What's the last movie you've seen?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:30:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 212
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 630901 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: June 06, 2008, 01:01:09 AM »

Inside Man. Very well done.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1676 on: June 06, 2008, 04:48:19 AM »

Let's see what have I seen recently.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall: The nudity was very unnecessary... Overall a funny film.

Baby Mama: Really good movie. Its nice to see women focused comedy that is actually funny without being an all out chick flick. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were great.

Iron Man: It was great. Paltrow actually didn't look pale for a change and actually looked attractive. Great Super Hero movie overall. Not as good as Spider Man 1 or Batman Begins but it nears that level.

Raiders of the Lost Ark: Very enjoyable. I had never sat down and watched the whole thing but it was great.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: Wow, that seemed more like a nightmare with Indiana Jones....

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: AWESOME! My favorite one of the series by far.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull (Or Indiana Jones and the Quest for More Money): Actually I liked this one a lot. It's probably my second favorite of the series. Yes I know, what can I say? I like to go see a movie and relax and enjoy the ride.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1677 on: June 06, 2008, 05:02:42 AM »

Raiders of the Lost Ark: Very enjoyable. I had never sat down and watched the whole thing but it was great.

O_O What?! I've seen it like 7 times already.

I agree with what you said about The Temple of Doom. Jeez Louise, that movie sucked.

The Last Crusade was awesome. I don't think they could have found a better actor than Sean Connery to play Indy's dad.

My brother and I both saw Kingdom of the Crystal Skull the day it came out. We both really enjoyed the film. We still can't figure out why some deride the movie so much. O_o
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1678 on: June 06, 2008, 05:30:12 AM »

Disturbia. Quite good.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1679 on: June 06, 2008, 07:04:30 AM »

Saw Iron Man last weekend. First half was ok, but it fell apart for me as time wore on.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #1680 on: June 06, 2008, 05:41:50 PM »

Indiana Jones and the temple of doom.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #1681 on: June 06, 2008, 06:17:51 PM »

O_O What?! I've seen it like 7 times already.

I agree with what you said about The Temple of Doom. Jeez Louise, that movie sucked.

The Last Crusade was awesome. I don't think they could have found a better actor than Sean Connery to play Indy's dad.

My brother and I both saw Kingdom of the Crystal Skull the day it came out. We both really enjoyed the film. We still can't figure out why some deride the movie so much. O_o

[IndyNerd]
The way I rank the series has RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK as the best of the bunch by far. That film may just be the perfect adventure film. TEMPLE OF DOOM and THE LAST CRUSADE are tied in my book. They're both strong entries in my opinion. I think that TEMPLE OF DOOM gets a lot of flack simply because it's different. The first half hour of that film is fantastic and while it goes a bit downhill after that it's not by much. I appreciate the low-key take on it, when compared to the other entries in the series. I'll never understand that hatred that some have for it.

KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, on the other hand, gets all the flack that it deserves in my opinion. With this one they basically took what worked with the original trilogy and threw it out the window, keeping the negative elements. The original films all had a fantastical element but they were still grounded in reality; I could believe in the story, as out of this world as it may be. In KotCS, I really didn't feel involved in the story and couldn't believe in it, largely due to the CGI and the out-there stunts (mainly Indy surviving a nuclear explosion, the waterfall segment, and pretty much any action involving Louis Stev...I mean Shia LeBouf).

I still had fun watching KotCS just because it was Indy. I think Harrison was fine and still showed that Indy charm (my favorite part was when Marion asked what happened with the other girls and that classic Ford smirk comes on his face and he replies "None of them were you, honey"...now THAT was the Indy I know and love!). Overall though, compared to the other Indy films it's a long way off in my view and dead last in the rankings. It's a shame really because I really think that it did have potential.

There's rumors that they're gonna make more but I pray that they don't. If they do I hope they leave his family at home, along with George Lucas.

It seems these days that George Lucas is King Midas in reverse as everything he touches turns to sh**t.

[/IndyNerd]
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1682 on: June 06, 2008, 08:34:58 PM »

Help
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

« Reply #1683 on: June 06, 2008, 11:06:34 PM »

The Strangers, about 2 hours ago.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #1684 on: June 06, 2008, 11:56:48 PM »

Premonition
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1685 on: June 07, 2008, 12:42:32 AM »

Just saw the new Indiana Jones, ruined my life.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #1686 on: June 07, 2008, 12:41:42 PM »

George Lucas needs to stop ruining film franchises.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #1687 on: June 07, 2008, 09:12:19 PM »

Death at a Funeral (2007)

One of the funniest films I have seen this year and probably in my lifetime. After watching the first ten minutes of the film I thought the film critics had led me on, but thankfully I was proven wrong. A film I highly reccomend for anybody.

The US vs. John Lennon (2007)

A very good documentary, which was both a learning experience about the Anti-War protest movement of the late 1960's early 1970's, thanks to the likes of Abbie Hoffman and Jerry Rubin but it was also insightful film to watch.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1688 on: June 08, 2008, 05:25:29 AM »

Bottom's Up - Jason Mewes (Jay of Jay and Silent Bob fame) and Paris Hilton.  Pretty bad, still funnier than Wedding Crashers.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1689 on: June 08, 2008, 02:16:42 PM »

Road Trip

Not bad, but not good.  It had some funny moments in it, though.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1690 on: June 08, 2008, 02:57:27 PM »

Storytelling
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1691 on: June 08, 2008, 03:02:07 PM »

So how would you rank the Solondz movies?

I'd say:

Welcome to the Dollhouse
Storytelling
Happiness
(still haven't seen Palindromes)

I'm quite in the minority in liking Storytelling more than Happiness it seems. I think its narrative fits Solondz's style more though.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1692 on: June 08, 2008, 03:02:57 PM »

Welcome to the Dollhouse

Palindromes

Storytelling

Happiness
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #1693 on: June 08, 2008, 09:20:57 PM »

THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS

A great, epic film with a fantastic score and great battle scenes. It's always been one of my favorites.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1694 on: June 08, 2008, 09:28:10 PM »

THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS

A great, epic film with a fantastic score and great battle scenes. It's always been one of my favorites.

Agreed.

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962) Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, D: Robert Aldrich
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #1695 on: June 09, 2008, 01:02:06 AM »

REAR WINDOW

One of Hitchcock's best and most thrilling films. To have a film take place in one apartment and still be able to hold the interest of the viewer just shows how great of a filmmaker Hitchcock was. Great performances from both Stewart and Grace Kelly.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1696 on: June 09, 2008, 01:34:24 AM »

Recount

Had a good laugh at the ending because it reminded of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Other than that, depressing.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1697 on: June 09, 2008, 04:07:16 AM »

So how would you rank the Solondz movies?

I'd say:

Welcome to the Dollhouse
Storytelling
Happiness
(still haven't seen Palindromes)

I'm quite in the minority in liking Storytelling more than Happiness it seems. I think its narrative fits Solondz's style more though.

I've only seen Storytelling and Happiness. I think I lean towards liking Storytelling more too, actually. But I really enjoyed both. My favourite in Storytelling is when the mothers claims that they're Holocaust survivors and in Happiness when the big woman is eating ice cream and explains her murder by saying "I'm a very passionate woman". Not sure why that was so funny, but it was...
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1698 on: June 18, 2008, 07:23:53 AM »

The Incredible Hulk

Cinematic pollution.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #1699 on: June 18, 2008, 10:46:09 AM »
« Edited: June 18, 2008, 10:55:58 AM by riceowl »

Death at a Funeral (2007)

One of the funniest films I have seen this year and probably in my lifetime. After watching the first ten minutes of the film I thought the film critics had led me on, but thankfully I was proven wrong. A film I highly reccomend for anybody. 

:-(
I thought it was the worst movie of the year until I saw "Across the Universe."  It remains the 2nd worst.  To each his own!

REAR WINDOW

One of Hitchcock's best and most thrilling films. To have a film take place in one apartment and still be able to hold the interest of the viewer just shows how great of a filmmaker Hitchcock was. Great performances from both Stewart and Grace Kelly.

ooh, can we even try to rank the Hitch we've seen?  I need to compile a list.  fun activity for work!

but, already done.  I just did a top 10, because most of the others i didn't really have a good recollection of.

1   Vertigo
2   North by Northwest
3   The Man Who Knew Too Much (1955)
4   Psycho
5   Strangers on a Train
6   Rear Window
7   Shadow of a Doubt
8   Spellbound
9   Rebecca
10   Rope
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 212  
« previous next »