My retirement from Fantasy Politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:40:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My retirement from Fantasy Politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My retirement from Fantasy Politics  (Read 7589 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: February 19, 2006, 07:28:17 AM »

This is similar to what happened to me, though the situation was a lot better back when I left fantasy politics. The key problem has always been that some people here just can't get into their heads that this is not real and do way too much to win. That fanatic lust for victories is what created the demand for more and more strict rules and rigid regulations of everything that eventually killed the fun. What you have to get is that there has to be a gentleman's atmosphere for this sort of thing if it is to be enjoyable.

I think you made the right decision John and I wish you luck with your real life.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 10:46:51 AM »

I think that perhaps, if the whole thing was reduced to its original form, that is a simple fantasy election held at times people might not get so power-hungry and the whole thing might then be more fun.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies