My retirement from Fantasy Politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:13:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My retirement from Fantasy Politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My retirement from Fantasy Politics  (Read 7553 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: February 19, 2006, 12:25:13 AM »
« edited: February 19, 2006, 12:27:51 AM by Senator Colin Wixted »

Well I respect your decision and know what you are going through. While I do not agree with your assumption that just because this isn't real that it means nothing or that it is hurting us for being on here but what I can empatize with is leaving in order to make sure that your real life is in order since that is exactly like I did at the end of last year. When it came down to making a choice my grades junior year were more important than the forum and until I had found ample time to do my work I was able to return since I considered that I could finally have time for both the real and the fantastic.

I do not feel that this board is hurting my life and I believe it only hurts your life, your feelings, and your personality if you let it nor is it any omnipotent force controlling our destinies and our emotions and our feelings. We all have free will, truth be told this forum is nothing more than a communal sharing of knowledge, emotions, interests, and events.

Nor do I think that you should think of some impending demise coming from Flyers or Jesus winning these elections. When I first saw the results when I first checked on Friday I was seriously pissed as MasterJedi can tell you. However I just needed to step back and remember we're in a game, a rather complex realistic game, but a game nonetheless and even if you lose it means nothing more than you try again or you redefine your place in the game.

To you, I say that the real should always take precedent over the realms of fantasy but that people choose, out of their own volition, to come and be a part of this place and if they don't think of it as an evil force, or as a destroyer of lives, then they are completely entitled to that.

Anyway, best of luck to you John its been a pleasure.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies