DNC will change rules to exclude Tulsi Gabbard from the debates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 06:16:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  DNC will change rules to exclude Tulsi Gabbard from the debates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: DNC will change rules to exclude Tulsi Gabbard from the debates  (Read 2538 times)
Helsinkian
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 05, 2020, 01:20:34 PM »

DNC wants to make sure that the next debate is all-white and all-male.

Quote from: The Federalist
DNC To Keep Tulsi Gabbard Off Debate Stage After She Won A Delegate

... After it became clear Gabbard had officially earned a delegate Tuesday night, however, DNC Communications Director Xochitl Hinojosa announced that the Democratic Party would move the goal posts for debate participation, even as the party changed the rules for the Nevada debate to pave the way for former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg to participate by removing the donor requirement.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/03/dnc-to-keep-tulsi-gabbard-off-debate-stage-after-she-won-a-delegate/
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 01:22:36 PM »

If there's one thing Tulsi has proven she's good at it's being a hatchetwoman. There's no way the Democratic establishment is going to have a 3 way debate where Tulsi does to Biden what she did to Kamala so they'll do whatever they need to keep her out.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 01:25:57 PM »

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

But in all seriousness, there's no point in having a debate between the two possible nominees and one person who's hung on by running a paper campaign and managed to win a delegate in American Samoa, but has no chance.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 01:26:41 PM »

Tulsi doesn't deserve to be in the debate. She didn't even get 1% of the votes. There's no reason for her to be there.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 01:27:26 PM »

This isn't changing the rules:

The requirements from the last debate were that you have a delegate in an early state, not just one delegate from anywhere.

In any case, every single debate has had different qualification rules from the previous one, so they "change the rules" for every debate.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 01:28:44 PM »

Of course Tulsi shouldn’t be invited to the next debate . Someone who has won only 1 delegate after more than a third of delegates have already been allocated should not be on the debate stage .

Before Super Tuesday that rule made sense as there was barely any delegates that had been awarded , but now allowing someone who has only won one debate makes 0 sense
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 01:33:22 PM »

I was hoping they would exclude her.
It just makes zero sense to invite her, because she picked-up one delegate. C'mon.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 01:37:16 PM »

The American Samoa contest was hardly legitimate or democratic so frankly yeah, it should be excluded.
mgop
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2020, 01:42:33 PM »

gabbard is a joke candidate, of course she should be excluded, i mean weld has one delegate lets bring trump to debate him lol
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2020, 01:56:32 PM »

DNC wants to make sure that the next debate is all-white and all-male.

Eyeroll. Blame the voters for choosing those two candidates, then.

The American Samoa contest was hardly legitimate or democratic so frankly yeah, it should be excluded.

Much like many aspects of American Samoan law.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2020, 01:57:45 PM »

There's a case to be made that Tulsi should appear at the next debate. She has fulfilled every criteria, is on every state ballot, has gained a delegate and has a lot of individual donors.

What do the DNC, Biden and Sanders have to fear from her if they think Biden and Sanders are so strong anyway ?

It's the voters who choose her fate anyway, so why keeping her off the stage ?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2020, 02:05:04 PM »

The voters did choose her fate, and awarded her <1% of the delegates and the popular vote. It's March, and the voters are best served by a debate with the two candidates who actually might be the nominee. Framing this as them stopping Tulsi is really dumb, it's them excluding candidates who don't even register as a blip. If she was doing better, she would be on the debate stage.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2020, 02:08:44 PM »

I'll be honest, I'd forgotten that Tulsi was even still a thing. 
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2020, 02:47:17 PM »

This is a good thing. I want to see the two old white men go after each other in a duel of great proportions.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2020, 02:41:43 AM »

I'm one of the few people who like Tulsi, but this run has basically meant that her political career is dead. She had a ceratin Senate seat down the line, and that's gone.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 03:45:29 AM »

So had I. It's extremely obvious at this point that she is not running to try to actually win the nomination, but in a pathetic attempt to get exposure. For what though? The popular theory is a Fox News gig, and her EnlightenedCentrismTM vote on impeachment definitely supports that theory, but something feels very weird here with her not dropping out by now, and it's not just her vanity campaign.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 03:55:45 AM »

So had I. It's extremely obvious at this point that she is not running to try to actually win the nomination, but in a pathetic attempt to get exposure. For what though? The popular theory is a Fox News gig, and her EnlightenedCentrismTM vote on impeachment definitely supports that theory, but something feels very weird here with her not dropping out by now, and it's not just her vanity campaign.

Yeah, if I was advising her, she would be doing something quite different right now. I'd probably have told her to vote to impeach Trump, and drop out after Iowa and run for re-election.
The Simpsons Cinematic Universe
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -2.78

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 04:17:22 AM »

Not giving into Trump hysteria is not "EnlightenedCentrism." And for the reasons GoTfan stated, it was ballsy. I admire Tulsi a lot for choosing principle over the mass amount of connections she'd make (and ensuing money from lobbying) were she to end her political career more gracefully. It is not particularly brave to give in to Democrats' attempt to scapegoat Trump as the source of all problems in the country and allow the Democratic establishment to go on as if there were no problems in our democracy before Evil Orange Voldemort Man came along and ruined everything. No, there's a much deeper issue, and the Democratic establishment can't sweep it under the rug.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2020, 04:24:25 AM »

DNC is trying to steal the nomination from Tulsi. The horror.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 04:57:02 AM »

Why is she still in? Waiting for Hawaii
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2020, 05:33:26 AM »

I have a much, much, actually way better idea. Change the rules so the crazy Alzheimer dad doesn't get to spew more vomit. It's incredible that the dnC has let him stay all this time, as he's been by extremely, laughably the worst contestant in at the very least 8, if not 9 out of 10 debates. What ON EARTH is DNC even thinking by letting him go on??? DNC has to be an acronym for Do Not Corona Mr Biden or something like that, cause all this time they've been so extremely protective of him, it's absolutely sickening. It's incredible that not more people have reacted already. It must be the Trump virus, that these days people are accepting literally ANYTHING as long as his name is not Trump. sickening, disheartening, disconcerting, extremely disappointing, truely shocking and no question vomitable. People should wake up. You guys have slept WAY too long already. Trump is EASILY gonna bulldozer all across Biden like he would with any other far reached Alzheimer patient like him.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2020, 12:06:00 AM »

Not giving into Trump hysteria is not "EnlightenedCentrism." And for the reasons GoTfan stated, it was ballsy.

I guess what you call "Trump hysteria" I call holding a lawless, criminal President who has committed multiple felonies and abused the power of his office to spread lies about a private U.S. citizen in broad daylight accountable. Withholding the military aid from Ukraine was (and is) a crime. Extortion is a crime. Even psycho John Bolton concluded as much. As did 2012 Republican nominee Mitt Romney. If you don't like that fact - which you clearly don't - don't play stupid and pretend it's Democrats acting without merit by attempting to bring a criminal to justice. Just say you're cool with Trump committing crimes if it helps him and hurts Democrats.

LMAO. Gabbard's vote was anything but "ballsy." Seeing clear evidence of criminal behavior from a POTUS and voting "present" is the most cynical, transparently cowardly thing a congresscritter can do. Ballsy would be standing up to the transnational crime syndicate in the white house and saying "no more".
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2020, 12:25:36 AM »

Yeah, if I was advising her, she would be doing something quite different right now. I'd probably have told her to vote to impeach Trump, and drop out after Iowa and run for re-election.

Tulsi was always a right wing nut, made her name campaigning against gay marriage
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2020, 12:57:48 AM »

Based.

gabbard is a joke candidate, of course she should be excluded, i mean weld has one delegate lets bring trump to debate him lol
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2020, 01:24:15 AM »

Ballsy would have been to vote no. I mean obviously I would have disagreed, but if she really thinks Trump should still be in office, she should have had the courage to vote that way.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies