My retirement from Fantasy Politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:31:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My retirement from Fantasy Politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My retirement from Fantasy Politics  (Read 7400 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: February 19, 2006, 12:17:30 AM »

This looks like a campaign ploy to hand the election to Ilikeverin.  I kid you not.

Right now, Q is essentially attempting to rig the election.  Through his control of the election machinery, he is systematically disenfrachising voters.  He has already attempted to disenfranchise Kevin and dazzelman under the grounds that they did not list a President and Vice President.

The ballot directions stated to list a Vice President, whether that's right or not is up for debate, but you're saying he's trying to rig the results?

Ebowed and Q will not stop until they win the election

Uh, no.  I basically sat around for the first day wondering why I was losing so badly.

I am also disgusted with the lack of seriousness by some voters.  Flyers and Jesus are inferior to their opponents in every measurable way, yet so many voters are so unserious that they have actually chosen to cast ballots for these people!

Did you not PM Flyers asking for his vote for President?  And then you diss him like this?  YOU HAVE NO MORALS.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 12:19:18 AM »

Right now, Q is essentially attempting to rig the election.  Through his control of the election machinery, he is systematically disenfrachising voters.  He has already attempted to disenfranchise Kevin and dazzelman under the grounds that they did not list a President and Vice President.  WMS has told me he now plots to disenfranchise Everett, on the grounds that her re-registration not only prohibits her from voting in the Pacific Senate election, but also prohibits her from voting in the Presidential election.  These are ridiculous, unconstitutional actions that violate the fundamental right that underlies everything else that goes on here: The right to vote.

Err, that wasn't quite what I meant, John.

I was about to say.  I spoke to Q briefly regarding the situation, and he seemed to say that he hadn't reached a decision yet.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 12:22:58 AM »

Right now, Q is essentially attempting to rig the election.  Through his control of the election machinery, he is systematically disenfrachising voters.  He has already attempted to disenfranchise Kevin and dazzelman under the grounds that they did not list a President and Vice President.  WMS has told me he now plots to disenfranchise Everett, on the grounds that her re-registration not only prohibits her from voting in the Pacific Senate election, but also prohibits her from voting in the Presidential election.  These are ridiculous, unconstitutional actions that violate the fundamental right that underlies everything else that goes on here: The right to vote.

Err, that wasn't quite what I meant, John.

I was about to say.  I spoke to Q briefly regarding the situation, and he seemed to say that he hadn't reached a decision yet.

Where does he disappear to, anyway? He goes off the Forum every time after I send him a PM reply. Huh

He may be accessing the forum on a public or shared computer.  I log off when I'm done browsing the forum as well, even though I don't need to - just out of habit.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 01:06:48 AM »

PMing is not immoral.  It's a campaign for crying out loud.

You couldn't bother to check whether or not all of the people you were PM'ing were legally active?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 01:26:02 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2006, 01:28:34 AM by Porce »

PMing is not immoral.  It's a campaign for crying out loud.

You couldn't bother to check whether or not all of the people you were PM'ing were legally active?

Some of these PMs were sent out long long before the election, when there was plenty of time ot get to 25 posts.

I'm talking about ones you sent the day before voting started, etc.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 02:01:12 AM »

Oh, boy. I think this thread needs to head for the goldmine.

Yes, its amusing from beginning to end.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 05:48:15 AM »

dispense with the Federal Activity requirement

Nah.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 06:03:05 AM »

It's coercive. Registered members should be free to chose whether they serve an active or passive role. Furthermore, from the point of view as a pragmatist, it would keep things simple or, at least, less complicated

Dave

If a registered member can't be bothered to post 25 times (throughout the entire forum) 8 weeks before an election, you have to wonder whether they're choosing whether or not to "serve" an active or passive role, or if they're just inactive.

The activity requirement hardly has anything to do with elections being complicated, anyway.  It's one of the easier requirements to fill.  Nor does pragmatism have anything to do with this.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 04:10:57 PM »

We need less people like Ebowed and his ilk who institute new rules to hold on to their seats of power.

LOL, still being an idiot I see.

The only "new rule" I ever instituted was a constitutional amendment to make it easier for newbies to register (lowering the post requirement from 50 to 25).  That rule may have actually come back to bite me in the ass, although I think people like Buckwheat were disqualified anyway.  But don't mind me; it's painfully clear that you're unable to hold a conversation (unless it's about the good intentions behind slavery).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies