What's the last movie you've seen?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:19:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 ... 212
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 630938 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3025 on: October 21, 2009, 12:24:50 PM »

La Cage aux Rossignols

French movie made in 1945, which inspired a cover that made a huge success in 2004 in France, Les Choristes. Simple and refreshing, pretty good.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #3026 on: October 21, 2009, 03:41:46 PM »

Ninja cheerleaders. it is gayer than it sounds. (watched twice)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3027 on: October 22, 2009, 09:05:10 AM »

Dirty Work, 1998 comedy with Norm MacDonald, Artie Lange, Chris Farley, Chevy Chase and the late great Jack Warden. Classic late 90s SNL comedy.

8MM, 1999 dark suspense film with Nicolas Cage and Joaquin Phoneix with Cage as a Pennsylvania P.I. who is brought in to help determine the authenticity and background of a "snuff film" found in the safe of a deceased rich businessman. EXCELLENT. Highly recommend.

Outbreak, 1995 suspense film with Dustin Hoffman, Rene Russo, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey and Donald Sutherland about a deadly virus outbreak. Decent.

Rambo, 2008 sequel to the 1982 hit "First Blood". Stallone is back, just as great as ever as John Rambo.

Hostage, 2005 thriller with Bruce Willis as a small-town cop who is brought back into his hostage negotiating days when three young punks take a family hostage. Very good.

Duplex, 2003 comedy with Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore as a married couple who buy a duplex in Brooklyn not knowing they'd be hassled to craziness by an old lady living upstairs. Pretty good and Drew Barrymore is delicious!

Road Trip, hilarious 2001 comedy with Breckin Meyer, Sean William Scott and Tom Green. Classic hilarity!

Bandits, 2001 comedy with Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton as two escaped bank robbers.  Bruce plays the level headed one, Billy Bob plays the anxiety filled hypochondriac. Excellent!

Drowning Mona, 2000 comedy with Danny DeVito, Bette Midler, Casey Affleck, Neve Campbell and Jamie Lee Curtis about the death of a woman who was so hated, the whole small New York town is suspect! Great flick!

Amos & Andrew, 1993 comedy with Nicolas Cage and Samuel L. Jackson. Decent.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3028 on: October 22, 2009, 09:17:16 PM »

Where the Wild Things Are

I finally got a chance to go see it. I thought it was great. I loved how surreal the dialogue was at times.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #3029 on: October 22, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »

Gus Van Sant's Elephant. Highly recommended.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #3030 on: October 22, 2009, 10:32:35 PM »

Paranormal Activity
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3031 on: October 23, 2009, 12:13:35 AM »

I finally got a chance to go see it. I thought it was great. I loved how surreal the dialogue was at times.

The Bob and Terry bit comes to mind.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3032 on: October 23, 2009, 02:59:31 AM »

The Bob and Terry bit comes to mind.

Yeah, congrats to Spike for getting away with that kind of stuff in a $100 million dollar production.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3033 on: October 23, 2009, 10:57:13 AM »

I'm not a fan of Van Sant but I would agree.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3034 on: October 23, 2009, 11:27:45 PM »

That was the most boring movie ever. No real dialogue, just pointless small talk. Roughly half the movie is just watching people walk around. Instead of watching it just go to the mall and follow random people around for an hour and a half. It's roughly the same experience.
The Mikado
Atlas Star

« Reply #3035 on: October 23, 2009, 11:30:49 PM »

Where the Wild Things Are.

I'll have more to say tomorrow.

Quite good.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3036 on: October 23, 2009, 11:31:36 PM »

Minority Report.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3037 on: October 24, 2009, 07:53:44 PM »

Sex Drive - Mediocre, but sometimes amusing.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3038 on: October 25, 2009, 05:51:54 AM »

Requiem for a Dream

Good movie. Fantastic editing/sequencing/etc. Also, Jennifer Connelly was just painfully hot around 2000.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3039 on: October 30, 2009, 06:55:05 AM »

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus

The latest movie by Terry Gilliam.  Stars Christopher Plummer and Heath Ledger (the latter died during filming, and this is his final movie).  Enjoyable, but not as good as the movies Gilliam made in his prime.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3040 on: November 02, 2009, 11:33:04 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2009, 11:36:08 AM by Benwah »

Requiem for a Dream

Good movie. Fantastic editing/sequencing/etc. Also, Jennifer Connelly was just painfully hot around 2000.

You think life is just plain black, this movie is for you. Just liked the main music of the OST.

Last one I watched, was on TV, was Man on fire.

Wow, didn't expect we could make such an apologia of vengeance and cruelty. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3041 on: November 03, 2009, 11:16:53 AM »

Paranormal Activity

Literally one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3042 on: November 03, 2009, 11:23:50 AM »

Paranormal Activity

It was only scary if you lacked logic and critical thinking skills. A friend and I went to see it in Georgetown this weekend, and literally half the theater was jumping in fear at what was going on. I thought GU students were a little smarter than that. Nothing that happened in the film could not be done with computer enhancements. It was only "good" if you went in thinking it was real. Even then, the only time I jumped was at the ending when the body of Micah was hurled at the camera.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #3043 on: November 06, 2009, 09:28:17 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0476643/

Required. Viewing.

One of the best movies I've ever seen (with one of the sweetest love scenes I've ever seen to boot) and I don't give statements like this lightly. Watch.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3044 on: November 06, 2009, 10:07:25 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0476643/

Required. Viewing.

One of the best movies I've ever seen (with one of the sweetest love scenes I've ever seen to boot) and I don't give statements like this lightly. Watch.

Haven't seen that one but seems that Israel makes good films recently.

Last one I saw:

Million dollar baby

Wow.

Was on TV, at the beginning I hesitate to watch, ecstatic review preceding made me doubt, but, it was Eastwood, so, I watched. Well, during the first 2/3 of the film, i'm like well, it's some basic Clint Eastwood style, nothing exceptional, something a bit more realist than some classical American movie, a bit more fresh, a bit closer to human beings, but nothing exceptional, remained pretty classical, I was thinking that once again the review had still been too much high. And, comes the last boxing match. At first, I think oh no Eastwood fell in 'Rocky paradigm', 'the boxer of the good against the boxer of the evil', the match seems to go this way, and, suddenly...

I can't tell what happens, would break the movie. It is the beginning of the most interesting part of the movie, all the rest before was just here to serve this last part. Comes a part that takes you to the stomach, a part where a tragedy like the human being can know is actually displayed, without compromise, and in which it seems Eastwood really gives us something very strong from his being.

At the end, you think, he dared, you would understand why it is italic if you watch the movie. There are other actual good tragedies in the cinema, and maybe the review has too much focusing on this one, but it deserves some attention nevertheless, and for something coming from Hollywood (the Warner produced) that remains exceptional.

Well, euh, a small dropping comment, the French version gave the voice of...Dumbledore to Eastwood. He had a pretty cool voice in French before, maybe they feel forced to suit with the fact he got older, well, Dumbledore in more speed speaking, say Dumbledore who drank a lot of coffee. Anyways, in the last part, you just don't care about that...

And also, I liked the acting of the girl, Hillary Swank, though I guess it would have been better in OV.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3045 on: November 06, 2009, 10:21:41 AM »

Paranormal Activity

It was only scary if you lacked logic and critical thinking skills. A friend and I went to see it in Georgetown this weekend, and literally half the theater was jumping in fear at what was going on. I thought GU students were a little smarter than that. Nothing that happened in the film could not be done with computer enhancements. It was only "good" if you went in thinking it was real. Even then, the only time I jumped was at the ending when the body of Micah was hurled at the camera.

Most of the people that go to that theater don't actually go to Georgetown. Also GU has a healthy population of dumb bros who basically got in here because of legacy/they went to a Jesuit prep school.

But yeah, terrible and boring film.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3046 on: November 08, 2009, 03:22:35 PM »

Adventureland!  Quite enjoyed it, but it filled me with the most terrible ennui.  I'm in my forties, and I was a youth in the period depicted (late 1980s).  How sad.. I think its a sign of a good youth-movie when it makes olds feel sad rather than just bored.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3047 on: November 08, 2009, 08:14:17 PM »

Adventureland!  Quite enjoyed it, but it filled me with the most terrible ennui.  I'm in my forties, and I was a youth in the period depicted (late 1980s).  How sad.. I think its a sign of a good youth-movie when it makes olds feel sad rather than just bored.

I found it kind of nostalgia-inducing in an odd way even though I could barely remember the time the movie is set in. Probably because I was such a big fan of the music in it. Two classic Minnesota bands on the soundtrack, the Replacements and Husker Du!
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #3048 on: November 08, 2009, 08:20:23 PM »

Serrogates with Bruce Willis, far fetched but cool IMO.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3049 on: November 08, 2009, 09:15:48 PM »

"The Departed"

Jack Nicholson still rocks!
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 ... 212  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies