What's the last movie you've seen?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:43:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 ... 212
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 631079 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2525 on: April 19, 2009, 04:28:10 PM »

In The Loop. Great film!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQrqMkCuHqA&feature=PlayList&p=E452D56CCBE94CA6&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2526 on: April 19, 2009, 04:30:55 PM »

Over the last week:
Dirty Harry
In Bruges
Into the Wild
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2527 on: April 21, 2009, 05:10:37 PM »

In the Loop

Låt den rätte komma in (Let The Right One In)

Both really good.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2528 on: April 23, 2009, 03:01:42 AM »

Jumpers-boring....I wasn't paying attention during the credits...had NO idea that was Anakin Skywalker for like the first half of the movie.  Weird.  They did do a good job with the "jump" effect....visually at least.  And it's always good too see S.L.Jackson as a bad guy.  Probably the biggest mistake was making the lead so unlikable after he got his "gift" and then not doing enough to make up for it by the end of the movie.

I've got Indian Jones and the Kingdom of the Crstal Skull....wow that's a long ass title.  Should I watch it or just file it away for some future rainy day?  I'm a huge Raiders and Doom fan, I'm afraid this movie will just piss me off.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2529 on: April 23, 2009, 07:56:29 AM »
« Edited: April 23, 2009, 07:58:15 AM by Benedict »

1900 (1st part, about 3h15 IIRC, 1976)

By Bernardo Bertolucci. What we call "une fresque historique" in French, "an historical fresco" if I literally translate but I doubt this translation is accurate, maybe you would use the word "painting" instead of "fresco", what is more or less the same meaning, it's to speak about movies that describe large pages of History and life of people taken in these pages.

1900 is about people in the north east of Italia from 1900 to the end of the second war. Pretty damn well done, at least I enjoyed the quality of the thing. I recognized Robert de Niro and Gérard Depardieu in it. Unluckily I guess I missed the second part on TV, the 1 st one finishing on the raising of fascism in Italia.

I recommend it, the 3 hours just pass like that...
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #2530 on: April 23, 2009, 08:27:04 AM »

Monsters vs Aliens, with the kids o/c.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2531 on: April 28, 2009, 01:35:18 AM »

Synecdoche, New York

It was kind of, uh well, it could've been really powerful but it was just so strange. I really enjoyed the first half hour or so, but after that it became like I described.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2532 on: April 28, 2009, 06:37:06 AM »

Dead Clowns-Zombie clowns!  Not anywhere near as fun as it sounds.  Boring actually.

NOFX:Backstage Pass-Best reality show ever.  The biggest punk band not a major label takes a world tour to crazy places.  More cops than fans in Jakarta.  Doing lines of some unknown drug in Singapore (where all drugs are VERY illegal).  Escaping from the a gig in Peru being chased by cops and the military.  Singing "Kill All the White Man" in South Africa.  El Hefe putting on Muslim headgear in Malaysia and pissing off a good chunk of the crowd and causing a very "western" looking guy coming on stage and berating him for it....good times. (there are two Jews in NOFX)  If you like idiots doing idiotic things, this is your movie.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2533 on: May 03, 2009, 02:00:05 AM »

Seven Pounds.

Actually really good despite a brief part in the middle when it veered into chick flick-dom. A bunch of scenes near the end were especially powerful.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2534 on: May 03, 2009, 02:31:15 AM »

Halloween (2007) - It sucked.  I loved the 1978 version, and this one was plain awful.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2535 on: May 03, 2009, 08:47:02 AM »

Quiet Earth

According to what I've seen it's seems a movie from New Zealand, and it seems from the 70's.

After a scientific experiment around the world, and because the American part of this experiment screw up (of course...), it seems it remains only one man on the Earth, and we follow him and what will happen to him...

Well, not that wonderful, but it can be watched...
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2536 on: May 05, 2009, 04:49:56 AM »

Enter...the Zombie King (AKA Zombie Beach Party)-much more exciting than Zombie Clowns.  Imagine if you will....a bunch of Canadians (apparently very low end "pro" wrestlers), dress them up as Mexican lucha libres (masked wrestlers that tend to do a lot of "high flying" moves...sadly very little of the high flying wrestling was in the movie, they just dressed this way), set it in the US and have them fight zombies.  ALL of the fighting was done in a pro wrestling style.  Most of the characters had the lucha libre masks on the whole movie.  If you like bad zombie movies, wrestling and mannequin heads rolling around for no reason at all....this is the movie for you.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #2537 on: May 05, 2009, 11:39:41 AM »

State of Play.

This is probably my favorite of 2009 so far. The plot was full of twists but always kept you engaged and itself interesting, never a dull moment, the cast rocked, well OK some of Affleck's more "serious" moments could've used some work but whatever, Crowe absolutely owned. This is one of the most engaging and effective movies in a long time that American studios usually won't bother with anymore, this being a remake of a British miniseries.

Thanks for this, BRTD.  I have been wanting to hear about the movie from someone whose take on film I respect.  (I never would have seen "No Country" or "There Will be Blood" if you and a few others hadn't recommended them.)  So this one looks like it's going on my list. 

(I still thing Fight Club is way overrated...hehe)
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2538 on: May 05, 2009, 02:11:11 PM »

Yep.

First time I saw it: "Amazing".

Saw it a few years after: "Oh in fact it touched the part of teen revolt I had".

Nevertheless, the surprise of the end remains a big surprise. And the talk of the film about the modern society still stands IMO.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2539 on: May 05, 2009, 03:03:15 PM »

Yep.

First time I saw it: "Amazing".

Saw it a few years after: "Oh in fact it touched the part of teen revolt I had".

Nevertheless, the surprise of the end remains a big surprise. And the talk of the film about the modern society still stands IMO.

I agree.  It certainly IS a good movie.  I'm just not sure I understand the whole notion that it belongs in the canon of the greatest films of all time.  Then again, I actually met someone about 15 years ago who said, "Predator 2 changed my whole life".

:::: waiting for you all to spew ::::

I kid you not.

A bunch of us were talking about action movies...which ones were fun, which ones were over the top, etc....and this guy pipes up with that gem.  It was a classic "crickets chirping" moment.  No one knew what to say without simply insulting the guy.  He was a nice enough sort -- but he always carried numchucks (sp?) in the back of his car..."just in case"...LOL  He's a cop now, somewhere in Ohio.  Don't you feel good knowing that?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2540 on: May 05, 2009, 04:03:57 PM »

A bunch of us were talking about action movies...which ones were fun, which ones were over the top, etc....and this guy pipes up with that gem.  It was a classic "crickets chirping" moment.  No one knew what to say without simply insulting the guy.  He was a nice enough sort -- but he always carried numchucks (sp?) in the back of his car..."just in case"...LOL  He's a cop now, somewhere in Ohio.  Don't you feel good knowing that?

Beginning of a scenario...?
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #2541 on: May 05, 2009, 04:12:39 PM »

Marley & Me. Pretty good.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2542 on: May 08, 2009, 11:16:12 PM »

The Last Boy Scout (1991) - Bruce Willis plays a former secret service agent who saved the President but lost his job after beating up a U.S. Senator he was protecting who was beating a woman in a cruel sex game. Working as a P.I., he teams up with Football player Damon Wayans to take down bad guys.

Very good.

Striking Distance (1993) - Bruce Willis plays a Pittsburgh cop tracking down a killer. Also stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Dennis Farina, Tom Sizemore, Andre Braugher and John Mahoney, who all play cops as well.

Very good.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2543 on: May 09, 2009, 02:20:15 AM »

Just finished watching "88 Minutes" starring Al Pacino. Fantastic film.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2544 on: May 09, 2009, 02:36:07 AM »

Star Trek

Astoundingly good. It sucks that we'll have to wait a couple of years for the sequel. I want it now.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2545 on: May 09, 2009, 02:38:18 AM »

Grass-Documentary on.....well, grass.  Narrated by Woody Harrelson it goes through the history of pot in the US.  It's funked up.  I challenge anybody that is against legalization to watch it and still be against legalization.  It's available at Netflix.  2 bongs up.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2546 on: May 09, 2009, 06:55:07 PM »

Doubt
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2547 on: May 09, 2009, 06:56:32 PM »

To Kill a Mockingbird - Absolutely amazing.  Gregory Peck was brilliant, as were all the other actors.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2548 on: May 09, 2009, 07:35:08 PM »

To Kill a Mockingbird - Absolutely amazing.  Gregory Peck was brilliant, as were all the other actors.

This was your first time seeing it?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2549 on: May 10, 2009, 05:14:34 AM »

Unlawful Entry, a 1992 thriller about Ray Liotta as a crazy cop who begins to have a fixation on Kurt Russell's amazingly hot wife Madeline Stowe. Good flick.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 ... 212  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies