Should Nevada and South Carolina be the First Two States? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:08:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Should Nevada and South Carolina be the First Two States? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Nevada and South Carolina (in that order) be the first two states in the Democratic primary calendar?
Democrat: Yes

Democrat: No

Not a Democrat

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Should Nevada and South Carolina be the First Two States?  (Read 480516 times)
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« on: March 21, 2020, 07:19:08 AM »
« edited: March 21, 2020, 07:23:24 AM by CookieDamage »

For short to medium term: Yes

For long term: No

I want the primary calendar to look a whole lot different in the future. I don't think there should be a one-day nationwide primary, but I don't think the primary should be staggered over months and months either.

I think the primary should be a month long, maybe two months. Legally mandated campaigning timeframe. Every week or every other week there'd be primary contest. Each contest would be composed of 12 or 13 states. 12 + 12 + 13 + 13 = 50 state contests staggered over 4 weeks. DC would be somewhere in there.

I think the 12/13 states should be chosen with an eye toward diversity. Not all 12 states on week 3, for instance, should be in the south. Instead, on week 3, there should be 6 contests in the south and the other six in New England, or perhaps the mountain west. Furthermore, there should be a balance of high and low population states, states that are whiter, states that are more ethnically diverse, states with cheaper ad markets, etc.

Perhaps the first week should be composed of predominantly 12 cheap, smaller states like New Mexico, Nevada, Delaware, along with larger states but avoiding the expensive massive states like NY, CA, TX, FL, IL, etc.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 05:35:14 PM »

I want NJ to be far more important than it is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies