Mini Tuesday results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:32:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Mini Tuesday results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 40
Author Topic: Mini Tuesday results thread  (Read 48668 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2020, 06:44:15 PM »

So, uhh, are we getting partial Michigan results, or nothing at all tonight? And will exit polls be released at 5 PM PST as well (or 6 because of the Upper Peninsula)?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2020, 06:45:09 PM »

So, uhh, are we getting partial Michigan results, or nothing at all tonight? And will exit polls be released at 5 PM PST as well (or 6 because of the Upper Peninsula)?

All the results.  The SOS just won't post them tonight.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2020, 06:47:16 PM »

This is the first major election since no-reason absentee ballots were introduced. We’ll have a bulk of results tonight because we use digital tabulators at every precinct, but per state law the absentee ballots can’t begin to be counted until 8:01. I don’t think this will be a close race, but if it is it might take a few days to get 100% of the vote in.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2020, 06:47:30 PM »

Extended prediction time:

Bernie will only win Washtenaw, Kalamazoo, Ingham, Isabella, and Marquette Counties confidently in Michigan. Other potential wins include Van Buren, Grand Traverse, Eaton, Clinton, and a scattering of rurals.

In Missouri Bernie will only win Boone, Greene, Jasper, and a scattering of rurals at best.

Bernie will not win anything in Mississippi.

My county predictions from the other thread, since two states will probably be called right at the buzzer in 15min.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2020, 06:48:39 PM »

Why the hell does any state have no excuse absentee voting?  If you have no excuse for not voting on election day - You DONT need an absentee ballot!!!  The hint is in the name, absentee.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2020, 06:49:19 PM »

On CNN the reporter on the ground in Mississippi said that Sanders canceling his rally in Jackson was noticed by voters. One voter said "I like Bernie, but he skipped us". Not that holding the rally would have much helped Sanders, but it appears that some voters didn't like being written off.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2020, 06:49:24 PM »

In case you wanted more...

Assuming that Sanders somehow wins the presidency, how is he going to be able to achieve those things?

It seems more like a wishlist than an actual plan.

So instead vote for a guy who isn’t wishing for those things but would veto them..? Yeah, that’s surely how you achieve progress.

HE NEVER SAID HE WOULD VETO A SINGLE ONE OF THOSE THINGS.... God watch the damn video. He said he would veto anything that would cause a lapse in coverage. . . And I'm pretty sure you can't veto "end the wars" and other vague things like that

sadly when live in a era where facts don't matter anymore
Just look at Facebook

you get on there and post any ridiculous nonsense you can think of and there will little to no attempt to stop or correct you
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2020, 06:49:41 PM »

All the results.  The SOS just won't post them tonight.

Take this as your reminder to keep an eye on DDHQ for Michigan, since they tend to do well when the SoS drops the ball and localities are responsible.
indietraveler

« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2020, 06:51:41 PM »

On CNN the reporter on the ground in Mississippi said that Sanders canceling his rally in Jackson was noticed by voters. One voter said "I like Bernie, but he skipped us". Not that holding the rally would have much helped Sanders, but it appears that some voters didn't like being written off.

Saw that. I wonder how much impact that will have on the margin. Could it keep him below 15%?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2020, 06:53:47 PM »

Why the hell does any state have no excuse absentee voting?  If you have no excuse for not voting on election day - You DONT need an absentee ballot!!!  The hint is in the name, absentee.

I dunno, maybe because Tuesday is a work day? People like to vote when they have free time, and we make it harder by not making e-day a holiday. So, substitutes need to be found.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2020, 06:54:45 PM »

ironically being written off was a big theme of Biden super Tuesday victory speech
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2020, 06:55:12 PM »

It's called early voting. Really we should go to 100% vote by mail.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2020, 06:56:26 PM »

Why the hell does any state have no excuse absentee voting?  If you have no excuse for not voting on election day - You DONT need an absentee ballot!!!  The hint is in the name, absentee.

I dunno, maybe because Tuesday is a work day? People like to vote when they have free time, and we make it harder by not making e-day a holiday. So, substitutes need to be found.

Somehow every managed just fine before no excuse absentee voting.  It doesn't increase turnout.  This country is so coddled.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2020, 06:57:18 PM »

Yeah, and its a disgrace to democracy.  Vote on election day, or don't have one at all.  Lets just have a rolling election year.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2020, 06:57:46 PM »

I don't understand the obsession with why people have to vote on election day. People should be able to vote whenever is most convenient for them once they are satisfied they have all the information they want and all the debates and stuff have ended. It limits the amount of overcrowding and long lines at poll stations and it prevents scenarios of last minute emergencies or bad weather preventing someone from voting. Worst case scenario you get a situation like the Montana special election in 2017 where a candidate beats a guy up 24 hours before polls close, but that's about the only real problem I can imagine.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2020, 06:58:43 PM »

Yeah, and its a disgrace to democracy.  Vote on election day, or don't have one at all.  Lets just have a rolling election year.

If giving people more time and opportunity to vote is a disgrace then I really don’t care for your definition of democracy.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2020, 06:59:01 PM »

Thankfully more states are moving towards VBM, early voting, and no excuse absentee. Looks like your view is losing.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2020, 06:59:28 PM »

Why the hell does any state have no excuse absentee voting?  If you have no excuse for not voting on election day - You DONT need an absentee ballot!!!  The hint is in the name, absentee.

Somehow every managed just fine before no excuse absentee voting.  It doesn't increase turnout.  This country is so coddled.

Then what's the advantage of voting on election day? You get to stand in the cold with a few dozen strangers coughing all over you just so you can get your special sticker?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2020, 06:59:54 PM »

I don't understand the obsession with why people have to vote on election day. People should be able to vote whenever is most convenient for them once they are satisfied they have all the information they want and all the debates and stuff have ended. It limits the amount of overcrowding and long lines at poll stations and it prevents scenarios of last minute emergencies or bad weather preventing someone from voting. Worst case scenario you get a situation like the Montana special election in 2017 where a candidate beats a guy up 24 hours before polls close, but that's about the only real problem I can imagine.

Thats a pretty freakin' bad case though.  All voters shoud be voting based on the exact same information available to them.  Not EVERYTHING in life is about whatever is most convenient to you.  Lets just have a rolling election then.  I'm ready to vote now, why do I have to wait until November?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2020, 07:00:09 PM »

I certainly agree. I believe all states which haven't done so should at least move to Colorado's mail-in ballot system, along with adopting same-day registration and/or automatic registration. Unfortunately, that is unlikely to happen in the near future.
indietraveler

« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2020, 07:00:28 PM »

I'll get behind this when election day is declared a national holiday and a law is passed that requires employers to give workers a few hours off to vote.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2020, 07:00:36 PM »

I don't know why Green Line always chooses this as their hill to die on.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2020, 07:01:08 PM »

NBC calls Mississippi for Biden, too early to call in Missouri but Biden leads, North Dakota too early.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2020, 07:01:09 PM »

Missouri exit poll toplines (estimated from averaging male and female #s):

https://www.cnn.com/election/2020/state/missouri

Biden 58%
Sanders 35%
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2020, 07:01:16 PM »

CNN bugging out and had Bernie winning MS, Joe Biden wins MS.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies