Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:46:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 150044 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: May 04, 2020, 11:27:52 AM »

Bidenworld sounding very confident this complaint doesn't exist.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1776 on: May 04, 2020, 11:32:21 AM »

So... essentially all that is left that they could do I believe is that Tara would have to call for the release herself? Which I feel like she won't do, so

Where is the provision that Tara Reade can call for the release?

Also, I think Biden’s people knew the secretary wouldn’t have authority to search the record per their request. Their letter was for publicity.

I mean assuambly, if it's about confidentiality, then that would be confidentiality of the accuser, i.e. Tara Reade. If she waived that, I don't see why they couldn't release. And tbh, I don't think the Biden team knew this - I think they were banking on the Senate secretary looking for something and not coming up with anything, bc it appears it likely doesn't exist. This just extends the story a bit, which I doubt they would want.

Maybe, but it does keep attention off of his records in Delaware. Had the Secretary of the Senate said they couldn't find any complaints, the argument would have become that Biden's hiding them in his personal archives.

Bingo
you tell that they were going to claim that the records were in Delaware if the the Secretary of the Senate said he couldn't find anything.

now they will not be able to use that argument  and Biden is in a much stronger Position on this because he is not the One who is stopping those records from coming out. the GOP controls the senate so it will be very hard to claim they they are trying to protect Biden by refusing to release this.

Biden can now correctly say every time  he is asked about this that he is tried to get those files released and still wants them to released it but the GOP senate is blocking him that from happening.

At this point the Ball is now in Tara court
She is the probably the one who probably could execute an authorization so the complaint can be released.  if for any reason does not want to do that everybody will wonder What is Reade hiding by not authorizing the release? and even if she does that

the damage to her credibility will now be much greater if they do not find anything.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1777 on: May 04, 2020, 11:42:01 AM »

Why do we even care about the complaint any more?

In March, Tara Reade said it was a sexual assault complaint.

Then she changed it to be about sexual harassment.  But we already know that she thinks Biden's touching her shoulder was sexual harassment.

Now she's changed it again and not only is the assault not in the report at all, she doesn't even describe the sexual harassment, just her vague "issues with Biden."

It sounds like even if the report existed it would just be her complaining about Biden touching her shoulder, which we already knew about and Biden already acknowledged and apologized for.

The story we care about is the sexual assault.  Period.  Anything else is immaterial.  If that's not in the complaint, then the complaint is useless (if it even exists).

Furthermore, if the complaint is useless, then Biden doesn't need to open up his University of Delaware archives for you cranks who think he's hiding a Senate personnel complaint in there (and will accuse him of shredding it when you inevitably are wrong).  Why would Biden hide a complaint about him touching Tara Reade's shoulder?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1778 on: May 04, 2020, 11:43:52 AM »

Why do we even care about the complaint any more?

In March, Tara Reade said it was a sexual assault complaint.

Then she changed it to be about sexual harassment.  But we already know that she thinks Biden's touching her shoulder was sexual harassment.

Now she's changed it again and not only is the assault not in the report at all, she doesn't even describe the sexual harassment, just her vague "issues with Biden."

It sounds like even if the report existed it would just be her complaining about Biden touching her shoulder, which we already knew about and Biden already acknowledged and apologized for.

The story we care about is the sexual assault.  Period.  Anything else is immaterial.  If that's not in the complaint, then the complaint is useless (if it even exists).

Furthermore, if the complaint is useless, then Biden doesn't need to open up his University of Delaware archives for you cranks who think he's hiding a Senate personnel complaint in there (and will accuse him of shredding it when you inevitably are wrong).  Why would Biden hide a complaint about him touching Tara Reade's shoulder?
It's about the media narrative. If they can look into these files and confirm the complaint doesn't exist, that will be the end of it in the mind of many voters.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1779 on: May 04, 2020, 11:46:29 AM »

It's about the media narrative. If they can look into these files and confirm the complaint doesn't exist, that will be the end of it in the mind of many voters.

I've said many times on this thread that no complaint of sexual assault exists.  If it did exist, it would have been national news in 1993, and people who worked in Senate personnel would remember it having been made.

Now Tara Reade has confessed as much.

There may be a "complaint" of some form or another, where Reade complains about her superiors not giving her enough work and Biden touching her shoulder.  That would match what her mother complained about on Larry King's show.  But that complaint is entirely irrelevant to the case.

Reade has said herself that her complaint contained zero evidence about Biden's alleged sexual assault.  Therefore its existence is immaterial to the sexual assault case.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1780 on: May 04, 2020, 11:52:01 AM »

I've said many times on this thread that no complaint of sexual assault exists.  If it did exist, it would have been national news in 1993, and people who worked in Senate personnel would remember it having been made.

Now Tara Reade has confessed as much.

There may be a "complaint" of some form or another, where Reade complains about her superiors not giving her enough work and Biden touching her shoulder.  That would match what her mother complained about on Larry King's show.  But that complaint is entirely irrelevant to the case.

Reade has said herself that her complaint contained zero evidence about Biden's alleged sexual assault.  Therefore its existence is immaterial to the sexual assault case.
Obviously, but Biden's camp seems to be pretty confident this complaint doesn't exist at all if their actions are any indication. Once again, it isn't really about the evidence relevant to this case, it's about what the media (and voters) will focus on.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1781 on: May 04, 2020, 12:16:49 PM »

Katie Halper is now on Russia Today

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1782 on: May 04, 2020, 12:18:21 PM »

Agreed - the faster this ends is when reports come out officially that "NO COMPLAINT EXISTS IN THE SENATE RECORDS". When the news covers that, that will be the end for many voters
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1783 on: May 04, 2020, 12:18:54 PM »

This stuff has been blowing up my FB feed the last 48 hrs. I think we on the right are beginning to swarm on the idea of portraying Biden as a "creepy" pervert with dementia. I also get the vibe that the more he hides out, it'll become a Hillary Clinton situation about his "health".

We're really good at branding.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1784 on: May 04, 2020, 12:18:59 PM »

Katie Halper is now on Russia Today

omg these people really can't help themselves by making themselves look as terrible as possible.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1785 on: May 04, 2020, 12:19:41 PM »

This stuff has been blowing up my FB feed the last 48 hrs. I think we on the right are beginning to swarm on the idea of portraying Biden as a "creepy" pervert with dementia. I also get the vibe that the more he hides out, it'll become a Hillary Clinton situation about his "health".

I mean he's still doing numerous video calls and just did an IG live interview the other day with Rapinoe. Can't really use the "hiding" thing when he's literally on video every day
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1786 on: May 04, 2020, 12:25:32 PM »

You're at least a week late on this post Reaganfan. Nobody is taking this allegation seriously anymore.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1787 on: May 04, 2020, 12:27:16 PM »

I mean he's still doing numerous video calls and just did an IG live interview the other day with Rapinoe. Can't really use the "hiding" thing when he's literally on video every day

Are you seriously trying to have an argument with Naso?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1788 on: May 04, 2020, 12:28:10 PM »

concern troll posts like this were in fashion about a week ago my guy
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1789 on: May 04, 2020, 12:34:25 PM »

Of course.  Tara Reade was terrified of Biden after 1991.  That's why she applied to work for him in 1992.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1790 on: May 04, 2020, 12:36:13 PM »

Of course.  Tara Reade was terrified of Biden after 1991.  That's why she applied to work for him in 1992.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1791 on: May 04, 2020, 12:38:34 PM »

Agreed - the faster this ends is when reports come out officially that "NO COMPLAINT EXISTS IN THE SENATE RECORDS". When the news covers that, that will be the end for many voters

The problem is that if Reade is the only one who can authorize the release of a hypothetical complaint, then she'll find some excuse to not authorize its release.  Something like "I'm getting too many death threats."  Then the Bernie+Trump people will get to spent the next 6 months (or 9 years) just making up things that are in this secret report.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1792 on: May 04, 2020, 12:47:22 PM »

I assume it'd just turn into an argument about Biden's Delaware archives if there was no filed complaint in the senate archive. Reade has already hinted that she'd go in this direction.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1793 on: May 04, 2020, 12:49:31 PM »

Hey, remember that 24-hour period where the mainstream media actually did some investigative journalism on this, and found out Reade was "abruptly removed from supervising interns" in April 1993?

Remember when Reade and her true believers said this was evidence, that she was removed as retaliation for reporting Biden?

In her April 6, 2019 Medium post, Tara Reade writes the following:

I went to another Senator’s office for help and met discreetly with the staffer I knew. At the time, I was volunteering for the 25th anniversary of the Robert F Kennedy Memorial at the VIP tent and a staffer for Senator Kennedy tried to step in on my behalf. Then, I went to Senate Personnel for help.

Problem is, the 25th anniversary of the RFK memorial was on June 6, 1993

So Reade places the date for her reporting of the assault sometime after June 6, 1993.  Then in April 1993, she was demoted as retaliation for reporting the assault.  Makes perfect sense, right folks?

This quote also raises all sorts of questions.

Who was the staffer for another senator who tried to help her?  If Tara wants to go back and find people she told about the assault, wouldn't her friend and confidant from 1993 be a more valuable collaborator than her amnesiac neighbor from 1996?

What led a Ted Kennedy staffer to "step in on her behalf"?  What does that even mean? 
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1794 on: May 04, 2020, 12:54:52 PM »

Hey, remember that 24-hour period where the mainstream media actually did some investigative journalism on this, and found out Reade was "abruptly removed from supervising interns" in April 1993?

Remember when Reade and her true believers said this was evidence, that she was removed as retaliation for reporting Biden?

In her April 6, 2019 Medium post, Tara Reade writes the following:

I went to another Senator’s office for help and met discreetly with the staffer I knew. At the time, I was volunteering for the 25th anniversary of the Robert F Kennedy Memorial at the VIP tent and a staffer for Senator Kennedy tried to step in on my behalf. Then, I went to Senate Personnel for help.

Problem is, the 25th anniversary of the RFK memorial was on June 6, 1993

So Reade places the date for her reporting of the assault sometime after June 6, 1993.  Then in April 1993, she was demoted as retaliation for reporting the assault.  Makes perfect sense, right folks?

This quote also raises all sorts of questions.

Who was the staffer for another senator who tried to help her?  If Tara wants to go back and find people she told about the assault, wouldn't her friend and confidant from 1993 be a more valuable collaborator than her amnesiac neighbor from 1996?

What led a Ted Kennedy staffer to "step in on her behalf"?  What does that even mean? 
Is it possible this is the anonymous corroborator?
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1795 on: May 04, 2020, 12:55:25 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2020, 01:01:52 PM by roxas11 »

The problem is that if Reade is the only one who can authorize the release of a hypothetical complaint, then she'll find some excuse to not authorize its release.  Something like "I'm getting too many death threats."  Then the Bernie+Trump people will get to spent the next 6 months (or 9 years) just making up things that are in this secret report.

that is not how I see this playing out at all
the Second Reade refuses to release the complaint

GAME OVER

It does not matter what her excuse is because At the point People will simply write her off and move on.

the reality is Tara is running out of time
I am already starting to get the sense that both people and the media are starting to get tired of this story. its very telling that despite the Big news about the Secretary of the Senate the story is not really trending on twitter at all nor is it the top story on many news websites like it was a few days ago
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1796 on: May 04, 2020, 02:18:44 PM »

OK, the Fox News story is insane for many reasons

-if she was so horrified by Anita Hill's treatment in 1991, why did she go and work for Joe Biden in 1992?
-it claims she "stayed silent" because of Anita Hill's treatment yet she .... didn't stay silent ... because SHE claims (claimed) she wrote a sexual harrasment claim in... 1993
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1797 on: May 04, 2020, 03:26:58 PM »

If Tara Reade refuses to authorize a release then people will assume that no complaint exists. Republicans and Berners can latch onto this story for months but it will remain a Twitterverse story.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1798 on: May 04, 2020, 06:46:56 PM »

If the narrative changes to there not being a complaint at all because she was silenced due to the Anita Hill hearing, then I don't see how this story can maintain its presence in the national news cycle.

...except that Fox News reporter Joseph A. Wulfsohn was the one who came up with that and put it in her mouth

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1799 on: May 04, 2020, 06:48:08 PM »

Does anyone else think it's odd that she keeps giving interviews, too? I'm sure every outlet would want to interview her, but it's like she's relishing in getting so much press. She just did additional CBS News and WSJ interviews over the weekend, too. If your ultimate goal was just to get your story out there, why would you need to talk to every media outlet in town? And if you can talk to every newspaper or website, why can't you go on camera with *Fox* of all places?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies