Office of Senator Scott, President pro tempore
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:58:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Scott, President pro tempore
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Office of Senator Scott, President pro tempore  (Read 5622 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2021, 06:36:06 PM »

so much for the f#cking LOA

if I come off as testy lately I apologize
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2021, 07:42:19 PM »

To my friends, constituents, haters, and losers alike --

After much consideration, I have decided that, like my good friend Ted, I will NOT be contesting this month's election as either a Presidential or Vice Presidential candidate. As most of you know, I too am burdened by numerous RL issues to run an effective campaign in this environment.

I must say, I am very disappointed in how the last 24 hours have transpired. What was a funny video became the subject of spite towards one another. This is the kind of politics that I have been fighting for a long time, as someone who is also guilty of engaging in this type of petty behavior.

I have zero enthusiasm for this election, and even if Labor were to prevail this month I do not feel that I can effectively serve as your Vice President.

I will continue my duties in the Senate, and I will continue to be present as Congress and the Regions work to fight COVID-19 and revitalize our economy. I intend to run for reelection in April, and I will declare my campaign after this month.

I want to emphasize that Atlasia is, first and foremost, a game. An escape. A way to present and debate your ideas and, hopefully, make good friends in the process. It should never be used as a platform to stroke our egos or carry out personal fights. This is what is killing the game. Not Labor's electoral fortunes, not any one individual, not the style of recruitment. What is killing this game is spite.

With that in mind, it is clear what we need to do to change the game for the better - irrespective of who wins this month.

I wish my good friend, Ted, all the best. I will support the ticket that Labor will soon nominate in our place. I will continue to be active in NPC campaigns and promote our vision for our cities and states.

I hold malice towards none, and I will work with anyone to improve the game and the lives of our citizens in these difficult times for our nation.

Thank you for reading, and Dave bless.

Scott, Frémont Senator
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2021, 02:30:28 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2021, 03:39:30 PM by Scott🦋 »

Farewell Statement

Congratulations to our new president, Sestak!

In my last act as Vice President, I have updated the noticeboard so that it is ready for the next session.

I would like to again thank former President Bessell for the opportunity to service for that short, but surprisingly eventful, week and a half.

And now, I am finally a private citizen. My days in both Denver and Nyman are over now, and I will finally be retreating to my home in Jackson.

But I do hope to remain a voice of influence in the affairs of both.

I will be watching and I will be listening. I wish the new administration great luck and great success, and I do believe Atlasia's best days are ahead.

So goodbye, Dave bless you, and I will be back in some form.

Scott
Former Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2021, 07:17:56 AM »

Statement on NPC Elections

I enthusiastically await the start of March's NPC campaigns. Though I am currently enjoying my break in the great Teton Mountains, fishing and hunting my own meat like the Good Lord intended, my goal this month will be to campaign in every state, city, and territory at least once this cycle to promote Labor's vision nationwide. Even states that heavily favor us must not be taken for granted, and Labor has a golden opportunity to make inroads in the Great Lakes region and expand our appeal to urban areas.

I make no bones about my beliefs. And I will be actively recruiting candidates who share Labor's vision for economic equality and prosperity, while defending the rights of law-abiding gun owners and respecting those who deviate from Labor's stance on abortion: a divisive issue that frequently overshadows discourse about improving living standards for working people and the poor.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a wild boar to prepare for dinner this evening.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2021, 07:31:21 AM »

Statement on NPC Elections

I enthusiastically await the start of March's NPC campaigns. Though I am currently enjoying my break in the great Teton Mountains, fishing and hunting my own meat like the Good Lord intended, my goal this month will be to campaign in every state, city, and territory at least once this cycle to promote Labor's vision nationwide. Even states that heavily favor us must not be taken for granted, and Labor has a golden opportunity to make inroads in the Great Lakes region and expand our appeal to urban areas.

I make no bones about my beliefs. And I will be actively recruiting candidates who share Labor's vision for economic equality and prosperity, while defending the rights of law-abiding gun owners and respecting those who deviate from Labor's stance on abortion: a divisive issue that frequently overshadows discourse about improving living standards for working people and the poor.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a wild boar to prepare for dinner this evening.
Would you perhaps be willing to join up on a stop or two? Maybe we could get some goodwill going rather than the animosity that's gripped our country for a while. I know a nice place in Greenville I think you'd enjoy too!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2021, 07:38:03 AM »

Would you perhaps be willing to join up on a stop or two? Maybe we could get some goodwill going rather than the animosity that's gripped our country for a while. I know a nice place in Greenville I think you'd enjoy too!

I'm always up for fresh steak, friend. Any time, anywhere.

I'll be ordering me some Carolina-style barbecue on the side in acknowledgement of its supremacy over all other kinds. Smile
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2021, 04:30:27 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2021, 05:13:01 PM by Scott🦋 »

It's been quite a ride for me, touring the country and delivering Labor's message and vision to to the county, and outlining Labor success both in legislatures and in Nyman.

I am speaking to you today as a Frémonter, for there will soon be a referendum on Frémont's anti-gag rule policy with regard to the Mexico City policy. We need to assure that our international partners are free to work with us in their humanitarian missions, and we must defend free speech.

Here is an excerpt of my speech today in Alaska:

While we're talking about uniting the left, I would like to speak on one issue that we must be unified on right now. This regards the recently vetoed legislation in the Frémont legislature that FM Truman vetoed, which would repeal the anti-Mexico City gag rule law and cause uncertainty in the event the gag rule is reinstated. Frémont must remain unambiguous in its support for free speech and not create uncertainty for our partnering global organizations.

And so to all people, particularly those in Labor, the former Greens, and the DA, I urge a vote to uphold our First Minister's veto.

I reiterate that this is a message to all Frémonters, particularly those on the left who support free speech and oppose gag orders: vote to uphold First Minister Truman's veto.

In the meantime, I am currently resting in Milwaukee after a long day of meeting with residents and speaking to them after my visit to Alaska. My mission to visit every state and city up for election this cycle continues.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2021, 07:37:05 PM »

My friends,

Today concludes my nationwide tour to every state. Every state, no matter how competitive, deserves to hear our message.

I recruited pro-life and pro-gun candidates in Oklahoma. Labor has the infrastructure to win in the Sooner State by appealing directly to the people, whose values are different from New York and California.

Labor cannot be a national party unless it acts like one. Neglect no one. Continue to build our coalition of people of all races, creeds, and backgrounds.

I am very pleased that these contests provided the opportunity to mend relations with the Liberals and the Democratic Alliance on common goals. It is a sign that Atlasia is moving away from the politics of tribalism and personality cults. During this campaign I had the pleasure of dining with Weatherboy. Labor wants what's best for Atlasia, and so does the Democratic Alliance.

I maintain that Atlasia's best days are ahead. We are winning the fight against COVID, and it was Labor that concocted a plan from the very start of the pandemic. The Labor plan has saved thousands of lives, and we've empowered our regional and state governments to administer the new vaccines responsibly.

Thank you, Atlasia. I fully intend to continue being a part of the conversation. This weekend, vote Labor. Vote for the party with a proven record of success and the drive to modernize infrastructure in impoverished areas of our country.

We are one Atlasia. And in Atlasia, we take care of our own.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2021, 05:52:49 AM »

Post-NPC Elections Statement

No doubt it's been an interesting campaign that produced some surprising results.

I kept my promise to visit every state and city at least once, but I made a unique effort on the elections I'm Alaska and Oklahoma. Defyimg expectations, we kept Alaska and flipped Oklahoma from orange to red, by running on a unique, state-tailored message that focuses on kitchen table issues and isn't shy to divert from the national party on certain social planks that are not popular in states like Oklahoma.

I want to use our victory in Oklahoma as a preview of a new Labor Party that tolerates dissent and is ideologically progressive, yet practical, and aims to win in every state, no matter how it votes. The Labor Party is the party of all Atlasians.

We need new leadership, and we need to be a party that offers the people more than just electoral victories. Labor wants results. And in Denver and Nyman, we deliver on our promises to the Atlasian people.

This month, we must adjust our focus as a party to legislative contests. Once again, I intend on visiting every state and city at least once. I'm going to make a play for rural areas, as we do well in Frémont but have had little success elsewhere.

And this month, we are going to turn Iowa red!

In April, we are putting personality cult politics aside. We're running on a new platform, an inclusive message, and a plan for states like West Virginia, where poverty is rampant and job opportunities are scarce.

This is the New Labor Party, and as always, we're putting people first.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2021, 08:54:08 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2021, 09:11:41 PM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Statement regarding the reported cover-up of elderly COVID-19 deaths in Utah

I concur with Vice President OBD and First Minister Truman in their condemnation of Governor Udall and call for him to resign or be impeached, and while I realize the awkwardness in my familial ties to the Governor in this light, I solidly affirm that I had no pre-knowledge of this situation and I will cooperate with investigating authorities.

Scott, former Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2021, 10:34:34 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2021, 10:41:34 PM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Once again, I am calling on the Governor to resign and allow Lieutenant Governor Tasha Robards to finish the remainder of his term. Failure to do so within 24 hours will force the hands of the legislative powers, whom as I understand are preparing Articles of Impeachment at this moment.

Regardless of what the Governor does, Labor will be throwing its full support behind State Representative Amanda Young. She is widely expected to be named an impeachment manager if articles pass the Utah House of Representatives, which is likely.

Scott, former Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2021, 10:07:40 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2021, 11:37:40 PM by Scott🦋 »

Scott announces presumptive Senate campaign in video1

Well, we've reached the end of a long journey. Soon, the people of Frémont, particularly here in my home state, will be electing new state governments. I don't know about you all, but I'm damn tired, and anticipate the much-needed break. I wish our opponents in the Democratic Alliance and Federalist Party well.

But I pledge to be back on the campaign trail next month. And pending passage of the New Constitution, I will also be running to represent the Mountain West - which I prefer to call the Interior West myself - in the new unicameral Senate.

I have thought a great deal about this new plan, and while I realize that the quick passage of this New Constitution was necessary, I will prioritize a great deal of my time in pushing for staggered terms. This is a reversal of my previous stance, that At-Large Senators should be up for election every two months. But this does not make sense in a unicameral body where all senators have equal power.

My plan is therefore similar to the electoral process in the RL Nebraska unicameral legislature: members serve equal terms, but are elected on staggered terms and therefore half the legislature is up every two years.

On a less important note, I do wish for this subregion to be called the Interior West, in order to accommodate for our Plains states and inclusion of our farmers in Minnesota and Iowa.

But with all this said, I believe my ideology is widely known. And my views are informed by values which are consistent with Labor's "New Great Society". I favor a generous welfare state. I support our unions. I believe that climate change is the biggest threat facing the globe today. And I also believe that we must transfer to net-zero emissions within the next two decades - and even then, we will still be fighting new climate challenges.

I also believe in retraining fossil fuel workers. Neither the driller or the miner is solely responsible for climate change. The biggest polluters are those who are very wealthy, not those who work in fracking or in coal mining to put food on the table. I want to offer better job opportunities in our transition to the green economy. I want to invest in retraining and work with a Labor Congress and president to make that possible.

I also want to make a long-term investment in nuclear power. Because any plan to transition to renewables that does not include nuclear is not a plan; it is empty platitudes.

I say what I mean and mean what I say on my views regarding gun control and the right to self-defense. We don't need Nyman telling hunters, recreationists, or the typical law-abiding citizen what guns they need or don't need. But I also believe in enforcing the gun laws we already have and passing red flag laws against domestic abusers, and an orderly process to prevent individuals on the No-Fly List from possessing guns, on the condition that individuals placed on the list are informed and afforded their constitutional rights.

I am guided by the idealism invigorated by my faith, as well as the pragmatism to achieve my vision of a private ownership society, and a market economy where wealth and power are concentrated neither in the hands of the state nor in the hands of the wealthy few.

I look in anticipation of our new Constitution being ratified, and I look in anticipation of representing this large, unique, diverse swath of a region that plays a key role in the new economy. I'll be an advocate for rural Atlasia. I will defend your values. I will be a voice of unity for the interior West.

Thank you all.

Endorsements
President Sestak
Vice President OBD
First Minister Truman
Senator FalterinArc
Senator SevenEleven
Congressman Ishan (Liberal)
Southern Deputy Speaker TimTurner
MFP Kuumo
KoopaDaQuick (Peace)
OneJ_

1. https://www.aspentimes.com/news/conservation-and-compromise/
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2021, 10:10:01 PM »

Endorsed!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2021, 10:11:59 PM »

Endorsed. Cannot think of anyone more representative of our subregion.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2021, 10:13:57 PM »

Endorsed.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2021, 10:22:02 PM »

Endorsed!
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2021, 10:41:16 PM »

Endorsed!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2021, 07:29:10 PM »

I will be voting for Scott, and I commend all Frémonters to do the same!
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2021, 07:46:16 PM »

Enthusiastically endorsed!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2021, 12:44:16 AM »

Public Statement from Wyoming Labor HQ

Thank you to all who have endorsed this campaign! I'm feeling very confident this weekend, as we (hopefully) prepare to adopt our new Constitution, and Labor continues to do well across the board in these state and mayoral races. As of right now, Labor has solidifed control of Texas, and of course, I'm here with my good friend, Wynona Thomas, who was just reelected governor of our state with solid majorities in the statehouse. I've also been informed that Montana, our neighbor to the north, has reelected Governor Fuddrucker!

So far, we're having a great night here the Interior West. Utah is our biggest test right now, and based on the results coming out of our subregion so far, I am cautiously optimistic that Amanda Young will become Utah's next governor!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2021, 01:50:46 AM »

Endorsed, of course!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2021, 01:41:24 AM »

Statement regarding regional autonomy and the Fifth Constitution

Friends and supporters,

As First Minister Truman recently pointed out, there is a great flaw in our recently ratified Constitution which effectively deprives the regions of the right to regulate their own elections. While I am not a fan of strategic registration, and have never partaken in this practice during my almost ten years' time in this game, and also support reasonable limits on registration in different regions and subregions so that parties do not attempt to game the system to their advantage, I concur with the First Minister's concerns and believe that this flaw violates the fundamental tenet against ex post facto laws in all our previous constitutions.

Therefore, if I am elected as the first senator for the Mountain/Interior West subregion, my very first priority will be to address this error and submit a Constitutional amendment modifying the new registration system so that these rules may be decided by the regions with few basic restrictions. This is consistent with Atlasia's historic prohibition against ex post facto laws. This is consistent with regional rights, which has long been the consensus on both sides of the political spectrum.

While it is understandable that the ratification of this new Constitution was time-sensitive, we must insist on correcting the gross disenfranchisement of people like KoopaDaQuick and Lumine - two people whom I very much respect that will not be able to vote in our subregion's elections, and the former who will not be able to vote for a region-wide senator either.

A vote for me as your next senator is a vote for experienced leadership with a record of getting things done across the aisle. It shall be incumbent upon the next Congress to evaluate the results of this new experiment and address the glaring flaws that are just coming to light.

Those living in the Mountain/Interior West are entitled to nothing less than full, proper representation in their new Atlasian Senate. I will be a vote FOR regional autonomy, as this is among our most basic needs as citizens. And these same rights must be guaranteed to all the voters, regardless of which party or individual they support for president, and whether they intend to vote for me or my opponent this month.

Thank you.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2021, 02:07:15 AM »

Rescinding my endorsement. Evidently you have decided to side with the traitors attempting to wreck the Fifth Constitution and destroy the game with strategic registration. Very disappointing.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2021, 02:12:16 AM »

Rescinding my endorsement. Evidently you have decided to side with the traitors attempting to wreck the Fifth Constitution and destroy the game with strategic registration. Very disappointing.

This is an odd response considering that I explicitly condemned strategic registration and have never partaken in it myself and never will. I support minimum federal standards against strategic registration, but it is unfair for Koopa and especially Lumine, who just registered in Utah to be able to have any vote in the subregional elections, to be denied their right to vote.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2021, 02:17:32 AM »

I understand Koopa’s predicament - and I’m open to an exception for that situation. (I will note that there is nothing in the text of the constitution preventing Lumine from voting).

My concern is with the fact that you also want to repeal the constitutional requirements against strategic registration entirely in order to “leave it to the regions”. I can spell it out clearly: if it is left to the regions, strategic registration will inevitably occur. The only way to get rid of it is a constitutional ban.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies