Office of the Speaker of the House of Representatives (Bills queuing between chambers)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:38:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Speaker of the House of Representatives (Bills queuing between chambers)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of the Speaker of the House of Representatives (Bills queuing between chambers)  (Read 1154 times)
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 11, 2020, 10:31:29 AM »
« edited: June 09, 2020, 06:07:43 PM by Speaker Thumb21 »

Office of the Speaker of the House of Representatives

This will be my office thread for my time as speaker to keep all my actions in one thread, as well as deal with any questions or debates about my application of the rules or any other concerns from Representatives and the public. Usually the speaker does their actions in the Speaker Election thread, but I think that can cause a lot of clutter in a thread that exists for electing speakers. I'll put a link to this thread in that thread to make navigation easy.

Other threads -
Speaker Election thread

thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 11:02:30 AM »

Order of the Speaker

Using my power as Speaker, I have removed the following bills from the house queue:

- Raise Up Amendment (Citizen - impractical)
 - New! Cis Tax Act (Citizen - frivolous and impractical)
 - Articles of Impeachment against Secretary of Federal Elections and Registrar General Peebs (Citizen - frivolous)
 - Atlasia Says Cis Wrongs Amendment (Citizen - frivolous)
 - Southern Agression Punishment Amendment (Citizen - frivolous and impractical)

Representatives have the right to challenge these decisions within the next 72 hours.

thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 09:56:45 PM »

Order of the Speaker
To provide for consistent administration of the House and compliance with the rules of said chamber

I hereby appoint Representative Blair as Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives.

thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 10:53:58 AM »

Order of the Speaker
To allow the House to discuss more proposals in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic and its economic consequences

Using my power as Speaker, I have suspended the rules in order to create three additional slots for legislation regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic and its economic consequences. This will allow representatives to bring more legislation to the floor on this crisis without the limitations of having only one slot.

thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 01:46:09 PM »

Important Statement on Congressional co-operation to respond to COVID-19

I strongly encourage Representatives and Senators to read, comment on and propose amendments to corona related bills in the other chamber too. Given the urgent situation, there should be as much coordination to avoid time consuming back and fourth. If we can get amendments done and concerns addressed in the first chamber the bill enters, it means that in the second chamber the bill can be voted on without amendments. If the bill gets amended in the second chamber, that means the bill will have to go back to the first chamber which will take too much time.

I'm thinking about the idea of a joint session on bills related to coronavirus and the economic crisis which will allow us to deal with these bills more urgently. If anyone has some thoughts, they are welcome to comment. I plan on talking to Yankee how the House and Senate could coordinate at this critical time.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 06:32:07 PM »

I believe that a joint meeting between members of both houses of Congress would be ideal.  Discord is a good place to brainstorm ideas.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 12:24:04 PM »

Order of the Speaker

Using my power as Speaker, I have removed the following bills from the house queue:

- Articles of Impeachment against the Supreme Court (Citizen - frivolous)

Representatives have the right to challenge these decisions within the next 72 hours.

thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 02:37:17 PM »

Order of the Speaker
To allow the House to discuss more proposals in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic and its economic consequences

Using my power as Speaker, I have suspended the rules in order to create three additional slots for legislation regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic and its economic consequences. This will allow representatives to bring more legislation to the floor on this crisis without the limitations of having only one slot.

Re-authorising this.

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 02:20:03 AM »

Order of the Speaker
To provide for consistent administration of the House and compliance with the rules of said chamber

I hereby appoint Representative Blair as Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives.

So who's going to be replacing Blair as the Deputy for this session.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 12:01:54 PM »

Order of the Speaker

So who's going to be replacing Blair as the Deputy for this session.

I'm not in a rush to make an appointment because the role is not too relevant unless I fall innactive or resign - none of which I plan to do. If someone wants to apply, they are welcome to but for the time being Razze as Dean is by default acting Deputy Speaker.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2020, 02:47:20 AM »

I'll take up Deputy if there's no need for one just to keep the spot filled. No push but I'm available for it.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2020, 07:14:41 PM »

I'll take up Deputy if there's no need for one just to keep the spot filled. No push but I'm available for it.

Granted!
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2020, 07:15:10 PM »

Order of the Speaker

I hereby appoint Representative ReaganClinton as Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives.

thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2020, 06:07:08 PM »

List of bills currently queuing

One problem we've been having is the senate to house queue as well as the house to senate queue building up, so I'm gonna list the outstanding bills in the queue for the benefit of any representatives who want to sponsor anything to allow it to enter into the house, and for Peanut or the next Vice President to help them keep track of what's going on.

Senate to House bills
Sticking it to the Man Act - SB22:17
Videogames Ratings Restructuring Act - SB23:07
Coin Composition Revision Act - SB23:09

House to Senate bills
HB 22-05: Parking Protection Act
HB 22-10: Protecting Native Arts and Crafts Act

HB 22-12: Keep PREPing Act
HB 22-04: National College Access Act
HB 23-12: More Funding to Combat COVID-19 Act
HB 23-17: Jobs and Pay During the Coronavirus Pandemic Act
HB 24-07: No Insider Trading Act
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2020, 10:04:45 AM »

Order of the Speaker

- Condemnation of Fhtagn Resolution (Citizen - frivolous)

Representatives have the right to challenge this decision within the next 72 hours.

thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2020, 05:09:48 PM »

Order of the Speaker

Re-authorising this.

Deleting these three extra slots because there are plenty of open slots and because soon I'll no longer be speaker and don't want to create confusion in between the two congresses.

thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2020, 06:49:24 PM »

List of bills currently queuing

Just updated the list for the benefit of the next Congress.

Senate to House bills
Videogames Ratings Restructuring Act - SB23:07
Repeal of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act-SB24:12

House to Senate bills
HB 22-05: Parking Protection Act
HB 22-10: Protecting Native Arts and Crafts Act

HB 22-12: Keep PREPing Act
HB 22-04: National College Access Act
HB 23-12: More Funding to Combat COVID-19 Act
HB 23-17: Jobs and Pay During the Coronavirus Pandemic Act
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »