What's the last movie you've seen?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:09:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 212
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 626269 times)
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: July 17, 2007, 10:42:49 AM »

I saw License To Wed, Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix, and C.S.A. The Confederate States of America.

License To Wed, imagine The Office sans Jenna Fischer, Rainn Wilson and Steve Carrell and not very funny. There were points there that were supposed to make you laugh but it just wasn't that funny. They could have put the gaffes together to form a hour and a half movie and it would have been better. If you watch The Office though its neat to see that 3 members of the cast have cameos. Speaking of cameos the best part of the film is with Brian Baumgartner (you know the bald accountant on the office).

5.5/10

Harry Potter 5: Well I must say this film is up there with HP 3 as one of the better ones in the series and a vital part of the series. At least it isn't like 1 and especially 2 which really aren't all that essential. There was a good battle scene at the end and would have been better if it was longer. I'd have to say out of the blockbusters this year that have been released it was better than PoC 3, on par with Spider Man but it certainly doesn't give you that feel good feeling that Transformers does.

7/10

CSA: Wow, that was something else... The film is a mockumentary of the history of the C.S.A. I missed the very beginning but needless to say the South won and it assumes that slaves remained slaves and that it became part of American culture. It includes fake commercials that I can simply say are vile and disturbing. Anyway. in this there is even a cold war between the U.S. and Canada... But, I must say I think they go out of the way to make a point and I honestly can't say that it would be very realistic for the C.S.A. to keep slavery around to the present day it even suggests that to reintroduce slavery the CSA allowed northerners to forgo special taxes if they took slaves .

5.5/10:All I have to say is wow, that was a horror movie... A poor, unrealistic horror movie that for some odd reason keeps you watching.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #826 on: July 17, 2007, 07:40:18 PM »

I just saw CSA too - the problem here is that it doesn't try to portray a true alternative history but rather make political points. And by failing to do the former it fails in the latter - a comic idea of alternative history where only the names change. Yawn...

Though some of the facts shown near the end are truly amazing.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #827 on: July 26, 2007, 02:14:46 PM »

The Simpsons Movie
I really liked the opening half hour or so - but I thought the latter parts of the film suffered because of the need for plot development which weighed it down a little. Worth seeing though - much better than most of the Simpsons output in recent years.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #828 on: July 26, 2007, 07:05:48 PM »

The Simpsons Movie
I really liked the opening half hour or so - but I thought the latter parts of the film suffered because of the need for plot development which weighed it down a little. Worth seeing though - much better than most of the Simpsons output in recent years.

Hahaha.. That's almost exactly what I was going to post in this thread.

Also the attempts at Political 'satire' were far too feeble. The Simpsons truly sucks when it tries to be relevant.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #829 on: July 26, 2007, 07:08:28 PM »

The Simpsons Movie

Did they show a trailer for "The Dark Knight" beforehand?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #830 on: July 26, 2007, 07:25:49 PM »

The Simpsons Movie

Not when I saw it, no.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #831 on: July 26, 2007, 08:24:29 PM »

The Simpsons Movie

Heard anything of note about that movie lately, Andrew (casting, plot, etc..)?   
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #832 on: July 26, 2007, 09:31:43 PM »

Live Free or Die Hard: Much better than I thought it would be. One of the more enjoyable movies I've seen this year.

Young Frankenstein: Good film, but not one of the best movies of all time. Still enjoyable.

Vertigo: The first hour was fantastic. The latter portion was not all that great imho. The ending was sudden and I found it to be lacking. Notorious was a much better film with a better ending.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #833 on: July 27, 2007, 12:04:35 AM »

Starship Troopers.

Wow. What a horrible, horrible movie. And I even like science fiction and sex.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #834 on: July 27, 2007, 12:27:03 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2007, 12:31:49 AM by AndrewBerger »

The Simpsons Movie

Heard anything of note about that movie lately, Andrew (casting, plot, etc..)?   

What do you want to know? Wink

A teaser trailer (and I mean REALLY a teaser in every sense of the word; no footage from the film: just dialogue over a logo) is being released to select showings of "The Simpsons". A bootleg version surfaced on YouTube but was taken down by WB. It was pretty cool in the sense that it gets one excited for the film but wasn't anything special (besides hearing the Joker talk).

Some set photos have also come out of Ledger as the Joker. A photo of the new Batsuit was also released...

The suit gives more mobility to Bale.

Anything else I say may go into spoiler territory but it's entirely possible that this one may be the best one yet.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #835 on: July 27, 2007, 10:31:07 AM »

The Simpsons Movie

Also the attempts at Political 'satire' were far too feeble. The Simpsons truly sucks when it tries to be relevant.

You mean you don't think Itchy/Hillary could win in '08?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #836 on: July 27, 2007, 10:37:22 AM »

The Simpsons Movie

You mean you don't think Itchy/Hillary could win in '08?

What's the Difference? One is a inhuman murderous sociopath and the other is a mouse.

I just really hope Bush has forgotten where the "Accidental launch" button is.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #837 on: July 28, 2007, 01:12:52 AM »

The Simpson's Movie

I thought the first 45 minutes were really funny, but then the laughter died down. Nevertheless, it was way better than past Simpson's episodes from Season 18 onwards. The film also pointed me in the right direction for who to vote for in 2008, ITCHY/HILLARY!
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #838 on: July 29, 2007, 01:26:33 AM »

The Fog of War

A very interesting documentary on Robert S. McNamara and Kennedy/Johnson Administration military policy during the course of the 1960's. I can see why, The Fog of War won the 2003 Best Documentary Academy Award.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #839 on: July 29, 2007, 01:30:56 AM »

The Simpson's Movie

I thought the first 45 minutes were really funny, but then the laughter died down. Nevertheless, it was way better than past Simpson's episodes from Season 18 onwards. The film also pointed me in the right direction for who to vote for in 2008, ITCHY/HILLARY!

I saw it too yesterday. Was quite funny. Basically this movie guarantees a Clinton presidency next year, with all the advertisment for her in the movie Wink

Also, Alaska will probably see a huge population boom in the next years. Watch out for the immigrants, Aksaber ! Tongue
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #840 on: July 29, 2007, 01:34:28 AM »

The Simpson's Movie

I saw it too yesterday. Was quite funny. Basically this movie guarantees a Clinton presidency next year, with all the advertisment for her in the movie Wink

Also, Alaska will probably see a huge population boom in the next years. Watch out for the immigrants, Aksaber ! Tongue

I'll be sure to do that. Cool Thanks for the warning!!! Tongue Grin
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #841 on: July 29, 2007, 01:36:49 AM »

The Simpson's Movie

It was so funny when the Simpson's entered Alaska, when the Alaskan official gave them $1000 thanks to the Alaskan Oil companys. That was one of the funniest lines in the whole movie.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #842 on: July 29, 2007, 04:24:14 AM »

The Simpson's Movie

It was so funny when the Simpson's entered Alaska, when the Alaskan official gave them $1000 thanks to the Alaskan Oil companys. That was one of the funniest lines in the whole movie.

Hmmm. All this talk is starting to make me want to see the movie now..... Grin
WiseGuy

« Reply #843 on: July 30, 2007, 06:29:10 AM »

I watched The Godfather yesterday.  Wow.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #844 on: August 01, 2007, 12:37:54 PM »

Starship Troopers.

Wow, you suck.

For me, Children of Men. Quite good, and the way it was shot was amazing.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #845 on: August 01, 2007, 12:42:33 PM »

Starship Troopers.

Wow, you suck.

It's not his fault the movie blows.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #846 on: August 01, 2007, 12:47:31 PM »

Starship Troopers.

Wow, you suck.

No, its a bad movie.

I saw Jumanji, this is the second time I've seen the film but the first time I watched it from start to finish, very well done movie and probably the most enjoyable family oriented action movie I've seen.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #847 on: August 01, 2007, 12:48:53 PM »

If you guys are taking the movie seriously, you are greatly missing the point.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #848 on: August 01, 2007, 01:42:34 PM »

If you guys are taking the movie seriously, you are greatly missing the point.

We know it's a satire, but it still sucks. Verhoeven has made many superior films, most notably Total Recall.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #849 on: August 01, 2007, 02:00:24 PM »

The Simpsons Movie
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 212  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies