Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:11:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 149478 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2050 on: May 08, 2020, 09:28:32 AM »

Do we know if this is our Tara Reade? And if so why wasn't this reported by random twitter users? Seems really important.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2051 on: May 08, 2020, 09:34:10 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2020, 10:00:37 AM by pppolitics »

Do we know if this is our Tara Reade? And if so why wasn't this reported by random twitter users? Seems really important.

I mean, how many other Tara Reade(s) were there in San Luis Obispo, CA?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2052 on: May 08, 2020, 09:37:53 AM »

Was she convicted of those charges? Those tweets say charges, not convicted. If she were arrested but not convicted, then it’s hypocrisy to use those charges against her, given the Democrats’s position on criminal justice (especially here in NY).

And even if true, does committing forgery and counterfeiting = no sexual assault?

Whether or not she was convicted is not the point nor do these charges disprove her claim. The question is if this is what she was fired for, because if it is then that would be problematic to her claim that she was fired in retaliation.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2053 on: May 08, 2020, 09:45:57 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2020, 09:49:18 AM by roxas11 »

Was she convicted of those charges? Those tweets say charges, not convicted. If she were arrested but not convicted, then it’s hypocrisy to use those charges against her, given the Democrats’s position on criminal justice (especially here in NY).

And even if true, does committing forgery and counterfeiting = no sexual assault?

Whether or not she was convicted is not the point nor do these charges disprove her claim. The question is if this is what she was fired for, because if it is then that would be problematic to her claim that she was fired in retaliation.

it damages her credibility since this is is yet another radical change to her original story

she said she was fired by biden and she being retaliated against
she never brought up committing forgery and counterfeiting

and the 1996 documents shows that she was never fired at all and left of her own free will

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2054 on: May 08, 2020, 09:56:41 AM »

I think most people in the media know and believe this is very likely to be a false allegation, but they're absolutely terrified to say so, because if this did end up being true, any journalist who said otherwise would get eviscerated and blackballed for life. That Vox writer really went out on a limb to basically say she didn't believe Reade, even though she gave a lot of evidence.

Something needs to be changed about that. Well researched, good faith skepticism that's not based on a knee jerk reaction should not be condemned.

Might be why many outlets (TV wise) are not really covering it that much. I mean, there's a LOT of other more important news, but even the Megyn Kelly interview, which was her first "official" on-air interview, got no buzz today
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #2055 on: May 08, 2020, 09:57:20 AM »

I mean, how many other Tara Reade(s) were there be in San Luis Obispo, CA?

You're right, and if true this might be the one thing to exonerate him. Which is why I'm perplexed that this isn't being reported anywhere. A Google search of "Tara Reade counterfeit" provided nothing.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2056 on: May 08, 2020, 10:01:00 AM »

I was skeptical but the timing of that case does line up...

August 2- Case filed

August 6- Reade fired/dismissed

August 11- Larry King Call
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2057 on: May 08, 2020, 10:15:05 AM »

August 2- Case filed

It does make sense, but why didn't Kauffman or whoever say so?

Did he forget, or did he think the Twitter mobs would come after him?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2058 on: May 08, 2020, 10:17:36 AM »

August 2- Case filed

It does make sense, but why didn't Kauffman or whoever say so?

Did he forget, or did he think the Twitter mobs would come after him?

The terms of her leaving could be under a confidentiality agreement.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2059 on: May 08, 2020, 10:49:46 AM »

Do you think her family knew she had committed fraud?

What are the odds she committed a crime, got caught and was fired, and didn't want to tell her family the real reason she was fired.  So instead made up some sob story about how it was everyone else's fault, they were all out to get her, the staff were totally unfair and it was just a horrible experience. 

When I was 16 I got fired from an hourly job because I kept checking my phone when the store was empty.  The owner thought I should be spending that time cleaning and organizing.  The store was already clean and organized!  It's not like the place got trashed from the four people who came in since the last time I cleaned it.  Dude just had a power trip.

I knew my mother would take his side though.  She would see it as a "learning experience" and spend the next year trying to help me keep my next job by lecturing me about being lazy and phone-addicted.  I wasn't gonna let that happen.  So I lied, told a story about a belligerent co-worker who liked to verbally abuse people, I was the only one who had the balls to complain to the owner, but it turned out the two were best friends and quickly found an excuse to get rid of me.

I feel like this isn't an atypical experience.  After you lose your job for something you did, you feel immense loss and shame, even if it wasn't fair.  Especially if it's a gig like working in Biden's office.  Tara simply wasn't ready to accept that she deserved to be fired and needed to change who she was.  Perhaps she's never accepted that, since she's still committing fraud to this very day.
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #2060 on: May 08, 2020, 11:13:56 AM »

He says she was visibly shaken by what happened... why? I don’t believe she was actually raped but so much is confusing me..
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2061 on: May 08, 2020, 11:59:16 AM »

Do you think her family knew she had committed fraud?

What are the odds she committed a crime, got caught and was fired, and didn't want to tell her family the real reason she was fired.  So instead made up some sob story about how it was everyone else's fault, they were all out to get her, the staff were totally unfair and it was just a horrible experience. 

When I was 16 I got fired from an hourly job because I kept checking my phone when the store was empty.  The owner thought I should be spending that time cleaning and organizing.  The store was already clean and organized!  It's not like the place got trashed from the four people who came in since the last time I cleaned it.  Dude just had a power trip.

I knew my mother would take his side though.  She would see it as a "learning experience" and spend the next year trying to help me keep my next job by lecturing me about being lazy and phone-addicted.  I wasn't gonna let that happen.  So I lied, told a story about a belligerent co-worker who liked to verbally abuse people, I was the only one who had the balls to complain to the owner, but it turned out the two were best friends and quickly found an excuse to get rid of me.

I feel like this isn't an atypical experience.  After you lose your job for something you did, you feel immense loss and shame, even if it wasn't fair.  Especially if it's a gig like working in Biden's office.  Tara simply wasn't ready to accept that she deserved to be fired and needed to change who she was.  Perhaps she's never accepted that, since she's still committing fraud to this very day.

Just because you lie to your family doesn't mean everyone else does.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2062 on: May 08, 2020, 12:10:29 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2020, 12:15:06 PM by pppolitics »

What really bothers me about this case is that all the "evidences" depend on Reade being truthful in the first place.

She could have lied to her husband, family, friends, neighbors etc. and even if they truthfully collaboration her story, it doesn't mean that her story was true in the first place.

So, it all comes down to her character and Reade is one hell of a character.

She has a long history of lying and grifting.

With Blasey Ford, she at least has a good character to lean upon.

With Reade, she doesn't even have that.

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2063 on: May 08, 2020, 12:20:38 PM »

^ This is the sort of suppositional thinking that people engage in only on a rainy day, while they're sipping tea in their bedroom, with nothing else to do.

1- supposition that she committed the crime as opposed to just getting arrested
2 - supposition that she "got caught" at her job and fired in direct consequence
3- supposition that she didn't want to tell her family (like what do we know about her family?)
4- supposition that she made up a sob story not just about sexual harassment but broadly about how it was "everyone's fault, they were all out to get her, staff was totally unfair, just a horrible
experience'

That's a fair point, but even you will surely admit this story is full of so many red flags.

If she was fired for fraud, it doesn't necessarily exonerate Biden from rape, but it would mean that all 4 of the stories she's told about why she left are lies.

Why would anyone believe someone who's provided no evidence, been caught lying/changing her story multiple times about huge relevant details, doesn't hide her ulterior motive, and whose story requires us to also believe in a vast bipartisan conspiracy on Capitol Hill to keep the story quiet for decades?

I'm pro #MeToo. I believe women. But at some point you've got to ignore biases and preferences and just look at facts. Reade's story (referring to the 2020 one about rape) just doesn't hold up to a even a small amount of scrutiny. There's too many unbelievable aspects to ignore. Too many red flags, any one of which might be excused, but when taken collectively shred her credibility.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2064 on: May 08, 2020, 12:24:41 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2020, 12:32:25 PM by 2,868,691 »

What really bothers me about this case is that all the "evidences" depend on Reade being truthful in the first place.

She could have lied to her husband, family, friends, neighbors etc. and even if they truthfully collaboration her story, it doesn't mean that her story was true in the first place.

I think what bothers me the most is how the media is so scared of backlash that they overstate the case against Biden and ignore any inconsistencies or unlikelihood in Reade's story.

The husband's story is definitely evidence for the 1993-2017 story, and it may be evidence for the 2019 story (and so what if it is, since Biden has already admitted and apologized for non-sexual hugging), but it is clear evidence AGAINST rape.

The same is true for the Larry King call. And yet the media implies that these are bad for Biden when they're actually two of the most exculpatory pieces of evidence out there.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2065 on: May 08, 2020, 12:29:29 PM »

Reade was fired from (or left) Biden's office after she was charged with Forgery and Counterfeiting.

Is there something here?

You’ll hear none of this being covered by the media.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #2066 on: May 08, 2020, 12:39:55 PM »

If this is true re the forgery, it pretty much kills any credibility she has.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2067 on: May 08, 2020, 12:47:43 PM »

Finally a decent, unbiased headline Tweet from the New York Times. There's a light at the end of the tunnel here.

Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #2068 on: May 08, 2020, 01:19:30 PM »

Where did the fraud thing come from? This could be big.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2069 on: May 08, 2020, 01:26:34 PM »

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2070 on: May 08, 2020, 01:27:24 PM »

What does this has to do with anything?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2071 on: May 08, 2020, 01:27:48 PM »

How is this relevant to the thread?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2072 on: May 08, 2020, 01:29:54 PM »

Hm...it’s not like there is a newsworthy crisis in NY that would elevate and inflate Cuomo’s numbers simply because everyone admires him right now....
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2073 on: May 08, 2020, 01:31:13 PM »

Hot take: if a poll asked Democratic voters to choose between Biden and Obama, Biden would lose in a landslide.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2074 on: May 08, 2020, 01:53:19 PM »

How is this relevant to the thread?
Maybe Reade had some effect on it
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies