Resist The Authoritarian Response To The Coronavirus (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:23:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Resist The Authoritarian Response To The Coronavirus (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Resist The Authoritarian Response To The Coronavirus  (Read 15936 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: July 27, 2020, 08:34:31 AM »

It's time for America to go back to Church.  2 Chronicles 7:14 says:  "If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My Face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven, and I will forgive their sin and their their land (emphasis added)."  The death rate is hardly catastrophic.  We have been given all sorts of misinformation, and more of it is from Donald Trump's enemies than from Donald Trump.  It's still problematic, but it may, in fact, be here to stay.  What if none of these vaccines pan out?  It's time to live our lives, live them for God, and trust Him in all things.  Trusting involves obeying Him.  And if protesters should "keep doing it", I'm at a total loss for why the Church shouldn't.
Fuzzy, once again, two wrongs don't make a right. If the protestors didn't socially distance and spread the virus, that doesn't make it okay for others to do the same. It makes them both wrong. You should listen to the PROFESSIONAL SCIENTISTS Fuzzy, who understand how this virus works. They're saying a vaccine is not guaranteed but it's likely we'll get one at some point. They also say how dangerous and deadly this virus is. Those scientists used the brains God gave them to investigate the virus that came from God's creatures. So trust in God by trusting in science. Leave the politics at the door as much as possible when dabbling in epidemiology.

By the way, God bless your wife, your son and yourself. I'm very glad that you are all okay.

Leaving aside everything else, I second this. This means we've now had three posters on this forum who've contracted coronavirus.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 06:36:52 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2021, 07:46:09 PM by Calthrina950 »

All COVID restrictions should be removed with the exception of vaccine mandates which should be strengthened. Of course, no one is doing that, and everyone just wants to double down on virtually useless masks.

COVID restrictions now have have one purpose only - keep anti vaxxers happy.

Forcing everyone to wear masks is hardly a big ask - it costs barely anything and takes absolutely no time to wear. Of course, vaccine mandates should be strengthened, but should be supplemented with mask mandates.
There's evidence that delta goes through the doubly-vaccinated, which is why masks are a necessary tool to help stop the spread. Not saying they'll always stop COVID19 but will significantly reduce it, and at a cost of just 10 cents and 10 seconds of your time. It's not a big deal to ask people to wear masks. And no, the anti-vaxxers aren't the ones who favour COVID19 restrictions and mask mandates; it's sensible folks. The anti-vaxxers are also anti-mask and anti-restrictions. So, either you're against masks, vaccination, and restrictions, in favour of all three, or just inconsistent and fickle. Choose one of the three. Few choose the first option. I choose the second. It seems you choose the third.

We were promised earlier this year, by a multitude of figures-including Biden himself-that if we got vaccinated, we would no longer need to wear masks. Obviously, the CDC's reversal of its mask-wearing recommendations, and the imposition of school mask mandates, demonstrates that this was not true. Nor is it true that wearing masks is a "minimal" intrusion.

Yes, it may be necessary (and in school environments, is necessary so long as the majority of students remain unvaccinated), but many people cannot stand masks, and they do have broad psychological and social impacts. They're not the most comfortable items to wear, either. I know this from experience, having to wear a mask for up to eight hours a day at my job.

How much longer do you think we should be wearing masks? Another year? Two years? Three years? There needs to be a point at which it is no longer necessary to do so.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies