 9 years ago, but didn't watch the whole thing until last night. It was good, but it lacked a certain punch....
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 02:17:03 PM »

Iron Eagle. By far the most ridiculous and unrealistic movie I've ever seen. It was a case of being so bad it was funny though...
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 01:22:16 PM »

Air America. One of my friends has a thing for cheesy movies about planes or flying, but this was one of his better picks. It was still cheesy, but in a good way. I'd seen it before, but like ten years ago so I hadn't remembered it all that well.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 06:10:05 PM »

I flipped on Sundance and saw Return of the War Room, a documentary getting together some of the faces from The War Room, the documentary about the 92 Clinton campaign. I still love The War Room, which I caught on tv a few years ago, because it's the last time we're ever going to get that up close and personal with a campaign staff and see what it's like to run a campaign. Anybody interested in politics, and especially politics in the 90s or the 92 election, absolutely has to watch it.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 09:10:56 PM »

I saw one last night and one tonight.

2012: worst movie I've seen this year. I turned it off about an hour in because I couldn't allow any more of my life to get sucked away. I feel sorry for anyone who has seen it.

Precious: very disturbing, and painful to watch. Gabourey Sidibe was amazing; I want to punch whoever decided to give Sandra Bullock the Oscar, what a disgrace. Mo'nique did a good job as well, but her character was so thoroughly evil that it made it a little hard to appreciate. Mariah Carey was great as well, it took me a minute to realize who she was before my jaw hit the floor.

useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 09:51:06 PM »

Up In the Air. It was good, but it took me a while to get into it. Turned out to be very depressing...
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 10:38:16 PM »

Saw two last night:

The Box - despite horrible reviews I decided to give it a gander as it takes place in Virginia and was made by the same guy who did Donnie Darko. About halfway through the movie I started wondering what all those critics were complaining about, because it was genuinely decent. Turns out the last half of the movie was retarded beyond belief. Acting was good, setting was good, the plot(the first half of it) was good, but it just turned into one gigantic waste of time.

Hard Candy - Ok, so this movie is about a 14 year old girl who meets what she thinks is a pedophile online. She comes over to his house, drugs him, tortures him(including leading him to believe he's being castrated in a painful scene that is almost impossible to watch), and I to my surprise found myself hoping he'd break free and kill the little bitch for most of the movie. The ending is kind of lame, but I'd give it a B- just for the fact that it was original.

useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 12:19:22 AM »

The Box - despite horrible reviews I decided to give it a gander as it takes place in Virginia and was made by the same guy who did Donnie Darko. About halfway through the movie I started wondering what all those critics were complaining about, because it was genuinely decent. Turns out the last half of the movie was retarded beyond belief. Acting was good, setting was good, the plot(the first half of it) was good, but it just turned into one gigantic waste of time.

Do you agree with what I said that there was at least three points before the ending where it could've ended but didn't? Seems that way from the review, I was actually pretty sure that bit where the husband has to choose from the three portals was the climax and it was almost over. Then it went on for what seemed like an hour later. I didn't think the last half was as bad as you seem to think though.

I thought it was going to end at the portals as well, then I thought it would end at the wedding, and then there was another point I can't remember where I just wanted to turn it off because it was dragging on needlessly.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 02:18:43 AM »

Half Nelson

Lars and the Real Girl

Both were very good (especially Half Nelson). Ryan Gosling is an extremely talented actor and at times he can be hilarious in that awkward sort of way.

I'd seen Lars and the Real Girl and thought it was decent, but I hadn't seen Half Nelson so after reading this I downloaded it. It was thoroughly great, so thanks Tongue
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 11:41:25 PM »

Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day. The only good part of the first one was Willem Defoe, everything else was atrocious. Now take out Willem Defoe and make everything else worse...
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 11:45:52 PM »

Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day. The only good part of the first one was Willem Defoe, everything else was atrocious. Now take out Willem Defoe and make everything else worse...

I could've done without Willem Dafoe in drag too...

Spoiler.....
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2010, 12:35:09 AM »

Do you dread the next potential installment as much as I do?

I wasn't aware there was going to be another one. Hopefully it comes out after I'm gone from college so I don't have to hear about it or be around anyone who'll subject me to its horrors....
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies