My retirement from Fantasy Politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:15:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My retirement from Fantasy Politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My retirement from Fantasy Politics  (Read 7563 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: February 19, 2006, 06:24:02 AM »

I am extremely saddened Sad by all of this. That's all I'll say for now but if John feels he's made the right decision then so be it but I'm saddened by it nevertheless

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 05:47:25 AM »

Well John... I can't say I'm suprised at this (as you know)... but... it's still sad that things have come to this (although I would have done the same if I were in your situation).

Frankly it may be time to put this thing down and start afresh...

I agree. The system has to be 'gutted.' It is too overcomplicated for those in the system never mind potential newbies. Government has to be streamlined (too many office holders in relation to voters in my opinion) and likewise with legislation.

We just need more Forumites to register and dispense with the Federal Activity requirement. I think the number of office holders is about right, we just need more voters. As to whether a voter wants to be active or passive (i.e. just turn up to vote) is their prerogative

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 05:54:03 AM »

It's coercive. Registered members should be free to chose whether they serve an active or passive role. Furthermore, from the point of view as a pragmatist, it would keep things simple or, at least, less complicated

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies