GA (Battleground Connect) - Trump +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:57:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  GA (Battleground Connect) - Trump +2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: GA (Battleground Connect) - Trump +2  (Read 1890 times)
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2020, 01:04:09 PM »

That's actually what I expect Georgia's end result to be, a Trump 2 point win.

Georgia will vote Democratic in 2024.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2020, 01:14:52 PM »

Biden will win Georgia. Smiley
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2020, 01:47:29 PM »

Pretty strong for Uncle Joe, but I'm not sure how serious he should contest the state. I think Arizona, Florida and North Carolina should be top targets for the Sun Belt.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2020, 01:55:38 PM »

Digging into the crosstabs, the news gets even worse for Trump...

Republican Democratic Independent
Donald Trump   96%          5%             39%
Joe Biden          3%             89%           48%
Undecided         1%             6%             13%

... As you can see, Trump already had 96% of republican support. No room to grow there essentially. Meanwhile, 6% of Democrats are undecided. If we give them to Biden, he is already at 48% (AKA almost what Abrams got).

One thing that Trump had against Hillary in 2016 that he's likely not going to have against Biden is the support of independents. This is why I am little more optimistic about Joe's polling leads over Trump. 
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2020, 02:09:32 PM »

Pretty strong for Uncle Joe, but I'm not sure how serious he should contest the state. I think Arizona, Florida and North Carolina should be top targets for the Sun Belt.
Why would you not contest a state where you’re in the margin of error in a Republican internal and there are two Senate races on the ballot?

I’m very confused.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2020, 02:26:59 PM »

Why would you not contest a state where you’re in the margin of error in a Republican internal and there are two Senate races on the ballot?

I’m very confused.

I'm just not sure the state is yet ready to flip. The same in Texas, which is winnable according to polls (and similar 2018 results compared to Georgia). It would be great to take Georgia, but it's not a must-win for Joe Biden. I think Arizona, Florida and North Carolina are a little more winnable for him and should be heavily contested to build an insurance in case Wisconsin goes another way.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2020, 02:58:25 PM »

Georgia will flip. Metro Atlanta is on it's way to being like Northern Virginia and will make up an even larger portion of the statewide electorate.
Catalyst138
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2020, 04:13:12 PM »

Yeah, but clearly Georgia is Likely R, less likely to flip than IA or ME-02 because of “elasticity” or something like that. Obviously even a miracle wouldn’t get Biden clear of that stubborn 44% 45% 46% 48.8% unbreakable ceiling. Tungsten Lean R.

If Biden loses GA, he’s already won IA by a landslide.

IA will obviously vote left of TITANIUM TILT R FLORIDA /s
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2020, 04:42:15 PM »

Georgia will flip. Metro Atlanta is on it's way to being like Northern Virginia and will make up an even larger portion of the statewide electorate.

It's not moving as fast to the Democrats as Northern Virginia has.

There are substantial numbers of conservatives moving to the suburban/exurban areas as well.  And the gerrymandering implemented by the Republicans in the last two decades will take quite a while to unwind.

Still, the future is bright for the Democrats in Georgia.  I think 2020 continues to be a little early for the flip, but it's worth a significant play.  Two Senate seats, winning GA-07, holding GA-06 (Lucy McBath), and picking up several state legislature seats are on the line. 
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2020, 04:55:29 PM »

Georgia is ready to party like it's 1992. Biden is going to win GA.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2020, 04:59:09 PM »

I’m very confused.

I'm just not sure the state is yet ready to flip. The same in Texas, which is winnable according to polls (and similar 2018 results compared to Georgia). It would be great to take Georgia, but it's not a must-win for Joe Biden. I think Arizona, Florida and North Carolina are a little more winnable for him and should be heavily contested to build an insurance in case Wisconsin goes another way.

I would say GA is more likely to flip than NC at this point.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2020, 05:12:41 PM »

It's not moving as fast to the Democrats as Northern Virginia has.

There are substantial numbers of conservatives moving to the suburban/exurban areas as well.  And the gerrymandering implemented by the Republicans in the last two decades will take quite a while to unwind.

Still, the future is bright for the Democrats in Georgia.  I think 2020 continues to be a little early for the flip, but it's worth a significant play.  Two Senate seats, winning GA-07, holding GA-06 (Lucy McBath), and picking up several state legislature seats are on the line. 
Two large counties flipped in 2016 and trended even further Democratic in the 2018 gubernatorial race, as well as downballot. If a Republican internal can only manage a 2% lead for Trump then Republicans are in serious trouble statewide.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2020, 06:00:41 PM »

I would love for the Peach State to deliver this November in spite of my still lingering pessimism about statewide Democratic chances in it.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2020, 07:10:35 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2020, 12:43:46 AM by Ridin' with Biden »

Trump will win RI but lose TX and GA. #TRENDSMATTER
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2020, 07:52:53 PM »

Do GOP pollsters ever leak disinformation polls -- i.e., fudged ones? Could be "fool's gold" dropped to lure the Biden campaign into contesting the state instead of focused on ones he needs to get 270.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2020, 07:21:51 PM »

Do GOP pollsters ever leak disinformation polls -- i.e., fudged ones? Could be "fool's gold" dropped to lure the Biden campaign into contesting the state instead of focused on ones he needs to get 270.

This might be a bit of a stretch but at the same time I wouldn't put Machiavellan, villainous plans past the GOP.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies