Swing States in the 2030s and 40s (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:59:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Swing States in the 2030s and 40s (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Swing States in the 2030s and 40s  (Read 2398 times)
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« on: March 30, 2020, 01:40:59 PM »
« edited: March 30, 2020, 01:44:00 PM by CookieDamage »

This is a very loose sort of prediction

Going from West to East:

Arizona - Conservative retirees finally die off and it becomes a lean D state.

Montana - Dem state transplants tilt the state to being a pure tossup. I could see it getting 6 or 7 electoral votes in the 2030s.

Texas - Typical story. Booming cities. If suburbs continue trending D and hit the Texas suburbs, I believe it'll be a swing state and possibly tilt D, but only barely.

Kansas - Lean R due to growth in the Kansas City metro, plus Democrat suburbs, but idk.

Nevada and Colorado become safe D states.

Minnesota - White rurals going R will be counteracted by growing Minneapolis, but I don't know if Minneapolis will be growing or not in 10 to 20 years, and how fast.

Wisconsin - Closer to tilt R than pure tossup, but same story. White rurals going R while the suburbs go slightly Democratic, although the Milwaukee suburbs might remain republican longer than other suburbs.

Michigan - Idk if Detroit will continue losing population. If it does, it'll be a tilt R state, if not, tossup.

Pennsylvania - Closer to tilt D than pure tossup. Philly is growing slowly but we don't know what that will look like in the future. Maybe Philly will grow faster and Pittsburgh will stop losing people, if so, then tilt D tossup.

Virginia - Safe D. I think NOVA growing will solidify it as a safe D state.

Vermont - Lean D. I think liberal white Vermonters and their children will give way to a more moderate or even conservative electorate. If white rurals continue going R it will be closer to tilt D than likely/safe D.

New Hampshire/Maine - Tossup, possibly closer to tilt R. Small urban areas will not be able to counteract the white rurals going R.

North Carolina - Tossup - it has a lot of bloodred suburbs which, like Milwaukee's, might take time to go D, if at all.

Florida - Tossup, because Florida.

Definitely open to critiques. I can see Connecticut and Delaware losing their Safe D statuses: However, Delaware is anchored by Wilmington and Philly suburbs while Connecticut has NYC suburbs.

I don't get why people think Rhode Island will be the first New England state to be an R state.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 04:34:44 PM »

I'm tempted to think this is satire lol, but anyways. I strongly disagree with Oklahoma, Alabama, and Kentucky as being lean R. South Carolina is somewhat plausible but idk. Louisiana and Mississippi as tossups, why? I see how their high Dem floors being a plus but that's very static. Also why is CO swingy? Oregon, Washington, Illinois? RI??
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies