MI-Glengariff: Biden +6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:38:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  MI-Glengariff: Biden +6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MI-Glengariff: Biden +6  (Read 4735 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2020, 01:50:33 AM »

ID and WA might be the last states Sanders wins. Not even confident about ID.

After last night, Biden probably wins WA as well.

Based on how CA and CO voted, I'd still bet on Sanders. I don't think a lot of Warren voters will switch to Biden, and I'm still not sure there's enough Not Sanders/Warren vote for Biden to pull out a plurality (since not all voters not in the Sanders/Warren camp will get behind Biden.)
I think it depends quite a lot on what Warren does. Assuming she drops out, if she does not endorse, I'm not sure Bernie benefits much. However, if she does endorse Bernie then he should benefit quite a lot. I think we saw with Pete and Amy that these kind of endorsements DO matter to the supporters.

However, if Warren drops out and endorses Biden, then game over. This is the current panic amongst internet leftists, but I don't for a second believe that this will happen. If Warren drops out she'll either endorse Bernie or she'll stay neutral until the race is effectively decided, like in 2016.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2020, 09:26:13 AM »

Based on how CA and CO voted, I'd still bet on Sanders. I don't think a lot of Warren voters will switch to Biden, and I'm still not sure there's enough Not Sanders/Warren vote for Biden to pull out a plurality (since not all voters not in the Sanders/Warren camp will get behind Biden.)
I think it depends quite a lot on what Warren does. Assuming she drops out, if she does not endorse, I'm not sure Bernie benefits much. However, if she does endorse Bernie then he should benefit quite a lot. I think we saw with Pete and Amy that these kind of endorsements DO matter to the supporters.

However, if Warren drops out and endorses Biden, then game over. This is the current panic amongst internet leftists, but I don't for a second believe that this will happen. If Warren drops out she'll either endorse Bernie or she'll stay neutral until the race is effectively decided, like in 2016.

I think the likeliest scenario right now is that she stays in until the next debate thinking that she'll be able to get in a few more zingers and after her campaign flops on the 17th she'll drop out and endorse "a progressive agenda" rather than any particular candidate.

Then again I've been wrong about a lot of things these past few days so it'd be nice to be wrong about this particular thing.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2020, 10:55:00 AM »

I think the likeliest scenario right now is that she stays in until the next debate thinking that she'll be able to get in a few more zingers and after her campaign flops on the 17th she'll drop out and endorse "a progressive agenda" rather than any particular candidate.

Then again I've been wrong about a lot of things these past few days so it'd be nice to be wrong about this particular thing.

Tongue
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2020, 01:19:49 PM »

Which means Biden's lead is now more than +6, for this old-ish poll.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2020, 12:42:52 PM »

I think Bernie pulls off an upset by 1-2%
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend