An Effective Consensus (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:38:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  An Effective Consensus (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An Effective Consensus  (Read 40159 times)
Kuumo

P P
« on: September 17, 2020, 05:00:32 PM »

I would rank the alternate Presidents:

Romney

Glenn

Nixon
Kemp

Wallace

I’d have a hard time deciding who to vote for in this election. Both Kemp and Gore have about the same proportions of positives and negatives.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 01:06:19 AM »
« Edited: October 06, 2020, 04:55:22 PM by Kuumo »

What Atlas would look like in this world's 1992.

KaiserDave
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

Who do you support in the Presidential election?
« on: October 2, 1992, 8:57:06 pm »

I found it interesting that multiple people that I know personally support a candidate of a different party than in past elections, so I made this thread to see what Atlas thinks.

Kemp Republican
Atlas Star
★★★★★

« on: October 2, 1992, 9:01:17 pm »

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm endorsing Al Gore for a second term as President. I'm still really bummed that Kemp lost and am hoping someone like him will win in 1996.

Gay Rights are Human Rights
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: October 2, 1992, 9:03:46 pm »

Enthusiastically for Mario Cuomo 1992! I only reluctantly supported Kemp in 1984 because Jesse Helms is that horrible, but I'm glad the Republican party is becoming the party of Romney again.

SvenTC
★★★

« on: October 2, 1992, 9:05:03 pm »

CUOMO/JACKSON 1992!

Parrotguy
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: October 3, 1992, 2:56:21 am »

I'm still undecided. I like Mario Cuomo but strongly dislike Jesse Jackson.

Andriy Valeriovich
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: October 3, 1992, 7:02:55 am »

Al Gore all the way!

Kuumo
Rookie
★★

« on: October 3, 1992, 8:49:20 am »

I will be voting for Cuomo/Jackson this year. I supported Al Gore in 1988, but I haven't been thrilled with his Presidency thus far. I won't be too crushed if he wins though; he is miles better than Jesse Helms and Newt Gingrich.

Kuumo

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 10:03:10 PM »

Ironically, the 1992 map is almost an inverse of the real 2000 map. Gore even wins 271 electoral votes, and Florida is only shaded >40% for the winning candidate. Al Gore still has a disadvantage in the electoral college though; he would have lost the election through Nevada if he had won the popular vote by Hillary Clinton's 2016 margin.

I'm also curious about the county maps in some states for the last few elections. In particular, the plains and mountain states have been swing states since John Glenn won some of them in 1976. Is Democratic strength in the Dakotas based in the eastern sides (as in our timeline) or the western sides of the states? Is eastern Idaho now the most Republican part of the state, since it has the most Mormons? Are the Democratic and Republican bases in Montana and Wyoming different or similar to those in our timeline's 1980s and 1990s?

I'm also wondering about the county maps in New York and Pennsylvania. I assume that the greater Scranton Area and southwest Pennsylvania vote strongly Democratic as in our timeline at this time, but central Pennsylvania, the Philadelphia area, and most of New York are big question marks since I'm not sure how rural areas, suburbs, and cities vote in the northeast. Would the high population areas where Gore improved be considered primarily urban or suburban?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies