Seventh Peace National Convention - Spring 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:30:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Seventh Peace National Convention - Spring 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Seventh Peace National Convention - Spring 2020  (Read 588 times)
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2020, 12:43:19 PM »
« edited: April 07, 2020, 07:44:19 PM by P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong »

The Seventh
PEACE PARTY
National Convention

Meridian, Mississippi ONLINE

Welcome, Paxists, to the 7th Convention! We have unfortunately had to cancel our in-person meeting in Meridian, MS due to the coronavirus pandemic. Hopefully the convention isn't too hampered by this move to the dreaded online space!

In my capacity as acting chair, which I've been since YE left the party in January, I will be closing the 6th Convention. Leinad and I were the only active participants so it makes more sense to just open a new convention.

I think the first order of business ought to be electing a real Party Chair and a new Vice Chair. I will be stepping down from Vice Chair if anybody else wants to take the position. Nominations/candidate declarations for those positions are open now and will close on Sunday night.

Delegate sign-ins:
Razze (Vice Chair, Acting Chair)
Koopa D. Quick
Leinad
Peebs
Scott
Spiral

News:
Leinad elected party chair
Koopa D. Quick elected party vice chair
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 12:43:52 PM »

x Razze
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 01:13:02 PM »

x Koopa D. Quick
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 01:15:07 PM »

I would like to attend as a guest/observer
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 01:18:55 PM »

X LEINAD People's House Representative, former Senator, former Southern Delegate, former Southern Governor, Member of the Constitutional Convention, Member and Chair of the Southern Regional Committee, and 38th President of the Republic of Atlasia *high pitched scream*
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 01:20:05 PM »

In addition to signing in, I will also formally declare my candidacy for Chair!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 02:22:39 PM »

Throwing my hat in the ring for Vice Chair.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 04:08:45 PM »

x Peebs
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 06:42:54 PM »

razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 07:39:20 PM »

Seeing as it's Sunday night, and only one candidate for each position, I think we can waive the technical 72-hour voting period and just move on to announcing our new leadership team. So congratulations to our party's new chair: Rep. Leinad of England! And our new vice chair: Koopa D. Quick of Iowa! I'm confident that the Peace Party will find great success with you two at the helm. Now let's get going with the rest of the convention Smile
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 07:44:18 PM »

To our friends who would like to observe: seeing as the convention is now online, you may do so without having to ask. Just imagine the convention is happening on an open, public forum for any user to read Wink
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 10:30:59 PM »

Paxists, non-Paxists, former Paxists, future Paxists, friends, enemies, and everyone else: thank you! Thank you for accepting my ascension to leader of the party! Thank you for gathering here, on the internet, to celebrate the best party in Atlasia! We're going to bring this party into the next era of Atlasia. This quarantine may feel restrictive, but we are about to have a renaissance of freedom! We might be socially distant, but we are closer than ever before when it comes to banding together for each other's rights! We may be worrying about a spreading virus, but how about we spread some love?

Everyone deserves an equal shot at living the life they want to. Greed and bigotry have long been forces that work against that--and to this day, I'm sad to report, they're still going strong. But the power of people, united, working for each other, has the potential to defeat these monsters under our bed, so we can sleep soundly for generations to come!

All this, of course, is meaningless if we're just a few outsiders yelling from the corner of the room. Which is why, under the leadership of myself and Koopa, we will continue to support strong alliances with other parties such as Labor and the Law and Justice Party-Permanent Revolutionary Corporation: People's Social Democratic National Union (Trotsky-Bidenist-Buddhist-Mario Path). Even myself and Koopa don't agree on everything--I am more on the side of "putting an end to capitalism" than she is, for example, and she is probably more agreeable to "bipartisan compromise" than I would be--but we share the same goals: minimize human suffering by pushing the governmental system and society towards one that is centered around compassion, equality, and individuality, instead of greed, bigotry, and conformity.

Creating a better society will not be easy, nor is it a goal we can finish in a short period of time. There will be bumps on the road, but I am committed to using Peace to put the Atlasian Left into the next gear--there's a lot of room in the car, so if you're with me, jump in! Turn up the radio Pericles, so we can still hear our music over the engine of PROGRESS!

Everyone, thank you for listening to my speech! Virginia bless you, Virginia bless Atlasia, and Virginia bless the Peace Party!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 10:49:24 PM »

If Peace is actually starting up again, I might as well rejoin.  Count me in.

x Scott
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2020, 11:05:40 PM »

Thank you, Leinad. Great speech.

Friends, enemies, and all of those in between: there is no better day than today for a renaissance of peace and understanding. The reason I specifically chose Peace after defecting from the Feds, and not somewhere else, is because this is the true party of freedom and justice. Other parties are great, don't get me wrong, but the Peace Party of Atlasia, I've noticed, is a party of kind words, open minds, and a noticeable lack of coldness and hate for one another. We're strong, capable, and we can still effectively succeed in Atlasian politics without sacrificing our principles.

I'd like to thank Rep. Razze for his caretaker chairmanship, and I'm happy to give a warm welcome to our newest chair, Rep. and Fmr. President Leinad. From our Federalist IRC chats, to our Pacifist Discord chats, Leinad's always been a trustworthy man who can effectively lead. The party is in good hands under him.

Now, I understand that there has been a problem (literally) plaguing Atlasia and the world: the elephant in the room known as COVID-19. Due to this recent issue that has affected every Atlasian's life in some way, let's remember that we're Atlasians, and despite our different political beliefs, and despite any rivalries and hatred that might plague our hearts, we have to stand together as one people, hand in hand, working together to stop Corona dead in its tracks.

I've always admired Peace because I believe that it matches my live-and-let-live philosophy on the world. The common belief that you should respect and appreciate everyone, so long as they aren't hurtin' anybody. Civility, kindness, pragmatism. These are good traits, and they are traits that I see when I look at this party. Kind souls, warm hearts. That's what Atlasia needs.

Mis camaradas, necesitamos entender que podemos lograr la paz y la prosperidad. Necesitamos amar todos, respetar todos, y soñar con un mañana mejor. ¡Podemos ganar! ¡Podemos hacerlo! ¡Podemos lograr la paz para todos de la gente atlasiana! ¡Virginia bendiga Atlasia! Muchas gracias.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2020, 11:13:58 PM »

Leinad for Chair?!?! I'm sure that's a choice that will bring lots of low energy, hatred, and spitefulness to this party.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2020, 12:03:14 AM »

Leinad for Chair?!?! I'm sure that's a choice that will bring lots of low energy, hatred, and spitefulness to this party.
yeah, good, okay.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2020, 12:08:37 AM »

When they go low, we look for a shovel.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2020, 12:12:25 AM »

yeah, good, okay.
You know I'm right.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2020, 12:32:57 AM »

yeah, good, okay.
You know I'm right.
lol you're doubling down?
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2020, 12:40:57 AM »

yeah, good, okay.
You know I'm right.
lol you're doubling down?
Yes  Grin
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2020, 02:00:43 PM »

X Spiral
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2020, 09:54:46 PM »

In a tie with the Federalists, we are now the largest party in the People's House of Representatives!
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2020, 06:37:58 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2020, 05:04:43 PM by P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong »

What a great election result for the Peace Party! We have increased our representation in the House to OneJ-Peebs-Razze levels, and we have managed to keep the Federalist Senate nominee in the South below 2/3rds of the vote without even trying! Go us.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies