Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:53:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 149454 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: April 27, 2020, 11:41:06 PM »

Biden’s team should just ignore her. Major networks have already looked into this case and couldn’t find anything. It is currently a non-story for most people and the ones promoting it are never going to support Joe anyway, so there is no point entertaining their bad faith.

ignore the problem doesn't make it go away

remember Hillary's emails BS?

That stuck with Hillary because major networks kept covering it. They are doing the opposite here.

I wonder how much time they would have devoted to Hillary's emails if we were facing a huge pandemic in 2016 with 60,000 dead.

At some point, Biden is going to have to come out of his basement and someone is going to ask him about the allegation.

If we completely shred Reade's credibility, Biden is going to have a much easier time answering the question.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #851 on: April 27, 2020, 11:43:04 PM »

The way the Democrats are treating this allegation vs Ford's is disgusting.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #852 on: April 27, 2020, 11:44:46 PM »

No it's not. Things can be different.

To believe Reade, you have to believe in a vast conspiracy that held together for nearly 3 decades. To believe Ford, you don't have to do any of that.

None of that necessarily proves that Biden or Kavanaugh are guilty or innocent, but it's quite easy for someone who believes Ford to have some doubts about Reade without being a hack.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #853 on: April 27, 2020, 11:45:59 PM »

To believe Reade, you have to believe in a vast conspiracy that held together for nearly 3 decades. To believe Ford, you don't have to do any of that.

None of that necessarily proves that Biden or Kavanaugh are guilty or innocent, but it's quite easy for someone who believes Ford to have some doubts about Reade without being a hack.

A vast conspiracy being held together in Washington is laughable so that's enough
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #854 on: April 27, 2020, 11:50:18 PM »

Biden’s team should just ignore her. Major networks have already looked into this case and couldn’t find anything. It is currently a non-story for most people and the ones promoting it are never going to support Joe anyway, so there is no point entertaining their bad faith.

ignore the problem doesn't make it go away

remember Hillary's emails BS?

That stuck with Hillary because major networks kept covering it. They are doing the opposite here.

Exactly. I feel like if Hillary went on a crusade against the emails story she would have performed even worse.

Clinton had no way out.

The press doesn’t like her, so they were willing to buy into the bad faith. Anti-Biden people are replaying the Clinton playbook, but that isn’t going to work IMO since Biden isn’t someone the press hates.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #855 on: April 27, 2020, 11:50:23 PM »

I don’t think Michelle read the article.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #856 on: April 27, 2020, 11:50:58 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2020, 12:01:24 AM by roxas11 »

agreed and this is an Issue Trump and the GOP can't really effective use against him even if the wanted to. trump bringing up Tara Reade would all but grantee that all the woman who have accused him over the years will all be back on the campaign trail having their voiced heard

Honestly right now what is happening in the US is so much bigger than her

Almost 60 thousands people are dead from this virus and the CBO is saying the economy wont really start to recover until 2021. we heading into some tough times and for many none of this BS will matter when they struggling to survive through this recession  

Biden should 100 be  percent be focused on the economy from now until election day
if want to respond let his surrogates do it    

as for Tara Reade

look this story had 1 big moment and that was during the Larry king tape a few days ago
but after that story simply is not really getting as much attention and this time around It failed to to trend on twitter like it did when larry king interview dropped

Look she should be lucky that she even got this far because  honestly most of her stories that she has old over the years simply do not hold up and even with simply fact checks  her Huge part of her story falls apart
the reality is to keep this going so go to need much stronger evidence because so far what is out simply not going to cut it.  

I will give her week to make something of this and that is being generous  but beyond that if nothing else comes of this or nobody else comes forward with real damming info. people are going to move on and if that happens it will much tougher for her or to GOP to try yo bring the story back around November because for many  it will simply see it as old news that will be overshadowed by their worries about the economy  
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #857 on: April 27, 2020, 11:59:15 PM »

For the record, I'm skeptical of both accusations. But seriously, both accusations are uncorroborated and unproven, and the Democrats are actively sweeping this under the rug, no questions in the media, immediate skepticism. A little over a year ago, they were telling us to believe all women and calling Kavanaugh a rapist immediately. It's so sick. I just think if they claim to have standards, they should stick with them. You know, hear her out. To them, it's clearly an inconvenience because we're in election year. Trump is in no place to use this against Biden, so this is about having integrity and standards, of which they seem to have none.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #858 on: April 28, 2020, 12:08:16 AM »

For the record, I'm skeptical of both accusations. But seriously, both accusations are uncorroborated and unproven, and the Democrats are actively sweeping this under the rug, no questions in the media, immediate skepticism. A little over a year ago, they were telling us to believe all women and calling Kavanaugh a rapist immediately. It's so sick. I just think if they claim to have standards, they should stick with them. You know, hear her out. To them, it's clearly an inconvenience because we're in election year. Trump is in no place to use this against Biden, so this is about having integrity and standards, of which they seem to have none.

Of course there's immediate skepticism when she says she told several Biden staffers at the time but all of them deny it, and she says she made a formal complaint to HR that lots more people would have seen, but nobody has any record of it and nobody has stepped forward to say they remember it. Believing Reade means that there has been a vast bipartisan conspiracy to protect Rapist Joe Biden for decades, and not a single one of them ever flipped or slipped or even just whispered it to the Obama campaign just so they'd know, and every single one of them continue to stay strong after Reade went public.

No one's just dismissing this off hand. We are applying critical thinking to this and concluding that such a vast conspiracy is unlikely. If Reade or anyone else can demonstrate extraordinary evidence that somehow this is all true, we'll change our minds.

Ford's case is totally separate and there's no obligation for anyone of any party to have the same opinion on the two cases in either direction. Ford did not provide any conclusive evidence for her claims, but at least the story is plausible. Reade's isn't, at least from the perspective that the "Deep State" is a silly conspiracy theory for gullible right-wingers.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #859 on: April 28, 2020, 12:16:26 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2020, 12:23:48 AM by roxas11 »

This woman ain't no Christine Blasey Ford and to even compare the 2 is ridiculous.

1 .Fords story Never changed this drastically over the years when it came to Kavanaugh

2. Ford did not spend decades saying that Kavanaugh was as great guy years after he assaulted her

3.  Ford never wrote an article that flat out said that she was never raped by him at all
again in Tara Reade own words

"Bidens actions were NOT “sexualization,” but rather compared his actions toward her as being demeaning and treating her like a “pretty” lamp that is thrown away when it’s too bright. She also claimed that her story was not “a story about sexual misconduct"

Ford never released statement like this when it came to Kavanaugh and frankly had it been Tara Reade who was accusing Kavanaugh instead on Ford in 2018

Both her and Dem's would have deservedly got ripped to pieces
The cross examination of Tara would have been brutal  lol
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #860 on: April 28, 2020, 12:22:09 AM »

Al Franken.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #861 on: April 28, 2020, 01:14:28 AM »

I do not believe the allegation as is should cost biden the nomination, but those of you claiming blasey-ford's case is more credible are incorrect, in my opinion. Here is why:

Credibility means something that has enough details to be believable/possible.

Let's review:

1) We never even got ANY evidence that ford and kavanaugh knew each other. Yet we know for a fact that tara reade knew biden and worked for him.

2) We know that tara reade left/was removed in 1993 from being employed at his office.

3) We know that her mom went on larry king in 1993 and mentioned a problem with a "prominent senator" her daughter was having

4) NOBODY came forward to corroborate Ford. We now have MULTIPLE PEOPLE, including at least 2 democrats, that have corroborated reade.

1) Her bother
    2) An anonymous friend   
    3) Lynda Lacasse: a biden-supporting neighbor who is a retired doctor
    4) Lorraine Sanchez: an aide to a state senator in California where reade worked after leaving biden office

5) and we know her mom called into larry king in 1993 to voice a concern.

You cannot possibly argue it is less credible than ford.

By the way, ford also changed her story multiple times.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #862 on: April 28, 2020, 01:16:30 AM »

Basically, the Republicans and Democrats should get together and agree that Trump, Biden, Kavanaugh and Fairfax should all simultaneously resign. Two for two. That would settle the matters once and for all.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #863 on: April 28, 2020, 01:26:16 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2020, 02:00:16 AM by roxas11 »

I do not believe the allegation as is should cost biden the nomination, but those of you claiming blasey-ford's case is more credible are incorrect, in my opinion. Here is why:

Credibility means something that has enough details to be believable/possible.

Let's review:

1) We never even got ANY evidence that ford and kavanaugh knew each other. Yet we know for a fact that tara reade knew biden and worked for him.

2) We know that tara reade left/was removed in 1993 from being employed at his office.

3) We know that her mom went on larry king in 1993 and mentioned a problem with a "prominent senator" her daughter was having

4) NOBODY came forward to corroborate Ford. We now have MULTIPLE PEOPLE, including at least 2 democrats, that have corroborated reade.

1) Her bother
    2) An anonymous friend  
    3) Lynda Lacasse: a biden-supporting neighbor who is a retired doctor
    4) Lorraine Sanchez: an aide to a state senator in California where reade worked after leaving biden office

5) and we know her mom called into larry king in 1993 to voice a concern.

You cannot possibly argue it is less credible than ford.

By the way, ford also changed her story multiple times.

[/b]
Here is a how her story has evolved since she fist started telling it in 2009

In 2009 she claimed to have left Washington DC for the midwest because her husband Tate, at the time, had received a job offer for a Congressman. She claims to have also received a job offer to work for a Governor’s race in California around the same time period

In 2018  she claimed she left Washington DC because she was sick of American imperialism and because she “loves Russia with all her heart.

In 2019 she claimed she left Washington DC and was forced to resign because some prominent Senator decided that he liked my legs. I was sad and lost and moved on

These are 3 different Version of the same story told by this woman over the years
Again show Me where Ford did anything close to this in 2018
its laughable that somebody who lies and changes her story as much as this woman has is seen as credible to anyone when she herself wrote an article in April 2020 literally saying that Biden never harassed or sexually assaulted her at all

here is another example

In Reade’s April 17, 2019 article for The Union, where she talks about her move to Washington DC to work for Joe Biden, she claimed to have driven across country to get to her destination.
I was beyond excited, I packed up my Nissan and cats, told my boyfriend goodbye and headed alone on the cross country drive to Washington D.C.

In 2009, however, the story was different. This time she arrived in DC on an airplane.
As the plane descended into Washington D. C., my Siamese cat, Cleo, meowed loudly from under my seat. Cleo had been through all my many moves, men, and a couple of Los Angeles earthquakes. As the lights of Washington D.C. reflected through the plane’s windows, the excitement of my new job as a Senate staffer lay ahead of me.

again show Me where ford story has changed as much as this over the years
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #864 on: April 28, 2020, 02:30:17 AM »

Marty is lying.  Lorraine Sanchez did not corroborate that Biden raped Reade.  She only corroborated the shoulder touching that nobody is denying.  Similarly, her mother did not say that Tara was raped by Biden.  On the contrary her phone conversation transcript strongly implies that didn't happen.

As for her brother, he changed his story.  He is not credible.  The source that refuses to go on record is also, as a result, not credible.

I don't recall the details of the Kavanaugh case well but I'm pretty sure nobody questioned that they know each other.  They hung out in the same social circles and shared many friends.  Didn't Ford's friend give conservatives ammunition by saying she remembered the party with Kavanaugh and Ford but didn't remember her getting raped upstairs?

Also saying that nobody corroborated Ford is a lie.  She had several people claim she had told them this story before the nomination.  If you are calling this Reade nonsense "corroboration" you have to call the Ford one corroboration as well.  Personally I don't find either particularly useful as if the accuser is lying to the public she could also have lied to her friends or gotten her friends to lie for her.

Ford gave a lot of specific details that could have resulted in a more concrete conviction had there been a proper investigation.  We were denied that investigation.  Meanwhile Kavanaugh made a lot of very strong statements to the contrary that could have been easily proven or disproven... with a proper investigation.  With Reade, all the concrete details she's given us have either turned out to be lies or flatly contradicted by witnesses.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #865 on: April 28, 2020, 05:13:50 AM »

It's really annoying and sad that lefties on Twitter, and journalists too, are jumping right to say these are "credible allegations" (like an article Jon Favreau RT'ed - shame on him), or that woman who you just posted in this thread who is saying things like the neighbor are "damning corroborating evidence."

The problem I have is that a lot of these pieces are acting like Tara Reade is just some normal woman on the street who does not have a checkered past, who does not have possible motives, and who hasn't changed her story numerous times. Not to mention, her story continues to NOT add up, and even the neighbor and the Larry King video do not corroborate anything involving her 2020 version of the story.

Let alone, like others have said, there is no way this story, or even a tiny smell of it would've passed Obama's teams vetting in 2008. There's just no way. There would've at least been a little trickle of something. But in the nearly 30 years that have passed, where Biden's life has been on display and vetted numerous times, and nothing about this accusation came out?

The thing with Kavanaugh is that as soon as he was vetted and in the public life, Ford came out. Which makes sense, because he was new to the national scene and as soon as he was, Ford decided she had to stand up. Biden has been on the national scene for 50 years. 30 years since this allegation. And yet, not just from Reade, but if this happened basically out in the open, there would've been someone else who would've known something and it would've absolutely somehow come out since.

Either way, though, Biden will eventually be asked about it. There's no stopping that, so they should figure out how they're going to do that.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #866 on: April 28, 2020, 05:18:34 AM »

I understand victims handle things in different ways but this is just... so strange.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #867 on: April 28, 2020, 05:33:12 AM »

Why is she doing interviews with The Daily Caller?

Ocasio-Cortez was also among the first politicians to suggest that Reade’s claims were “legitimate to talk about” and deserved further investigation, for which Reade thanked her on Twitter. But since Ocasio-Cortez has indicated that she intends to vote for Biden, Reade has told the conservative website the Daily Caller how disappointed she is that AOC has chosen to “toe the line,” and on Sunday she tweeted, “Those who remain silent are complicit to rape” and tagged Stacey Abrams, Kamala Harris, Tulsi Gabbard, Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar, Michelle Obama, Barack Obama, and Ocasio-Cortez; it was retweeted 6,000 times.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #868 on: April 28, 2020, 05:36:45 AM »

Ocasio-Cortez was also among the first politicians to suggest that Reade’s claims were “legitimate to talk about” and deserved further investigation, for which Reade thanked her on Twitter. But since Ocasio-Cortez has indicated that she intends to vote for Biden, Reade has told the conservative website the Daily Caller how disappointed she is that AOC has chosen to “toe the line,” and on Sunday she tweeted, “Those who remain silent are complicit to rape” and tagged Stacey Abrams, Kamala Harris, Tulsi Gabbard, Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar, Michelle Obama, Barack Obama, and Ocasio-Cortez; it was retweeted 6,000 times.

...because, she is Bernie or Bust
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #869 on: April 28, 2020, 06:03:24 AM »

I don't want to give the Business Insider any clicks - did the article bring up Reade's checkered past? I just find it troubling that many are giving her a pass and not at the same time bringing up her questionable actions over the last two decades. Not to discredit her, but just to provide context and not act like she is 100% legitimate.

Christine Blasey Ford appeared sincere. She appeared legitimate. She was not tweeting crazy things, she was not doing interviews with Right-wing outlets. She had her story, she took it to her congress person, and that was that.

Reade is handling this very differently, which, deserves to be scrutinized. Yet some in the media want to paint her as just as legitimate as Ford was.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #870 on: April 28, 2020, 06:10:43 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2020, 06:41:12 AM by wbrocks67 »

Was this posted?

https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstein/biden-accuser-tara-reade-allegedly-stole-from-a-non-profit-organization-e276cac68a2b

Meanwhile, this article equally shows how messy and all over the place Reade's corroborations have been (her brother had to 'text" the Post afterwards to change his story) while not really providing a lot of context to the length of Reade's differing stories. They don't even mention she changed her story until the *end* of the story

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/developments-in-allegations-against-biden-amplify-efforts-to-question-his-behavior/2020/04/27/88869bc2-88be-11ea-9dfd-990f9dcc71fc_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
roxas11
United States

« Reply #871 on: April 28, 2020, 06:48:29 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2020, 06:52:03 AM by roxas11 »

...because, she is Bernie or Bust

First off her doing an interview with the daily caller is not a smart move on her part at all
she is politicizing herself and is making her accusing come off as nothing more than a right-wing attack against Biden.

Imagine if Ford had went to MSNBC to give an exclusive interview to them about kavanagh
the GOP would have use that to tear her to pieces during the trial

Secondly
So she attacks dems for remaining silent and complicit in her rape
Yet she is giving an interview to the same people who have attacked woman who have accused trump himself of rape. The daily caller defended Roy Moore who was accused of going after young under age girls.

yet she has nothing to say about any of that

So wants the Dems to care about what she says happened to her in the 90a while ignoring all of this

as long she herself remains silent about trying to help reelect the guy who did this
then Im not buying the BS that she and the Daily caller are selling
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #872 on: April 28, 2020, 07:21:07 AM »

Again, I don't think that's right because Reade is alleging she told so many people, all of whom covered it up for decades.

Believing that Biden staffers and people in the Senate Personnel Office (remember, it's unlikely that everyone involved was a Democrat in 1993, much less 2020, and even less likely that they're all Biden diehards) totally covered up this story back then and kept it getting out at all for 27 years is just too much for me.

Maybe I could believe it about someone who never ran for president and never was subject to primary opposition research, or someone who never was considered for VP and never subject to vetting, or who was never selected as VP and never subject to more opposition research, or who never served as VP for 8 years and had every right-wing media source digging deep with the dreams of taking down someone so high up in the Obama Administration. The idea that the conspiracy lasted for 27 years without a single leak, despite so many chances for it to happen is just not something I can believe without a mountain of evidence detailing exactly how it happened.

People are free to believe or disbelieve Ford all they want, regardless of how they feel about Reade, but believing Ford does not require believing in such a far-fetched, decade-spanning, bipartisan, leak-proof conspiracy. That makes Ford's story more credible by default because it at least passes a basic plausibility test before we start digging into details.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #873 on: April 28, 2020, 08:44:47 AM »

Again, I don't think that's right because Reade is alleging she told so many people, all of whom covered it up for decades.

Believing that Biden staffers and people in the Senate Personnel Office (remember, it's unlikely that everyone involved was a Democrat in 1993, much less 2020, and even less likely that they're all Biden diehards) totally covered up this story back then and kept it getting out at all for 27 years is just too much for me.

Maybe I could believe it about someone who never ran for president and never was subject to primary opposition research, or someone who never was considered for VP and never subject to vetting, or who was never selected as VP and never subject to more opposition research, or who never served as VP for 8 years and had every right-wing media source digging deep with the dreams of taking down someone so high up in the Obama Administration. The idea that the conspiracy lasted for 27 years without a single leak, despite so many chances for it to happen is just not something I can believe without a mountain of evidence detailing exactly how it happened.

People are free to believe or disbelieve Ford all they want, regardless of how they feel about Reade, but believing Ford does not require believing in such a far-fetched, decade-spanning, bipartisan, leak-proof conspiracy. That makes Ford's story more credible by default because it at least passes a basic plausibility test before we start digging into details.

The obvious explanation is that she was telling the less severe story and the staffers thought that Biden being handsy was so common that they didn't even register it. It doesn't require a vast conspiracy (though I wouldn't be surprised if a few Biden staffers really were keeping quiet for their career prospects), just bad memory combined with self interest.

It's pretty hilarious to see Democrats resort to the worst of "she changed her story so she's a lying whore", as if rape survivors don't test the waters with less severe accusations. The neighbour's testimony alone blows up most of the theories that this is some short term con and is more evidence than Ford ever had.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #874 on: April 28, 2020, 08:56:57 AM »

While I'm not sure what to make of Reade's claims-at least not yet-it still disturbs me how so many people on here, who firmly believed in Christine Blasey Ford, denounced Brett Kavanaugh as a rapist and serial sexual harasser, and who condemned those that did not believe in Ford's claims, are now defending Biden. Wasn't the mantra of the #MeToo movement to "Believe All Women"? I am even more disgusted by how some on here want to destroy this particular accuser, whereas if anyone had dared suggest the same about Ford, they would have been shouted down and called a "horrible" human being. It's unfortunate that partisan lenses (and yes, I'm reverting back to my "fake moderate" persona, if you can call it that), seem to color sexual assault allegations in general.

I'm someone who believes the allegations against Trump, and I'm someone who would not have voted to confirm Kavanaugh had I been in the Senate. I'm also someone who doesn't think that this particular allegation should be swept under the rug.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies