Your faith timeline. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:27:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Your faith timeline. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your faith timeline.  (Read 11343 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: March 20, 2020, 01:00:48 PM »

If you would prefer video form, watch this 5 minute video:

https://www.facebook.com/matt.colleran.90/videos/vb.100006343779808/2458917170996385/?type=2&video_source=user_video_tab

Text form:

Conception-5: Born to a Catholic dad and a mom who was raised Baptist but wasn't particularly religious.  Baptized Catholic.

5-10: Without a deep understanding of faith, I became acutely aware of what religion I was being raised in, almost in a my group versus the other group mentality.

11-13: Didn't see much of a point in religion and began having some doubts about God's existence while still ultimately telling myself I believed in Him, still went to church when dragged by my dad and was confirmed in the Catholic Church.

14-16: Became an atheist.  Probably the most vehement in the 15-16 year old range; like a lot of people that age, I thought I knew everything.  I do remember going to church once with my Baptist grandparents when I was 15 and thinking "this isn't as bad as what I'm used to".

17-20: Had a health scare at age 17 that made me contemplate mortality for the first time, but didn't instantly change my views.  Went to college and gradually went from a sort of agnostic my freshman year to vaguely Christian, without a real understanding of what it meant by my junior year, very gradually.  In this time, God put a ton of people in my path that He used to change the way I saw religion.  I went to church a few times at age 20 and enjoyed it but still didn't fully connect with it.

21: I finally felt the need to go to church and develop a deeper faith.  I was baptized again (in a Southern Baptist church) at age 21.

22-Present: After significant initial growth, I kind of felt stagnant.  I wound up going to a new church, where I found a great group of people that have helped each other grow since then.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 11:40:06 AM »

If you would prefer video form, watch this 5 minute video:

https://www.facebook.com/matt.colleran.90/videos/vb.100006343779808/2458917170996385/?type=2&video_source=user_video_tab

Text form:

Conception-5: Born to a Catholic dad and a mom who was raised Baptist but wasn't particularly religious.  Baptized Catholic.

5-10: Without a deep understanding of faith, I became acutely aware of what religion I was being raised in, almost in a my group versus the other group mentality.

11-13: Didn't see much of a point in religion and began having some doubts about God's existence while still ultimately telling myself I believed in Him, still went to church when dragged by my dad and was confirmed in the Catholic Church.

14-16: Became an atheist.  Probably the most vehement in the 15-16 year old range; like a lot of people that age, I thought I knew everything.  I do remember going to church once with my Baptist grandparents when I was 15 and thinking "this isn't as bad as what I'm used to".

17-20: Had a health scare at age 17 that made me contemplate mortality for the first time, but didn't instantly change my views.  Went to college and gradually went from a sort of agnostic my freshman year to vaguely Christian, without a real understanding of what it meant by my junior year, very gradually.  In this time, God put a ton of people in my path that He used to change the way I saw religion.  I went to church a few times at age 20 and enjoyed it but still didn't fully connect with it.

21: I finally felt the need to go to church and develop a deeper faith.  I was baptized again (in a Southern Baptist church) at age 21.

22-Present: After significant initial growth, I kind of felt stagnant.  I wound up going to a new church, where I found a great group of people that have helped each other grow since then.

Since then, I have come to find fellowship and Christian community even more important to our walk (after starting going to a new church with a huge young adults community).  I've also gotten a lot better about reading my Bible daily and have evolved on certain theological views that don't impact salvation (such as going from an old-Earth creationist to a young-Earth creationist and certain views around the continuation of gifts of the Holy Spirit).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies