2020 California Ballot Propositions Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:57:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 California Ballot Propositions Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 California Ballot Propositions Megathread  (Read 6793 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: September 19, 2020, 03:22:14 PM »
« edited: September 19, 2020, 03:28:09 PM by lfromnj »

If anyone want to discuss these I'm more than happy to.

You're so close to nailing my thoughts exactly that it's making me reconsider my one disagreement with you, which is Prop 20. My first reaction is that it will significantly increase prison population, almost exclusively for people who have been charged with theft, some as low as $250, which seems excessive. Has there been a significant uptick in related property crimes in California that I'm not aware of, that calls for this sort of change right now?

I have remembered reading a few articles(albiet anecdotal) about store owners complaining about repeat shoplifters who they can't really do anything about due to the fact the cops can't really do much till its a felony
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/california-news/business-owners-upset-over-increase-of-shoplifters-due-to-prop-47/133757/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-prop-47-shoplifting-theft-crime-statewide

I would actually like to see some data on how prop 47 did with regards to shoplifting crime.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 10:13:04 AM »

It's kinda sad I don't get to vote on these props anymore. 2016 was the last time I got to do it.

Anyway:

14. Yes
15. Yes -- It is imperative that Prop 15 passes
16. Yes -- I'm not a supporter of affirmative action, but I would like to send policymakers a clear signal that they need to do something to combat ongoing racial discrimination. And as it stands, this prop is very unlikely to pass.
17. Yes
18. Sure, whatever
19. Yes
20. Absolutely Not
21. Unsure -- I don't support rent control, but again, I'd like to send a message to policymakers that they should take action on housing policy.
22. Tentative No -- Feel bad for gig workers, but it's not healthy that many have come to rely on them for FTE work. Tentative no because AB 5 is full of exemptions.
23. Yes
24. Undecided
25. Tentative yes -- Not a fan of THE ALGORITHM, but I'm not sure we'll get another chance to vote on cash bail reform anytime soon.

Are you really that sure Prop 16 won't pass?
Washington barely failed to pass it last year in a low turnout election although that might have helped the AA supporters due to the best group for turnout being woke white college liberals.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 11:36:31 PM »

Odd results compared to other polls.

On a separate note I saw the most dishonest add on proposition 16. It equated being against affirmative action to being a white supremacist. Most disgraceful proposition add I've even seen.

This one?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NiPdd-bfNc

Most people in my community I've seen active against Prop 16 have been older Asian people. Rather different demographics than Unite The Right.

Well I might as well embrace my future.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies