What's the last movie you've seen?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:12:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 212
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 626430 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2006, 12:30:21 AM »

Frodo- Not only you are a hypocrite, you're a homophobe. 

And that right there is exactly the queer agenda. If you disagree with their position and where they stand. Start personally attacking them. Very petty.

How is it 'personally attacking' someone to say that they hate homosexuals when their position is that they hate homosexuals?

How exactly do I 'hate' gays?  Certainly I am uncomfortable and squeemish watching gay sex scenes (as most heterosexual men generally would be -perhaps you and Pym are the exceptions), and I have serious reservations about letting gays and lesbians marry each other -that however does not equate in making me a 'homophobe' and that I 'hate' them for who they are.  I am not 'out to get them' by campaigning for gay marriage bans or for stripping them of their civil rights, and denying them their right to at least enter into civil unions.

I hardly think Frodo is the type that guys like Pym ought to be worrying about... at least for this side of the Atlantic.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2006, 12:37:35 AM »

They should count themselves fortunate that I am not already their enemy. 

Why?!  What have they ever done to earn your enmity? 

I'm sure your hatred comes not from them but from your intolerant culture, community, forbears, etc.  If only there were some way to feed you all to the lions.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2006, 12:40:26 AM »

On TV, or at the cinema?

TV - Cold Mountain. Cinema -  Can't remember. It's a long time I was at the back row kissin and a cuddlin with FREDA Tongue

Dave

Cold Mountain -I wasn't much impressed by Nicole Kidman's performance.  It's a shame Renee Zellwegger wasn't given a more prominent role -that was perhaps her best film. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2006, 12:43:30 AM »

They should count themselves fortunate that I am not already their enemy. 

Why?!  What have they ever done to earn your enmity?

They haven't because I am not their enemy -and I hope I never will be.   

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Opebo, you are a self-centered scumbag but a damn consistent one at that.  You pick the same vocabulary over and over again ad nauseum.  You ever thought of using another expression apart from 'feed you all to the lions'?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2006, 12:58:47 AM »

Just to remind everyone where Pym is coming from with his claims that I am a 'homophobe':

Brokeback Mountain -and I wish I hadn't seen it.  Must they make those gay sex scenes in that canvas tent so graphic?   Tongue

I wouldn't really call that scene that graphic to be honest. I saw it a few weeks ago with a friend and we both loved it. To be honest, the fact that it was about two gay guys didn't really bother me.

The heterosexual love scenes were more graphic than the homosexual ones by a long shot.

Well, you're talking to someone here with a shameless double standard -I was much more comfortable with the heterosexual sex scenes and had no problem whatsoever with how graphic they were.  If I had to see a scene with two people of the same sex going at it, I would prefer they be women as opposed to men..... 

Yeah, I know I'm a hypocrite.  Tongue

With standards like his, most of this forum would be classified as 'homophobes'. 
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2006, 05:10:22 AM »

Why is this being brought up again from a week ago?

Frodo my problem is this (not the bold part in your post):

Well, you're talking to someone here with a shameless double standard -I was much more comfortable with the heterosexual sex scenes and had no problem whatsoever with how graphic they were.  If I had to see a scene with two people of the same sex going at it, I would prefer they be women as opposed to men..... 

Yeah, I know I'm a hypocrite.  Tongue

Just b/c you admit you have a double standard and downplay it doesn't make it less offensive. I bet if there was a law proposed to allow only lesbians to marry you'd support it? I can understand someone being flat out homophobic, but having a double standard like this is just plain insulting.

I suppose its not your fault you feel this way, since most men find 2 women making out to be hot. It may be more about biology than bias, but its still annoying.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2006, 09:17:59 AM »

Why is this being brought up again from a week ago?

Because I only just found out what you said.  I hadn't really paid much if any attention to this thread until I was wandering about this forum last night.   

Frodo my problem is this (not the bold part in your post):

Just b/c you admit you have a double standard and downplay it doesn't make it less offensive. I bet if there was a law proposed to allow only lesbians to marry you'd support it? I can understand someone being flat out homophobic, but having a double standard like this is just plain insulting.

In actuality -if it makes you feel any better- I would oppose same-sex marriages for both gays and lesbians.  Nowhere in my original comment that you alluded to did I ever say or imply that I would support one sex marrying but not the other.  Little did I expect anyone to make such an issue out of a comment I made half-jokingly, and which I did not intend to be taken too seriously. 

And I would appreciate it if you quit putting words into my mouth. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2006, 07:41:30 AM »

I see this thread has veered far off topic ... then again what's the movie I saw last night? Brokeback Mountain, that's what. Maybe not so far off topic, then.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2006, 08:30:44 AM »

Last three movies I've seen:

1) Das Leben der Anderen
2) Syriana
3) Munich

Will probably go to see "Inside Man" tomorrow... although the idea that Spike Lee makes a mainstream thriller sounds still kinda weird to me. Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2006, 08:36:05 AM »

Will probably go to see "Inside Man" tomorrow... although the idea that Spike Lee makes a mainstream thriller sounds still kinda weird to me. Wink
What a sellout. Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2006, 01:27:19 AM »

Any good?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2006, 01:34:08 AM »

In keeping with my Werner Herzog theme of this visit to the Bad Place I added another to my list.  Alas, the Werner Herzog portion of my local  university film series has ended, and whilst going through withdrawal I came upon, unexpectedly, a showing of Incident at Loch Ness, a 2004 mockumentary.  Mildly funny, but not much there compared to his usual films.. of course it only starred Herzog, he did not direct.

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2006, 05:16:38 AM »

A good example for liberal Hollywood propaganda. Cheesy

Many people probably find "Syriana" both boring and too complex, because of its extremely slow pace, the almost documentary-like style, the multiple plots and storylines as well as the dozen or so different main characters (the numerous supporting characters not counted).

It isn't exactly your typical "blockbuster" action movie. You have to pay attention to everything what happens on the screen and you have to think a lot. The script for "Syriana" is from the same author who has written "Traffic" and in many ways both movies are comparable in the structure of their plots as well as their visual style. Think of it as "Traffic" with greedy oil executives and corrupt CIA officals instead of greedy drug lords and corrupt Mexican cops.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2006, 05:37:57 AM »

V For Vendetta - 8/10
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2006, 08:33:14 AM »

The most recent picture I watched was Good Night and Good Luck, which was excellent one of last year's best, I'd say. On TV I recently watched Room With a View (girlfriend's initiative). None of us thought it to be all that good though.

Brokeback Mountain's scene is not all that graphic. I was a little shocked but it's like a 5 second scene in a 2 hour movie. It says nothing about the film as a whole. I found it to be a little overrated but still very good. Top 5 of last year, most certainly.

And I'm glad to see that some other people here seem to enjoy quality films, as opposed to the usual thrash... Wink
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2006, 01:17:55 PM »

Failure to Launch
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2006, 04:50:16 PM »

A good example for liberal Hollywood propaganda. Cheesy

Many people probably find "Syriana" both boring and too complex, because of its extremely slow pace, the almost documentary-like style, the multiple plots and storylines as well as the dozen or so different main characters (the numerous supporting characters not counted).

It isn't exactly your typical "blockbuster" action movie. You have to pay attention to everything what happens on the screen and you have to think a lot. The script for "Syriana" is from the same author who has written "Traffic" and in many ways both movies are comparable in the structure of their plots as well as their visual style. Think of it as "Traffic" with greedy oil executives and corrupt CIA officals instead of greedy drug lords and corrupt Mexican cops.

Guy I know told me he'd gone and seen it with his wife and they didn't understand the plot. Smiley
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2006, 05:02:37 PM »

V
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2006, 05:14:30 PM »

Inside Man

Likely that I'll see Ice Age II this weekend sometime.
Yates

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2006, 05:38:19 PM »

V for Vendetta - a truly remarkable and moving film.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2006, 10:45:06 AM »

V for Vendetta

The best film I've seen since the last Lord of the Rings. Very well done, thought provoking, and interesting. A monumental film.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2006, 12:54:10 PM »

Red Eye.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2006, 01:05:55 PM »

Still Munich. I rarely go to the movies.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2006, 01:40:27 PM »

I never go, unless it's with other people.  I wait for the dvd.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2006, 09:19:35 AM »

I just yesterday saw Ice Age: The Meltdown on opening night.  It was fantastic; I highly recommend it to anyone who likes animated movies.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 212  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies