Mini Tuesday results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:49:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Mini Tuesday results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40
Author Topic: Mini Tuesday results thread  (Read 50130 times)
Higgins
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: March 10, 2020, 09:30:49 PM »

I hope it's a sign he'll be suspending his campaign. Given the situation, carrying on with the campaign would be absolutely counterproductive.

This means of course he’ll carry on through June, doing as much as he can to damage the party and front runner before the autumn. His ego cannot accept defeat.

I think you are doing him a disservice.  At least wait to see what he actually does.

I agree. Sanders has said repeatedly that defeating Trump is critical, and has said that he would support the Democratic nominee, regardless of who it is. And he has described Biden as a "friend" numerous times, making it clear that he was not interested in launching personal attacks against him. Given all of this, I think Sanders could very well own up to reality and bow out of the primary.

Didn’t he say that in 2016, before continuing to challenge Hillary until the convention and attacking her entire campaign?
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #551 on: March 10, 2020, 09:31:36 PM »

PROJECTION: BERNIE SANDERS HAS PROBABLY FAILED TO REACH VIABILITY IN MISSISSIPPI IF PROVISIONAL BALLOTS DON'T CHANGE THINGS DRASTICALLY
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #552 on: March 10, 2020, 09:31:47 PM »

DDHQ has the following from ND:

Joe Biden              580   43.25%
Tom Steyer       283   21.10%
Amy Klobuchar      212   15.81%
Pete Buttigieg      144   10.74%
Michael Bloomberg   103   7.68%
Tulsi Gabbard         6   0.45%
Elizabeth Warren   5   0.37%
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #553 on: March 10, 2020, 09:32:13 PM »

👀👀👀

Someone prominet  tweeted (I no longer can find it) that biden would be under pressure to pick:

A women
A person of color
Somone from the Left

Putting all four togeather, there is really only one person notable enough, and she is from Massachusetts. It would be a total parallel to Romney's pick of Ryan, since she would be aligned with the activist legislative left, but not from the crazy left.

Presley?!? She's a first-term congresswoman for Christ's sake. I like her, but she's nowhere near up to the job yet. It would scream pandering politics.

Now, getting over the whole Kamala is a cop Meme, and perhaps focusing on the fact that she has among if not the most Progressive voting record in the Senate, that would be a good choice.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #554 on: March 10, 2020, 09:32:28 PM »

I hope it's a sign he'll be suspending his campaign. Given the situation, carrying on with the campaign would be absolutely counterproductive.

This means of course he’ll carry on through June, doing as much as he can to damage the party and front runner before the autumn. His ego cannot accept defeat.

I think you are doing him a disservice.  At least wait to see what he actually does.

I agree. Sanders has said repeatedly that defeating Trump is critical, and has said that he would support the Democratic nominee, regardless of who it is. And he has described Biden as a "friend" numerous times, making it clear that he was not interested in launching personal attacks against him. Given all of this, I think Sanders could very well own up to reality and bow out of the primary.

Didn’t he say that in 2016, before continuing to challenge Hillary until the convention and attacking her entire campaign?

Perhaps he did, but this is different. And honestly, given what Clinton has been saying about Sanders recently, I can't really fault him for staying in during that campaign. But that's another matter, and all factions of the Party do agree on one thing-that they must unite to defeat Trump.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #555 on: March 10, 2020, 09:33:34 PM »

30 minutes for the State of Washington to close voting and start showing results.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #556 on: March 10, 2020, 09:33:44 PM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #557 on: March 10, 2020, 09:34:49 PM »

Is DDHQ okay?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #558 on: March 10, 2020, 09:35:02 PM »

👀👀👀

Someone prominet  tweeted (I no longer can find it) that biden would be under pressure to pick:

A women
A person of color
Somone from the Left

Putting all four togeather, there is really only one person notable enough, and she is from Massachusetts. It would be a total parallel to Romney's pick of Ryan, since she would be aligned with the activist legislative left, but not from the crazy left.

Hate to tell you, but Susan Rice isn't from Massachusetts.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #559 on: March 10, 2020, 09:36:14 PM »

Dang, all very deflating
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #560 on: March 10, 2020, 09:38:26 PM »

Can everyone just stop purposely rubbing it in Bernie supporters faces. Yes we got that from that at times, and a bit of gloating is ok, but there is absolutely no reason to be malicious to people who were extremely passionate about a candidate whose presidential hopes were ruined tonight

who is "purposely rubbing it in"?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #561 on: March 10, 2020, 09:39:00 PM »

CNN shows the same numbers....
Omega21

« Reply #562 on: March 10, 2020, 09:39:12 PM »

It's a damn shame. Every single corporate media was screaming about Bernie and his "Communist" ideas, all the while the thing's he's proposing are common sense in one form or another from Portugal to Russia, even for me, and I'm pretty right-wing lol.

Guess you can thank the lazy young people and your corporate overlords for another few years of medical bankruptcies and crippling education costs.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #563 on: March 10, 2020, 09:39:13 PM »

With 10% in, Sanders is ahead in North Dakota.

Sanders could win North Dakota, but it will be extremely minor consolation for him, given that he has lost his "firewall"-Michigan, and could lose Idaho and Washington, if the final polls prove to be correct.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #564 on: March 10, 2020, 09:39:54 PM »

👀👀👀

A women
A person of color
Somone from the Left

Presley?!? She's a first-term congresswoman for Christ's sake. I like her, but she's nowhere near up to the job yet. It would scream pandering politics.

Now, getting over the whole Kamala is a cop Meme, and perhaps focusing on the fact that she has among if not the most Progressive voting record in the Senate, that would be a good choice.

I thought they were talking about Warren given her claim of being a person of color.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #565 on: March 10, 2020, 09:40:21 PM »

Can everyone just stop purposely rubbing it in Bernie supporters faces. Yes we got that from that at times, and a bit of gloating is ok, but there is absolutely no reason to be malicious to people who were extremely passionate about a candidate whose presidential hopes were ruined tonight

who is "purposely rubbing it in"?

Yeah, I haven't seen any Biden supporters rubbing it in.  I'm supposedly the biggest anti-Sanders hack on this forum and I haven't felt any urge to rub it in.

We need to unify the party, get over this mess, retake Congress and defeat Trump.  Period.  That is the sole goal at this point.  The only place where I'm interested in fighting with Sanders supporters now is when they are directly working against this goal, either by repeating conspiracy theories or saying they won't vote for Biden.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #566 on: March 10, 2020, 09:40:22 PM »

According to a report my mom saw - no idea of the source - turnout in Washington so far is up 40% over the 2016 caucus (thanks in large part to the switch to the primary). That number is set to grow over the coming days from all of the last-minute voters mailing in their ballots.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #567 on: March 10, 2020, 09:40:33 PM »

Biden now leads in Kalamazoo as well as Washtenaw.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #568 on: March 10, 2020, 09:40:38 PM »

Bernie needs to bring up Hunter, Burisma and Biden's senility Sunday. Only chance he has.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #569 on: March 10, 2020, 09:41:17 PM »

Bernie needs to bring up Hunter, Burisma and Biden's senility Sunday. Only chance he has.

Bernie has class

Unlike Trump
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #570 on: March 10, 2020, 09:41:27 PM »

Dems can't win alienating a third of their party. This primary is going to be really hard for Sanders supporters.
Trump is the GOP you RINO

no one is alienating sanders supporters.
He's done nothing to bring the party together yet.

Silence, Republican

Use "Trump supporter", not Republican. Please.

Silence, Republican
TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

« Reply #571 on: March 10, 2020, 09:41:39 PM »

I don't think he will, he had the entire townhall to bring it up.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #572 on: March 10, 2020, 09:42:35 PM »

That is the one thing I guarantee you will never happen.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #573 on: March 10, 2020, 09:42:53 PM »

Bernie should not do these things. I'm a huge supporter but it's obvious there's no path. Bernie needs to drop out ASAP.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #574 on: March 10, 2020, 09:42:56 PM »

I don't think he will, he had the entire townhall to bring it up.

And he's not going to, as he has said that he's not going to attack Biden personally, like Trump has (and will). And Sanders is of course older than Biden, so it would be a hypocritical attack.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies