Political Mini-Game I have a general idea for (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:56:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Political Mini-Game I have a general idea for (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: This Game Idea sounds...
Interesting

Okay

Meh

Bad but not terrible

Unacceptable

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Political Mini-Game I have a general idea for  (Read 52397 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« on: March 24, 2020, 07:10:01 PM »

I want to tank Oregon Blue Dog for making me realize that I haven't exactly stated how primaries work, so I'm going to copy paste what I told them here. Hopefully it helps.

you can do 1 of 3 things : Campaign, have an interview, or gain a local endorsement. Each Player has 6 points a day in the primaries and each activity costs 2 points a day. At the end of each day (8 PM EST), you can feel free to request polling for your primary and even the general election. You'll also get 6 new points, but the activity you used the day before will go up by two points a day each time you use it, so be careful.
Wait, how long is a "day" in primary time? Like, how many days do I need to write a schedule for?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 09:31:44 PM »

Gallagher Campaign Schedule - Part I
To take down Senator Stewiner, any Democratic candidate must build solid campaign infrastructure and unite the party behind them - a goal Gallagher is taking to heart. For the first weeks of campaigning, Gallagher will focus on meeting with Oregon Democratic Party leadership and going to the people for support. Gallagher will make a campaign swing through the hurting Willamette Valley, meeting with farmers and hearing their concerns, as well as visiting Portland's industrial bases and poor workers. He'll also make quick visits to the Oregon Coast, and will also hold large, public rallies in Portland. To gain intraparty support, Gallagher will meet with Oregon's Democratic Party leaders in Salem, and will also reach out to the FDR campaign (eying the general election). Gallagher will campaign on a bold vision to aid poor Oregonians and small businesses, and will also try to tie Senator Stewiner to the losing platform of Herbert Hoover.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 07:17:40 PM »

Day 2 Campaign Schedule
Gallagher continued to employ the tactics he used the previous weeks, by campaign aggressively on foot across Oregon. To fulfill his pledge of visiting all of Oregon's counties, Gallagher embarked on a tour of Southern and Eastern Oregon, both meeting local elites at sit-down dinners and meeting local workers at their farms and businesses. Gallagher's campaign also recieved a major boost with the endorsement of Governor Julius Meier (an independent, ooc: this is the campaign endorsement) at a Salem event, significantly boosting his primary and general election prospects.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 02:48:42 PM »

Gallagher Strategy
Gallagher will continue his strategy of campaigning to the people across the state of Oregon, but will also begin to increase his attacks on Senator Stewier. Knowing that Oregon will likely go for FDR, Gallagher will do his best to tie Stewier to the failed policies of Herbert Hoover in his speeches and rallies, and will also try to circulate material calling Stewier one of Hoover's blindly loyal footsoldiers. He'll contrast that by speaking on his support for FDR and taking decisive action against the economic crisis, and he'll promise as a Senator to fight for this action in Congress. Gallagher will focus campaign efforts on Portland, Eugene, and Salem, though he'll keep feet on the ground in rural areas.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies