My retirement from Fantasy Politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:42:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My retirement from Fantasy Politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My retirement from Fantasy Politics  (Read 7444 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: February 19, 2006, 12:18:37 AM »

Right now, Q is essentially attempting to rig the election.  Through his control of the election machinery, he is systematically disenfrachising voters.  He has already attempted to disenfranchise Kevin and dazzelman under the grounds that they did not list a President and Vice President.  WMS has told me he now plots to disenfranchise Everett, on the grounds that her re-registration not only prohibits her from voting in the Pacific Senate election, but also prohibits her from voting in the Presidential election.  These are ridiculous, unconstitutional actions that violate the fundamental right that underlies everything else that goes on here: The right to vote.

Err, that wasn't quite what I meant, John. I was just reporting an ongoing situation. That said, I'm still fighting on behalf of Everett, and have discovered something I'll report in a second. Also, if Everett is disqualified from voting at all...then I might just well quit as well. Same reasons.

I do feel bad for Supersoulty and WMS, who I have already informed of this, and who I think will be greatly saddenned.  The Three Amigos have ridden for ther last time.  But we won the day, and we showed we were the choice of the people.

Yes to the deep saddening. Sad But damn good times. Cool
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 12:21:52 AM »

Right now, Q is essentially attempting to rig the election.  Through his control of the election machinery, he is systematically disenfrachising voters.  He has already attempted to disenfranchise Kevin and dazzelman under the grounds that they did not list a President and Vice President.  WMS has told me he now plots to disenfranchise Everett, on the grounds that her re-registration not only prohibits her from voting in the Pacific Senate election, but also prohibits her from voting in the Presidential election.  These are ridiculous, unconstitutional actions that violate the fundamental right that underlies everything else that goes on here: The right to vote.

Err, that wasn't quite what I meant, John.

I was about to say.  I spoke to Q briefly regarding the situation, and he seemed to say that he hadn't reached a decision yet.

Where does he disappear to, anyway? He goes off the Forum every time after I send him a PM reply. Huh
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 12:27:55 AM »

Err, that wasn't quite what I meant, John.

I was about to say.  I spoke to Q briefly regarding the situation, and he seemed to say that he hadn't reached a decision yet.

Where does he disappear to, anyway? He goes off the Forum every time after I send him a PM reply. Huh

He may be accessing the forum on a public or shared computer.  I log off when I'm done browsing the forum as well, even though I don't need to - just out of habit.

Eh, OK. I've spent quite a while waiting for the verdict. Tongue
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 01:05:14 AM »

I said Everett should still be able to vote for Senate in the Mideast.

A point in your favor. Smiley But the Everett situation is more serious than that, Jesus. If Q doesn't tell ya, I will, later.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 12:07:39 PM »

Well John... I can't say I'm suprised at this (as you know)... but... it's still sad that things have come to this (although I would have done the same if I were in your situation).

Frankly it may be time to put this thing down and start afresh...

I agree. The system has to be 'gutted.' It is too overcomplicated for those in the system never mind potential newbies. Government has to be streamlined (too many office holders in relation to voters in my opinion) and likewise with legislation.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When this ceased to be a fun election simulation and turned into a tedious government simulation, things plummeted dowhill. IMHO.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies