Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:08:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 146845 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2350 on: May 19, 2020, 07:10:30 PM »
« edited: May 19, 2020, 07:15:53 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

We now have all the following stories given by Tara herself for why she left the Biden gig:

• Fired as a medical discrimination thing for an unknown disease (reason given by Tara in mid-90s)
  • Left to follow her boyfriend to work on a job in a different state (reason given by Tara in 2009)
  • Quit in protest of American imperialism and xenophobia (reason given by Tara in 2018)
  • Left voluntarily to get away from sexual harassment (reason given by Tara in first version of 2019 story)
  • "Forced out" by staff bullying over her refusal to serve drinks at an event (later versions of 2019 story)
  • Fired (in April) as retaliation for filing a complaint (in June) (Tara's 2020 story version 1)
  • Personally fired by an angry Joe Biden (Tara's 2020 story version 2)

Meanwhile, here is what we actually know from people who remember her:
  • Tara refused to follow office dress code and was given multiple warnings
  • Tara committed infractions that led to two pay reductions in January/February
  • Tara was a poor performer and could not even handle constituent mail response
  • Tara committed check fraud, a serious liability in a government position, 4 days before her firing
  • Tara herself bragged on Twitter about picking fights with her supervisors over intern hiring practices

It's almost certain that Tara was either fired, or resigned to avoid an imminent firing, due to some combination of insubordination, non-compliance, poor performance and criminal behavior.  Based on how long she stayed on the job after having her pay docked twice it seems like she was given a lot of second chances.  After leaving the job a failure, she couldn't handle telling people the truth, especially since she liked to brag about having the job.  So she told a garden variety of different stories over the years, all portraying herself as the innocent victim of circumstances or unfair behavior by more powerful people.  The first person she lied to was her mother, who promptly called Larry King to repeat those lies on national television.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2351 on: May 19, 2020, 07:13:35 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2020, 07:21:11 PM by roxas11 »

I just say that older voters whom arent in these online polls but in the Emerson, Rassy and Harris X polls may at the end go for Trump due to the Reade allegations. That are in states like FL.

That's why Hilary ended up losing, after the early vote was counted, same day voting went overwhelmingly to Trump. That's why MSN poll showing Biden leading in WVA was funny, and I made a quick jump on that poll.

In 1980 Reagan asked this famous question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EvFQLhqWPQ

On election day 2020 if the american people answer NO
all the Tara reade allegations in the world is not going to Save trump lol

Sorry Cory Booker but by the end of the day.....

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2352 on: May 19, 2020, 10:57:58 PM »

Did she really thought nobody would notice that she lied about her education?

Reade told CNN that she received a bachelor of arts degree from Antioch University in Seattle under the auspices of a "protected program," personally working with the former president of the school to ensure her identity was protected while she obtained credits for her degree. She also said that she was a visiting professor at the school, on and off for five years.

Presented with this, Karen Hamilton, an Antioch University spokesperson, told CNN that "Alexandra McCabe attended but did not graduate from Antioch University. She was never a faculty member. She did provide several hours of administrative work."

An Antioch University official told CNN that such a "protected program" does not exist and never has.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2353 on: May 19, 2020, 11:26:38 PM »

Reade told CNN that she received a bachelor of arts degree from Antioch University in Seattle under the auspices of a "protected program," personally working with the former president of the school to ensure her identity was protected while she obtained credits for her degree. She also said that she was a visiting professor at the school, on and off for five years.

Presented with this, Karen Hamilton, an Antioch University spokesperson, told CNN that "Alexandra McCabe attended but did not graduate from Antioch University. She was never a faculty member. She did provide several hours of administrative work."

An Antioch University official told CNN that such a "protected program" does not exist and never has.

Honestly, what does this woman not lie about?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2354 on: May 20, 2020, 02:12:56 AM »

Tara Reade is clearly a compulsive liar.

Honestly, you almost wish that republicans would start investigations on this because having her testify under oath would be something else...Like Trump, she would probably be incapable of not perjuring herself.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2355 on: May 20, 2020, 10:46:56 AM »

At this point I just feel bad for her. She clearly has mental problems, and needs to get some help.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2356 on: May 21, 2020, 07:27:30 PM »

Biden accuser Tara Reade (aka Alexandra McCabe) appears to have lied under oath about her educational background as an expert witness. Defense lawyers seek to get convictions overturned in cases where she testified. (Story via
@maryrduan
)

https://www.montereycountyweekly.com/blogs/news_blog/convictions-could-be-challenged-as-defense-attorneys-question-tara-reade-s-credentials/article_89c8bfcc-9bb2-11ea-826b-7776b2cd779e.html

People should lose their jobs over this.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2357 on: May 21, 2020, 07:49:45 PM »

Biden accuser Tara Reade (aka Alexandra McCabe) appears to have lied under oath about her educational background as an expert witness. Defense lawyers seek to get convictions overturned in cases where she testified. (Story via
@maryrduan
)

https://www.montereycountyweekly.com/blogs/news_blog/convictions-could-be-challenged-as-defense-attorneys-question-tara-reade-s-credentials/article_89c8bfcc-9bb2-11ea-826b-7776b2cd779e.html

This sounds horrible
I held off from saying it but I now believe this case will end of doing A lot of Damage to the Me Too movement and The credibility of many of the left who pushed this story will forever be tainted by this.

If this leads to overturning convictions, then either innocent people went to prison partly because of her, or people who were in fact guilty are now getting off the hook because of her. Just sh**tty all around.

This now goes far beyond Biden
her actions could lead to to lot of real abusers convictions being overturned
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2358 on: May 21, 2020, 07:56:05 PM »

Ugh.

First off, the media owes Biden a YUGE apology.

Secondly, this woman has hurt Me Too long term.

And perjury is no joke. Wow.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #2359 on: May 21, 2020, 08:42:48 PM »

@maryrduan
)

This sounds horrible
I held off from saying it but I now believe this case will end of doing A lot of Damage to the Me Too movement and The credibility of many of the left who pushed this story will forever be tainted by this.

If this leads to overturning convictions, then either innocent people went to prison partly because of her, or people who were in fact guilty are now getting off the hook because of her. Just sh**tty all around.

This now goes far beyond Biden
her actions could lead to to lot of real abusers convictions being overturned

I think Nathan Robinson (Current Affairs; dresses like plantation owner) deleted all of his Tara Reade tweets.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2360 on: May 21, 2020, 09:11:11 PM »

I think Nathan Robinson (Current Affairs; dresses like plantation owner) deleted all of his Tara Reade tweets.

Ryan Grim hasn't tweeted about her in like 10 days
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2361 on: May 21, 2020, 09:19:56 PM »

The only person who is actively trying to keep this story afloat is Glenn Greenwald... so we can safely assume it's dead.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2362 on: May 21, 2020, 09:30:13 PM »

The only person who is actively trying to keep this story afloat is Glenn Greenwald... so we can safely assume it's dead.

We'll see about that.

Democrats should still have a well-baked bullpen should anything happen to Biden
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2363 on: May 21, 2020, 09:38:01 PM »

Did he really?  What an absolute dirtbag.  After screaming about it at the top of his lungs for weeks, coaching Tara Reade, coaching witnesses, attacking anyone who criticized the story, and pontificating endlessly on Twitter about how Bernie was the only hope for the left and Biden needed to drop out and the Democratic Party needed to die.  Now he wants to just wash his hands of this entire mess he created.

Honestly this is worse than anything Fox News or Breitbart has ever done.  Here you have a so-called "journalist" literally calling people and telling them what to say so he can write a story about it.  He basically invented his own story, and then lied to everyone so they'd take it seriously.  It worked and he smeared the reputation of the Democratic candidate for president, likely aiding Trump's chances of re-election.  When the story inevitably unravels under scrutiny, he's such a coward that he deletes all his tweets?

Leftists, is this your champion?

This guy deserves to be sued into oblivion.  Run out of the industry.  He should be the absolute laughingstock of everywhere he goes.

Remember folks... when you see Current Affairs... this is who you're dealing with.  That's Nathan Robinson's publication.  Treat it accordingly.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2364 on: May 21, 2020, 09:45:40 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/21/us/politics/tara-reade-credentials.html?referringSource=articleShare

Ugh. This honestly makes me so sad.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2365 on: May 21, 2020, 10:04:19 PM »

Wow.  The hits just keep coming for this story.

Tara Reade lied, under oath, about
A) her position in Biden's office
B) her credentials
by lying, she was able to gain credibility as an expert witness, and bring about guilty convictions.

There are people sitting in prison right now because Tara Reade lied, under oath, in court, to send them there.

And the cases are going to be re-opened.

Tara is making things worse on Twitter by posting her Seattle University diploma and pretending this "proves" she didn't lie about her credentials.  Except this is just another lie.  The credentials in question are her Antioch University diploma.  Antioch claims she never graduated and has been lying about it ever since.  By posting the wrong diploma she is essentially admitting that she doesn't have the right diploma (or she would have posted that).

There are now three separate avenues by which Tara Reade may end up in jail at the end of this:
  • Perjury (repeated counts)
  • Fraud (Lynn Hummer)
  • Slander (unlikely, but would be nice if Biden would sue)

I also wouldn't be surprised to see the long list of people she's scammed and defrauded in the past put together a class action lawsuit against her.  Her being a public figure has led them all to connect with each other.
new_patomic

« Reply #2366 on: May 21, 2020, 10:41:58 PM »

"Ms. Reade says she received her degree through the private assistance of the school’s then-president, Tullisse Murdock. She says she never received a diploma or requested one since she was “fast-tracked” to law school.

“The president took it from the registrar and did it herself for complete confidentiality,” she said in an interview."

Yeah... there isn't a single part of this that feels believable.

For her to be telling the truth. The President of the School would have had to go above the Registrar Office's collective head to confer her a degree, apparently for all of 35 credits, and then not even offer to ship her a diploma.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2367 on: May 21, 2020, 10:45:37 PM »

Grain of salt but there was someone on Twitter last Saturday who said that major publications were gonna come out with stories on Reade’s past and how Ryan Grim and Krystal Ball have been coaching her the whole time. Well one half has come down 👀
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2368 on: May 21, 2020, 10:53:28 PM »

Grain of salt but there was someone on Twitter last Saturday who said that major publications were gonna come out with stories on Reade’s past and how Ryan Grim and Krystal Ball have been coaching her the whole time. Well one half has come down 👀

It's obvious that she's been coached by these people (Halper even bragged about "running interference" for her) but I'll be stunned if a mainstream publication actually writes that story
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #2369 on: May 21, 2020, 11:10:48 PM »

The way this woman's position and standing has been obliterated by her accusation, you'd think Joe Biden was Frank Underwood.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2370 on: May 21, 2020, 11:28:35 PM »

The way this woman's position and standing has been obliterated by her accusation, you'd think Joe Biden was Frank Underwood.

Correction

The way this woman's position and standing has been obliterated by her own lies, you'd wonder why some people were naive enough to believe her in the first place

Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #2371 on: May 21, 2020, 11:33:08 PM »

Correction

The way this woman's position and standing has been obliterated by her own lies, you'd wonder why some people were naive enough to believe her in the first place

Politics.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2372 on: May 21, 2020, 11:48:05 PM »

Correction

Some people really, really wanted this to be true. They hate the idea of a Biden presidency THAT much.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2373 on: May 22, 2020, 12:10:23 AM »

I'd been supporting Biden since Harris dropped out, and I was willing to give Reade the benefit of the doubt because I think it's important to believe survivors... but yeah, she has absolutely no credibility and has clearly lied.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #2374 on: May 22, 2020, 12:29:57 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2020, 12:47:47 AM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

I'm not gonna lie, I really don't like how some red avatars here are just trashing Reade like she came up with an entire event to trash Biden. Now, I'm not saying I believe her fully, but there was some evidence at least her 2019 claim was true, which makes sense given Biden's history in the past, but her original claim which does have some information and evidence backing it up was not directly with Biden, but with his office alone. The way some here are treating Reade is the same was that Republicans treated Blasey Ford and I really feel like that goes into slippery slope territory and I'm not really a fan of this.

It seems likely she has been manipulated by some people to continue to push a narrative against Biden and I'm not excusing her actions here at all. I'm just saying it feels like she probably has some issues she needs to take care of and is being manipulated to take them out on Biden.

Now, we can pretty much dismiss her 2020 story as being made up just to smear Biden and that is a serious issue, I'll agree to that, once this settles down then hopefully the Biden camp will expose the people behind this.

Edit: switched names
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies