America After Trump: An Election Game (interest thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:24:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  America After Trump: An Election Game (interest thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: America After Trump: An Election Game (interest thread)  (Read 8583 times)
jake_arlington

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2020, 02:43:54 PM »

So just lol of course, and but anyhow though. Well, still prefer neutral media personality in conservative Trump, definitely again haha.

I would have to say probably more like de Santis is he does indeed decide to run for re-election to the Senate then. If not, the other Sen. Scott please, lol.
I'll give you DeSantis then.
Did he win re-election in '22?

EDIT: And, if so, by a margin of how much? Thx, lol.

DeSantis defeated a token opponent by a pretty significant margin.

Florida Governor Race, 2022
Governor Ron DeSantis 56%
Fmr. Mayor Phillip Levine 41%
Others 3%

Really then I would just like to take Rich Scott then that if it's at all possible, tyvm!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2020, 03:24:19 PM »

So just lol of course, and but anyhow though. Well, still prefer neutral media personality in conservative Trump, definitely again haha.

I would have to say probably more like de Santis is he does indeed decide to run for re-election to the Senate then. If not, the other Sen. Scott please, lol.
I'll give you DeSantis then.
Did he win re-election in '22?

EDIT: And, if so, by a margin of how much? Thx, lol.

DeSantis defeated a token opponent by a pretty significant margin.

Florida Governor Race, 2022
Governor Ron DeSantis 56%
Fmr. Mayor Phillip Levine 41%
Others 3%

Really then I would just like to take Rich Scott then that if it's at all possible, tyvm!
Okay then.
RGM2609
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2020, 03:54:12 PM »

What are the approvals of Trump (the former president) in the GOP and the Party at large?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2020, 04:15:41 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2020, 05:29:10 PM by terp40hitch »

Fox News Interview with Governor Kristi Noem
May 5th, 2020

Bret Baier: Our next guest on Special Report is Governor of South Dakota, Kristi Noem. Welcome, Governor.

Kristi Noem: Thank you Bret for having me on tonight

Bret Baier: The biggest story of today is the 2020 presidential field as we get geared up for yet another tough fight for the nomination. It is rumored that you will be joining the field, is there any depth to those rumors?

Kristi Noem: I am actually joining you tonight to announce that I will be a candidate for president of the United States of America. You and your viewers are the first to hear and I will be officially announcing my campaign in a week in Sioux Falls in my home state of South Dakota.

Bret Baier: Really big news coming from the Former Congresswoman and first female Governor of South Dakota who will be running for president in a crowded field. Governor, I must ask, why do you want to run for president?

Kristi Noem: My goal as president of the United States is to make our economy, our foreign policy and our family values all stronger. We must have a more hostile approach to China which is something badly missing from this current administration. It is malpractice to just let the Chinese off the hook for one of the biggest disasters of the twenty-first century. After 9/11, we went after the middle east with all we had to make sure it never happened again but after the pandemic and the Biden victory, we saw nothing. As Governor, I saw the disaster and death brought by China and they need to pay which is why we must strengthen our foreign policy approach against China. When we look at family values, we need a president that once again is willing to fight for pro-life, pro-family legislation which I did as both Congresswoman and Governor of South Dakota. Still, the number one reason I decided to run for president was to preserve the American dream. In every other country than America, my story would be unheard of. I was born and raised in rural South Dakota, I was not born rich or famous. I was born to two ranchers. I grew up and took over the ranch and then I became both a Congresswoman and Governor. That is only possible in the United States of America and I will make sure that that holds true for the next generation so they can do better than their parents did if they work hard and buckle down.

Bret Baier: With multiple other big names in the race with others likely to join, do you believe you have a legitimate shot at the presidency?

Kristi Noem: It is clear that this field is very fuild, we aren't dealing with a sitting Vice-President running and we have two frontrunners that will most likely just destroy themselves with nasty attacks. I have won tough races in the past and I will not shy away from another fight just because of long odds. I have a team behind me in early states and across the country that will make sure we are the nominee and the president next November.

Bret Baier: Out of Donald Trump Jr. and Nikki Haley, which do you view as the strong competitor and strong threat?

Kristi Noem: I am not paying attention to my rivals at this time, I am focused on building a base outside of South Dakota for me to stand on. I highly respect Nikki Haley and it was a difficult decision to run if she was running, I am in debt to Mr. Trump Jr. for having supported me in my campaign and it was difficult to decide to run against him too. No matter who the nominee is out of us three, I think this party and nation will be on a better track.

Bret Baier: Thank you for joining us and good luck on the trail.
jake_arlington

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2020, 09:32:06 PM »

On a meta note, surely there will be other candidates though, outside of what is being played by characters on this board?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2020, 09:33:21 PM »

What are the approvals of Trump (the former president) in the GOP and the Party at large?

I'd say around 65% of the GOP approves of Trump with 15% disapproving, and 20% roughly neutral. In terms of GOP party politicians, around 15% are "revisionist" while the remainder is mostly neutralist (about 30% of the total party strongly supports Trumpist policy).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2020, 09:54:52 PM »

Can I take Rand Paul?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2020, 10:13:08 PM »

Granted. Though I should mention the Republican primary is starting to get crowded, while there's only one Dem candidate.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2020, 10:46:11 PM »

Granted. Though I should mention the Republican primary is starting to get crowded, while there's only one Dem candidate.

I can switch over to leading Mayor Pete's transformation into 2024's Beto, if you want.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2020, 10:48:23 PM »

I can switch over to leading Mayor Pete's transformation into 2024's Beto, if you want.
If you'd be willing to do that, I'd appreciate it. Though it's arguable the need is greater for a true progressive candidate anyway.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2020, 10:54:29 PM »

If you'd be willing to do that, I'd appreciate it. Though it's arguable the need is greater for a true progressive candidate anyway.

Let's see...Polis was in the Congressional Progressive Caucus before he became Governor (albeit also the New Democrats). Would he work, since that wouldn't be such a high-profile leftward shift? I really don't want to take one of the main progressive heavy hitters like AOC or Merkley in case I don't have enough spare time.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2020, 10:56:54 PM »

Let's see...Polis was in the Congressional Progressive Caucus before he became Governor (albeit also the New Democrats). Would he work, since that wouldn't be such a high-profile leftward shift? I really don't want to take one of the main progressive heavy hitters like AOC or Merkley in case I don't have enough spare time.
Polis would be solid! Thanks for making the switch!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2020, 10:57:28 PM »

No problem.
RGM2609
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2020, 11:09:05 PM »

I can also switch if you need me too.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2020, 11:12:47 PM »

I can also switch if you need me too.
It's alright for now, assuming some more Dems sign up before game start. Thanks for the offer, though!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2020, 02:29:00 AM »

No problem.

This is the same Governor Polis who is an active user on r/Neoliberal on reddit though
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2020, 09:35:17 AM »

So when do we expect this to start?
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2020, 09:57:09 AM »

Did MJ Hegar win her seat?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2020, 10:04:55 AM »

Also, how do we expect endorsements to work? Like two each turn or is it based on polling?
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2020, 10:17:28 AM »

I'd like to run as Tim Kaine.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2020, 10:18:26 AM »

No problem.

This is the same Governor Polis who is an active user on r/Neoliberal on reddit though

I'll probably go with the narrative that he shifted left on issues to avoid a strong primary challenge in 2022 (given his state went for Bernie in '20 and the majority support for Medicare for All in the primary electorate).
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2020, 12:12:09 PM »

No. Cornyn was re-elected.
Granted!
Also, how do we expect endorsements to work? Like two each turn or is it based on polling?
The first turn will probably be up soon, though I'm still leaving the game open for another week or so. I'll open a gamplay thread later today.

Every candidate gets 2 free endorsements this turn (except for Trump Jr., who gets his dad's endorsement obviously), though for Democrats major officials like Biden,  Obama, Sanders, and Duckworth are off limits. After that, it's probably going to be a credit system.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2020, 12:22:44 PM »

Everybody knows Phil is my man, but I've already done a game with him and it looks like we need Democrats. On the other hand I'm playing as a Dem somewhere else at the moment....
hmmmmm
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2020, 12:26:30 PM »

Everybody knows Phil is my man, but I've already done a game with him and it looks like we need Democrats. On the other hand I'm playing as a Dem somewhere else at the moment....
hmmmmm
At this point I think there's more of a need for a moderate Republican than a moderate Democrat. But feel free to pick whoever (within reason, of course).
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2020, 04:06:11 PM »

I’m torn between Kirsten and Kyrsten, so I’ll just ask which do we need more, a progressive or moderate?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies