Your faith timeline. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:36:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Your faith timeline. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your faith timeline.  (Read 11336 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

« on: April 01, 2020, 08:30:25 AM »

0-5: Baptised, enjoyed reading my children’s Bible.
5-11: Became an atheist due to watching Walking with Dinosaurs and finding the Bible incompatible with that, in addition to rebelling against the trendy soft evangelical Christianity peddled at the progressive private school I attended.
11-18: Went to comprehensive school, rebelled against atheism due to being irritated by a number of my peers adopting an annoying Dawkinsite attitude towards Christianity. Embraced reactionary Catholicism because it seemed cool.
18-: Went to Catholic services at my uni chaplaincy, became good friends with the priest who gave the services. Have since carried on attending various Catholic Churches irregularly (ie most Sunday’s when i’m not too battered from the night before to offend the Lord, which are fewer in number than they should be).

I’m not actually sure if I believe in God (although I have had many deeply spiritual experiences after consuming lots of vodka); nonetheless, I love the Bible (although I try to read it in Latin as I think its translation into the vernacular was Christianity’s biggest mistake), I enjoy Catholic services and have gotten on well with the various priests I’ve encountered over the years, so I see no need to go all Mr Hale and leave the Church over some minor theological uncertainty.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies