What's the last movie you've seen?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:45:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 ... 212
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 630881 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3275 on: March 04, 2010, 02:38:16 AM »

Bitch Slap

Terrible in most ways but still well worth watching for the incredible looking women in it.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3276 on: March 06, 2010, 05:27:01 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2010, 05:31:23 PM by The Goy's Teeth »

Alice in Wonderland

Dear lord Tim Burton what have you done to your career? Yes this will make alot of money but this is awful - turning one of the most imaginative works of fantasy ever into third-rate Tolkein-wannabe 'fantasy' cliches. Why, oh why?

Exit through the Gift Shop

Aka "The Bansky Film". A (pseudo?) documentary about the world of street art (to put it very, very simply). Just furthers my convinction that Bansky is merely a rather good wind-up merchant, not that there is anything wrong with that. After all this film is really rather good and not quite what "the Bansky film" suggests.  Alot of the stuff that he includes about the art world strikes a so-true-it-hurts feel.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #3277 on: March 06, 2010, 05:29:15 PM »

Olyimpia
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3278 on: March 07, 2010, 09:04:11 PM »

The Hurt Locker

Good movie. I could live with it winning Best Picture, especially if it is our only hope of beating Avatar.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #3279 on: March 08, 2010, 06:10:05 PM »

I flipped on Sundance and saw Return of the War Room, a documentary getting together some of the faces from The War Room, the documentary about the 92 Clinton campaign. I still love The War Room, which I caught on tv a few years ago, because it's the last time we're ever going to get that up close and personal with a campaign staff and see what it's like to run a campaign. Anybody interested in politics, and especially politics in the 90s or the 92 election, absolutely has to watch it.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #3280 on: March 09, 2010, 09:10:56 PM »

I saw one last night and one tonight.

2012: worst movie I've seen this year. I turned it off about an hour in because I couldn't allow any more of my life to get sucked away. I feel sorry for anyone who has seen it.

Precious: very disturbing, and painful to watch. Gabourey Sidibe was amazing; I want to punch whoever decided to give Sandra Bullock the Oscar, what a disgrace. Mo'nique did a good job as well, but her character was so thoroughly evil that it made it a little hard to appreciate. Mariah Carey was great as well, it took me a minute to realize who she was before my jaw hit the floor.

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3281 on: March 09, 2010, 09:50:39 PM »

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Quite enjoyable.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #3282 on: March 10, 2010, 02:13:22 PM »

The Spy Next Door w/ jackie chan
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #3283 on: March 10, 2010, 09:51:06 PM »

Up In the Air. It was good, but it took me a while to get into it. Turned out to be very depressing...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #3284 on: March 10, 2010, 09:58:13 PM »

My girlfriend and I are going to take another crack at Alice in Wonderland Saturday.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3285 on: March 10, 2010, 10:06:56 PM »

Alice in Wonderland.  Tim Burton ruined another of my childhood favorites.  That makes three.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3286 on: March 11, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »

The King of Comedy

Excellent.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3287 on: March 12, 2010, 06:39:23 PM »

Rupert Pupkin (or is it Pimkin or Pumpkin?) or Howard Beale? My favourite Characters (I'm not sure favourite is the right word but whatever...)

Grin
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3288 on: March 12, 2010, 10:33:10 PM »

Green Zone.

It was too dated. The message that the Bush admin seriously f**ked up Iraq reconstruction and that the WMDs claim was bogus is obvious to any remotely rational person for at least four years. There was some good action sequences but the film was just too preachy and Anvilicious over such an outdated Aesop. I mean there's a scene where Bush is mocked for the famous MISSION ACCOMPLISHED speech. I would've loved that four years ago but who cares today?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3289 on: March 12, 2010, 10:38:26 PM »

Alice in Wonderland
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3290 on: March 13, 2010, 10:11:18 AM »

Rupert Pupkin (or is it Pimkin or Pumpkin?) or Howard Beale? My favourite Characters (I'm not sure favourite is the right word but whatever...)

Grin

Easy way round this; you like them as characters in an abstract sense, but you don't like the characters as people (if they were real). Grin
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3291 on: March 13, 2010, 10:20:25 PM »

The Ghost Writer

Excellent political suspense thriller. I don't want to spoil it, but needless to say it was well done.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #3292 on: March 13, 2010, 10:22:58 PM »

I just watched Fatherland a short while ago.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #3293 on: March 13, 2010, 10:27:19 PM »

Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp.

Very good movie and outstanding acting by Depp.  It was the first movie I have seen in the theater since August 2008 when Journey to the Center of the Earth came out.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #3294 on: March 13, 2010, 10:38:16 PM »

Saw two last night:

The Box - despite horrible reviews I decided to give it a gander as it takes place in Virginia and was made by the same guy who did Donnie Darko. About halfway through the movie I started wondering what all those critics were complaining about, because it was genuinely decent. Turns out the last half of the movie was retarded beyond belief. Acting was good, setting was good, the plot(the first half of it) was good, but it just turned into one gigantic waste of time.

Hard Candy - Ok, so this movie is about a 14 year old girl who meets what she thinks is a pedophile online. She comes over to his house, drugs him, tortures him(including leading him to believe he's being castrated in a painful scene that is almost impossible to watch), and I to my surprise found myself hoping he'd break free and kill the little bitch for most of the movie. The ending is kind of lame, but I'd give it a B- just for the fact that it was original.

Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #3295 on: March 13, 2010, 11:03:15 PM »

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #3296 on: March 13, 2010, 11:07:51 PM »

Alice in Wonderland, and it was terrible. Another childhood memory ruthlessly raped by Tim Burton.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3297 on: March 14, 2010, 12:11:59 AM »

The Box - despite horrible reviews I decided to give it a gander as it takes place in Virginia and was made by the same guy who did Donnie Darko. About halfway through the movie I started wondering what all those critics were complaining about, because it was genuinely decent. Turns out the last half of the movie was retarded beyond belief. Acting was good, setting was good, the plot(the first half of it) was good, but it just turned into one gigantic waste of time.

Do you agree with what I said that there was at least three points before the ending where it could've ended but didn't? Seems that way from the review, I was actually pretty sure that bit where the husband has to choose from the three portals was the climax and it was almost over. Then it went on for what seemed like an hour later. I didn't think the last half was as bad as you seem to think though.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #3298 on: March 14, 2010, 12:19:22 AM »

Do you agree with what I said that there was at least three points before the ending where it could've ended but didn't? Seems that way from the review, I was actually pretty sure that bit where the husband has to choose from the three portals was the climax and it was almost over. Then it went on for what seemed like an hour later. I didn't think the last half was as bad as you seem to think though.

I thought it was going to end at the portals as well, then I thought it would end at the wedding, and then there was another point I can't remember where I just wanted to turn it off because it was dragging on needlessly.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3299 on: March 14, 2010, 12:22:22 AM »
« Edited: March 14, 2010, 12:31:30 AM by Joe Republic »

The best part about The Box was the end credits, not just because they were so welcome after such an arduous experience, but also because it was scored by Win and Régine of Arcade Fire, and Owen Pallett of Final Fantasy.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 ... 212  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies