Opebo the parent
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:44:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opebo the parent
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Opebo the parent  (Read 5990 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 05:56:44 PM »

The thought of opebo having kids is one of the best arguments I can think of in favor of the legality of abortion.

And the thought of opebo having kids is the only argument I can think of which justifies him remaining homosexual.  Wink
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 06:08:34 PM »

The thought of opebo having kids is one of the best arguments I can think of in favor of the legality of abortion.

And the thought of opebo having kids is the only argument I can think of which justifies him remaining homosexual.  Wink

But he's not Smiley
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 06:09:54 PM »

But he's not Smiley

How so?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 06:19:51 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2006, 06:23:35 PM by Governor Afleitch »

But he's not Smiley

How so?

Homosexual would mean that he sleeps with men and men only.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 06:20:09 PM »

I doubt opebo would even know who his son was. That pig would probably refuse to do anything to help out the woman.

I've drawn up a possible future timeline: assumptions:
Early 2006: A young woman in Thailand who ran from the countryside, looking for work/money, has an encounter with Opebo.
about 10 months later: a son is born. Let's call him 'Pete', just for the sake of argument (even though his real name will likely be Thai). Young woman is unable to get any form of support from Oppie, and sets out to raise kid.
Sometime in the 2010s: Rather wiser woman decides to emigrate to America, in part because she heard Oppie denounce the place, and settles in of all places Dallas, Texas. She takes Pete with him. He's got some problems at first with the transition, but he gets over them with his trademark gumption and begins to actively overemphasize his 'Americanisms'. Oh, and woman gets assistance during immigration process from a missionary group, and she and Pete become evangelical Christians.
Around 2023: Pete begins dating a native Texan girl (one who Opebo would probably consider too fat for him) religiously. Amazingly, they do not have any sexual relations until they get married around five years later - and neither strays at all in the meantime. A few of the girl's more xenophobic relatives aren't too happy, but overall the relation was smooth sailing
2025: After graduating High School with a decent but not amazing GPA and okay SAT scores, Pete joins the US Army, where he serves during the US operations in Khuzestan (to pull a name out of a hat). His company-mates comment on his gung-ho nature and his almost cheesy excess of patriotism for his adopted country. He is personally awarded a medal by General J. R. Avensbo. 
2028: After leaving the Army, Pete decides to go to college, majoring in Computer Science. He eventually ends up as a graduate assistant working in the AI research lab of Dr. DanielX Tongue.
2035: Pete is horrified to learn who his father really is. He decides anyway to visit him, and finds him in a Thai prison, slowly dying of antibiotic-resistant syphillis, having been jailed for spreading it amongst the local prostitutes. Ironically, a new cure has been developed and is in testing - in the United States. Too late for Oppie, who dies about two months after his son cursed him out. His last words had him grumbling about the "prudes" of the Brunsel administration. 
Ironically, despite enjoying one too many cheeseburgers and sharing malts with his girlfriend/wife, Pete outlives father by a considerable margin, thanks to improved medical technology invented in, of all places, the United States. Also, being in a stable relationship - and not getting syphillis - have both been proven to allow longer, healthier lives.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2006, 06:39:32 PM »

Definitely!  I will never understand how for some reason, opebo just doesn't seem to understand that things he uses everyday (electricity, food, water, etc.) are only possible because of these horrible "workers".

Parent Opebo: Who is in my house at this hour?

Burgular: I am a robber, and I am here to take every penny you have and then kill you.

Opebo: I appluad your fight for freedom, worker! Please go ahead and do your business for freedom.

LOL!  That's the best one here, PBrunsel Cheesy
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2006, 06:57:08 PM »

Somehow, I think the sound of Opebo having kids sounds a lot like a vacum cleaner, unfortunatly.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2006, 07:44:28 PM by opebo »

But he's not Smiley

How so?

I just returned from five months in which I engaged in potentially reproductive behaviour on average twice per day, sometimes with someone new, sometimes with a repeat - a total in the range of 50-70 girls.  I think such labels as homo or heterosexual are rather laughable, but there is no doubt, jmfcst, that I have fulfilled the biological function of a male far more thoroughly than you. Smiley

The fact that I also made deposits in half a dozen ladyboys is, I realize, of great interest to you, but scientifically speaking, the great majority of my sexual behaviour would be considered 'heterosexual'.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2006, 07:22:31 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2006, 07:24:39 PM by jmfcst »

But he's not Smiley

How so?

So, do liars tell only lies?  Do adulterers only sleep with someone other than their spouses?  Do thieves never earn any of the money they have?  Do criminals never obey the law?

If you commit adultery, you're an adulterer.  If you lie, you're a liar.  If you steal, you're a thief....And if you practice homosexuality, then you are a homosexual.

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2006, 07:24:38 PM »

But he's not Smiley

How so?

So, do liars tell only lies?  Do adulterers only sleep with someone other than their spouses?  Do thieves never earn any of the money they have?  Do criminals never obey the law?

If you practice homosexuality, then you are a homosexual.  If you commit adultery, you're an adulterer.  If you lie, you're a liar.  If you steal, you're a thief.

But I don't actually think Opebo has ever slept with men. Even if he had done, he would be considered bisexual not homosexual.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2006, 07:32:14 PM »

But I don't actually think Opebo has ever slept with men. Even if he had done, he would be considered bisexual not homosexual.

And what would you call someone who only cheats on their spouse every other tuesday?  I call them an adulterer.

The fact that I also made deposits in half a dozen ladyboys is, I realize, of great interest to you, but scientifically speaking, the great majority of my sexual behaviour would be considered 'heterosexual'.

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2006, 07:36:24 PM »

And what would you call someone who only cheats on their spouse every other tuesday?  I call them an adulterer.

Okay then, so he could be considered to be bisexual.

See this handy dictionary definition

bi·sex·u·al (b-sksh-l)
adj.

1.Relating to both sexes.
2.Having both male and female reproductive organs; hermaphroditic.
3.Relating to or having a sexual orientation to persons of either sex.

You can argue over whether bisexuality is right or wrong if you want, but you cant argue that someone who has had relations with both sexuals is by defenition bisexual.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2006, 07:39:59 PM »

bi·sex·u·al (b-sksh-l)
adj.

That is a politically correct definition.

Again, I ask:

What do you call someone who only tells the truth 50% of the time?

What do you call someone who only cheats on his spouse every other night?

What do you call someone who only robs banks on odd number days of the month?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2006, 07:42:58 PM »

bi·sex·u·al (b-sksh-l)
adj.

That is a politically correct definition.

Again, I ask:

What do you call someone who only tells the truth 50% of the time?

What do you call someone who only cheats on his spouse every other night?

What do you call someone who only robs banks on odd number days of the month?

Arguing with the dictionary now?

So if I slept with men say 5 days a week and a woman for the other 2 I would by your defenition be heterosexual would I not?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2006, 07:49:54 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2006, 07:52:00 PM by jmfcst »

So if I slept with men say 5 days a week and a woman for the other 2 I would by your defenition be heterosexual would I not?

No, the only way you could be considered a heterosexual again is if you repented of your past homosexual activity.  Just like a liar is still considered a liar even if he lies "only" 20% of the time.

"Don't you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed." (1Cor 5:6-7)

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2006, 07:54:16 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2006, 07:56:43 PM by Governor Afleitch »

No, the only way you could be considered a hetersexual again is if you repented of your past homosexual activity.  Just like a liar is still considered a liar even if he tells lies "only" 20% of the time.

"Don't you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed." (1Cor 5:6-7)

But by the defenition you use for opebo, where by sleeping with the odd guy makes him homosexual, then surely if i slept with the odd woman now and then I would be heterosexual? Don't you understand the flawed logic behind your definition?

Someone who sleeps with both sexes is bisexual by definition.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2006, 08:04:25 PM »

But by the defenition you use for opebo, where by sleeping with the odd guy makes him homosexual, then surely if i slept with the odd woman now and then I would be heterosexual? Don't you understand the flawed logic behind your definition?

And you don't understand the logic of "a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough".

Again, someone who lies is a liar, even if they tell the truth 50% of the time.  I don't know what is so hard to understand about that.

---

Someone who sleeps with both sexes is bisexual by definition.

No, they are by definition: perverse.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2006, 08:10:53 PM »

No by dictionary definition they are bisexual
By your definition they are 'perverse' Smiley

It's okay to get mixed up with terminology jmfcst, there is no shame in that. After all that's what a dictionary is for!

Anyway I have no more to add to this matter than I already have done and it's 1 am here so I have to get to bed. Good night jmfcst Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2006, 12:22:10 AM »

Subjective preference there, jmfcst - meaningless to other people.  Remember, when you try to communicate, you are doing so with other people.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2006, 01:25:09 AM »

jmfcst's logic relies on that homosexuality is somehow morally inferior, like lying.  But whatever, homosexuality is based on wanting to have emotional relationships with guys, not who you actually do have sex with.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 06:00:02 PM »

No, the only way you could be considered a heterosexual again is if you repented of your past homosexual activity.  Just like a liar is still considered a liar even if he lies "only" 20% of the time.

Even though I'm not even close to being politically correct I'm going to say that I take extreme offense to that post. I happen to be bi.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 08:24:09 PM »

How did a thread about the horrific prospect of opebo as a parent turn into a debate on homosexuality?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 08:25:15 PM »

How did a thread about the horrific prospect of opebo as a parent turn into a debate on homosexuality?

jmfcst.  He can't stop thinking about homosexuality.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 08:27:13 PM »

jmfcst.  He can't stop thinking about homosexuality.

In all fairness it was jmfcst who raised the issue. I then argued with him over the definition that someone who sleeps with both men and women is not homosexul, they are bisexual.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 08:29:54 PM »

jmfcst needs to come out of the closet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to: