Your faith timeline. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:45:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Your faith timeline. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your faith timeline.  (Read 11273 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 17, 2020, 06:15:37 AM »

born on a Saturday, was at my S.Baptist church the following Sunday morning and went at least 3 times a week until I was almost 21.

Got "saved" at 9ish, 'cause it seemed like the thing to do and the time to do it.  I never 100% bought in though.  Maybe as high as 93%, but never the full thing.  My secular friends seemed to be having more fun, and the older we got the more fun they had.  Oh, they try and make church fun, games and such and that works great on children, but if they ain't bought in by 14 or so, the fun and games of the secular world are way more alluring.

By the time I was done with HS I was through, I kept going occasionally to keep mom off my ass, but knew this wasn't for me.  I saw a lot of hypocrisy.....but I've since learned that Christians aren't particularly special in that field.  Every group is full of hypocrites.  Yes, even yours.  I'm still fascinated by some aspects of Christianity, I just don't think I'm the type of person that needs religion in their life for whatever reason.  On the other hand, sometimes I "feel" like I'm still a Christian, I'm just living a part of my life I will look back on with regret when I, at some point in the future, accept Jesus back into my life.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 11:31:31 AM »

I began to view Islam (and religion in general) as the direct threat to Western liberal values that it is

Also, what does this bumper sticker actually mean? I've seen it on a number of Nazis' cars around town, but in my experience everyone who seems to have it is usually so drunk they can't explain it for me when I ask.
you have a number of Nazis driving around?  And they are usually drunk?  The east coast sucks more and more every day.  I've driven all over the middle of the country for the last forty some odd years and I've never seen a Nazi driving.  I did see a pick up truck at a rural AL gas station with a pro-KKK bumper sticker once in the mid 90s and there was a small group of skin heads that we'd see occasionally at metal shows in StL in the early 90s, but we never saw them do any actual "skin head" type stuff and they never wore any swastikas or anything...I don't even think they did the red armband thing, but it's been a long time.

Have you considered moving to a less drunk driving Nazi filled part of the country?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies