What's the last movie you've seen?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:44:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 212
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 626358 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: August 25, 2007, 09:38:19 PM »

I thought he was pretty good, although some of his henchmen certainly weren't.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in Hitman. I know movies based on video games usually don't work out very well, but I think this one might be one of the exceptions like Resident Evil.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #926 on: August 25, 2007, 10:02:36 PM »

I usually like when someone shows signs of a pulse when they're acting.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #927 on: August 26, 2007, 03:46:44 AM »

I finished watching "Heat" with Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro earlier this morning. Very good film.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #928 on: August 26, 2007, 04:10:37 AM »

You're not alone, Red:
The Girl Next Door

I was surprised how much I actually liked it.  I'd seen it before, but just decided to watch it again the other night.  One of the better movies in my dvd collection.

Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #929 on: August 26, 2007, 05:10:32 AM »
« Edited: August 31, 2007, 10:20:24 AM by Lewisberg Slim »

Movies I've mentioned seeing in this thread: (I'm bored.)

Be Here to Love Me
Hooligans
Goodbye Lenin
Brokeback Mountain
Tsotsi
Raising Victor Vargas
Show Time
Meine Schneekönigin
Pirates II
Hwal
The Free Will
Pretty Baby
The Seventh Seal
Little Miss Sunshine
The Departed
Babel
Domino
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
Flags of our Fathers
The Queen
Wer früher stirbt ist länger tot
Shallow Graves
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Last King of Scotland
Lord of the Ring III
Zodiac
Prinzessinnenbad
Black Snake Moan
Death Proof
Candy

Movies I can think of off the top of my head that I've seen since the creation of this thread but didn't list here:
Match Point

When did Broken Flowers come out? - I'm thinking that one may be missing as well.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #930 on: August 26, 2007, 01:29:21 PM »

No way I could ever make such a list.

One movie I did see but am sure I didn't list was Alpha Dog, a very good film. I was surprised by Justin Timberlake, both by that he was in a movie like that in the first place, and that he actually did a really good job.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #931 on: August 26, 2007, 02:35:04 PM »

I usually like when someone shows signs of a pulse when they're acting.
Not necessarily....consider the character.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #932 on: August 26, 2007, 03:22:26 PM »

Star Trek: Nemesis

Not good, not good at all in fact. The final act had redeeming features but not enough to save what was, on the whole, a rather disappointing effort. Most importantly though - they killed off my favourite character. Sad
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #933 on: August 28, 2007, 12:31:50 PM »

An absolutely horrible movie. My Dad's a big Trek fan and he dragged me to see this movie in the theaters. It claims the title of being the only movie I have ever seen that actually put me to sleep, though The Good Shepard was close.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #934 on: August 28, 2007, 12:58:20 PM »

the wife and i went to see the bourne ultimatum tuesday night.  i give it a c-

Did you like the first two?  I thought the third one was just about as good as the other two.

As far as my latest movie, I was roped into seeing "Mr. Bean's Holiday."  It wasn't bad, and was definitely better than the first one, though I would rather have waited to see it on cable rather than spend the money at the theatre.  I want to see "The Last Legion" still.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #935 on: August 28, 2007, 01:48:06 PM »

An absolutely horrible movie. My Dad's a big Trek fan and he dragged me to see this movie in the theaters. It claims the title of being the only movie I have ever seen that actually put me to sleep, though The Good Shepard was close.

While I've fallen asleep before films a few times (notably so with Godfather II and Apocalypse Now), the only movie I fell asleep in front of in a cinema was Kingdom of Heaven.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #936 on: August 28, 2007, 07:30:46 PM »

While I've fallen asleep before films a few times (notably so with Godfather II and Apocalypse Now), the only movie I fell asleep in front of in a cinema was Kingdom of Heaven.

Well Kingdom of Heaven was an alright movie I just think it suffered from bad casting. In my opinion the movie would have been much better if Liam Neeson had played an older version Orlando Bloom's character.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #937 on: August 28, 2007, 11:35:04 PM »

The only movie that's ever put me to sleep was Twister. I saw in class in 8th grade and would've preferred the most boring lecture I've ever sat through.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #938 on: August 28, 2007, 11:51:13 PM »

The only movie that's ever put me to sleep was Twister. I saw in class in 8th grade and would've preferred the most boring lecture I've ever sat through.

...but...but...flying cows!
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #939 on: August 29, 2007, 12:51:00 AM »

The hills have eyes 2.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #940 on: August 29, 2007, 09:46:26 AM »

Well Kingdom of Heaven was an alright movie I just think it suffered from bad casting. In my opinion the movie would have been much better if Liam Neeson had played an older version Orlando Bloom's character.

On Orlando Bloom, I agree completely with the BBC film reviewer Mark Kermode (who calls him Orloondo Bland) when described his acting (in a scene with Kiera Knightley in Pirates 3) as "positively teaky" and "You feel like you need to get out the varnish and varnish it."

Actually, Kermode's scornful reviews of all the Pirates films are hilarious - I think they're downloadable from the BBC Radio 5 website. Well worth listening to.
Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #941 on: August 29, 2007, 10:35:10 AM »

Super-Bad was funny for a typical teen sex comedy.  It could have used more female nudity.
Rococo4

« Reply #942 on: August 29, 2007, 05:40:09 PM »

Superbad was great, saw it last week, but it was a little over the top.  No one over their early 30s would probably like it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #943 on: August 29, 2007, 08:23:17 PM »

Ouch... bummer.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #944 on: August 29, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »

On Orlando Bloom, I agree completely with the BBC film reviewer Mark Kermode (who calls him Orloondo Bland) when described his acting (in a scene with Kiera Knightley in Pirates 3) as "positively teaky" and "You feel like you need to get out the varnish and varnish it."

Actually, Kermode's scornful reviews of all the Pirates films are hilarious - I think they're downloadable from the BBC Radio 5 website. Well worth listening to.

Nice to meet another fellow Kermode fan then.. not that I agree with him lots but he is genuinely one of the best critics out there.

Btw, how could sleep during Apoclaypse now? The GF Part II I understand, but Apoclaypse now? Tsk... Tsk... Kingdom of Heaven was genuinely awful though, but Miami Vice is by far the worst film I've ever seen in a cinema, I'd rather drink a can of paint while being raped by a ten foot green pole disguised as Colin Farrell then seen that again. Oh, and Colin Farrell must die. Painfully.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #945 on: August 29, 2007, 10:33:12 PM »

Kingdom of Heaven was genuinely awful though, but Miami Vice is by far the worst film I've ever seen in a cinema, I'd rather drink a can of paint while being raped by a ten foot green pole disguised as Colin Farrell then seen that again. Oh, and Colin Farrell must die. Painfully.

Miami Vice was horrible and let's not forget that Colin Farrell is a product of your country. Another shoddy product from the Celtic Tiger. Tongue
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #946 on: August 30, 2007, 02:42:24 AM »

The Vanishing from 1993 with Kiefer Sutherland, and Jeff Bridges. Started off kind of slow...but then got going. Pretty good flick.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #947 on: August 30, 2007, 06:11:13 AM »

Kingdom of Heaven was genuinely awful though, but Miami Vice is by far the worst film I've ever seen in a cinema, I'd rather drink a can of paint while being raped by a ten foot green pole disguised as Colin Farrell then seen that again. Oh, and Colin Farrell must die. Painfully.

Miami Vice was horrible and let's not forget that Colin Farrell is a product of your country. Another shoddy product from the Celtic Tiger. Tongue

Ehh.. [class snobery]he's from North Dublin so that hardly counts.[/class snobery] Tongue
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #948 on: August 30, 2007, 06:37:46 AM »

The only two Colin Farrell movies I liked were "Phone Booth" and "SWAT".
Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #949 on: August 30, 2007, 08:40:01 AM »

Superbad was great, saw it last week, but it was a little over the top.  No one over their early 30s would probably like it.

I went to see it with my 52 year-old father and he thought it was hilarious.  These types of movies are my 55 year-old uncle's favorite kind too.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 212  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies