Super Tuesday Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:45:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Super Tuesday Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 94
Author Topic: Super Tuesday Results Thread  (Read 95290 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: March 04, 2020, 01:50:05 AM »

Let's go Joe!

2020 General with him and Harris is going to be lit!

So is the country when Trump wins reelection by more than he did in 2016 and plunges it into the fires.

Do grow up.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #1826 on: March 04, 2020, 01:50:40 AM »

Let's go Joe!

So is the country when Trump wins reelection by more than he did in 2016 and plunges it into the fires.

Do grow up.

Sorry, I forgot you were still in diapers when 2016 happened.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1827 on: March 04, 2020, 01:51:00 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1828 on: March 04, 2020, 01:51:25 AM »

Let's go Joe!

WI is gonna be the bellweather state and it's not a landslide election either way, tonight taught us that, when Bernie failed to win TX
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1829 on: March 04, 2020, 01:56:25 AM »

I think Warren should drop out at this point.

However, all the Bernie supporters attacking her for somehow costing him the nomination tonight  are being absurd.

Set aside the obvious fact the Bloomberg took at least as many votes away from Biden as Warren did from Sanders.

You could just as easily make the argument that Sanders cost Warren the nomination by refusing to get behind her when she was running neck-and-neck with Biden six months ago.

If Sanders had endorsed Warren back then, and she went on to win the first three primaries, do you really think Biden would be the presumptive nominee today?  
I agree. If the left really wanted to win this they should have gotten behind Warren last autumn. Had Sanders dropped out after his heart attack to endorse Warren, I believe she would have been an unstoppable force in that she is much more accceptable to the rest of the democratic party than Bernie is. Unfortunately, she's probably a worse GE candidate than Bernie is, so I do understand why they stuck with Bernie, I guess.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1830 on: March 04, 2020, 01:57:08 AM »

It truly blows my mind that Biden beat Bernie in Lewiston.
有爭議嘅領土 of The Figgis Agency
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #1831 on: March 04, 2020, 02:00:02 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2020, 02:08:13 AM by khuzifenq »

I think Warren should drop out at this point.

However, all the Bernie supporters attacking her for somehow costing him the nomination tonight  are being absurd.

Set aside the obvious fact the Bloomberg took at least as many votes away from Biden as Warren did from Sanders.

You could just as easily make the argument that Sanders cost Warren the nomination by refusing to get behind her when she was running neck-and-neck with Biden six months ago.

If Sanders had endorsed Warren back then, and she went on to win the first three primaries, do you really think Biden would be the presumptive nominee today?  

^This. I admire and respect Bernie as a person, but he has serious flaws as a candidate that make Warren look like a better alternative- even with all of the dumb **** her campaign pulled like counting Asians as white and calling Bernie a sexist.

Not surprised TX Asians were more supportive of Bernie than any other racial group.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1832 on: March 04, 2020, 02:02:47 AM »

The massive discrepancy between the preferences of black voters and hispanic voters is honestly a bit of a headscratcher for me given that the two main candidates are both 80-year old white men from the northeast. I know that black voters traditionally support mainstream democratic candidates, but still...
musicblind
United States

« Reply #1833 on: March 04, 2020, 02:02:52 AM »

BREAKING: Cher endorses Biden

Wow, reading some of the comments on her tweet... Sanders has some cruel and vicious supporters. I don't see comments like that from other campaigns. For example, I don't see any Warren or Bloomberg supporters on there claiming she has betrayed the gay community, calling her a Boomer, etc.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1834 on: March 04, 2020, 02:05:03 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2020, 02:14:15 AM by Oryxslayer »

Sincere message to Depressed Berniebros:

While I do think it's important to recognize that Biden is probably going to be the nominee after tonight.  I don't think you should take this as a rejection of your policies.  This was more a rejection of Trump in that primary voters voted pragmatically.  Additionally, Trump has gone after Biden non-stop because he doesn't want to run against him.  This was in some ways Democratic voters giving the middle finger to Trump.  While I think some of Bernie's proposals are ridiculous, most of his stands on e.g., the environment, civil rights, workers rights, etc. are well within the mainstream of democratic thinking.  We need to get rid of Trump so we can appoint judges who share those values.  This is the most corrupt administration in recent memory.  They need to go.  Biden will make that happen.  There is room to move further to the left in subsequent elections.

Trump has gone after Biden nonstop because he knows that he (and his owners in the Kremlin) have already cooked up exactly the right bulls**t story he needs to beat Biden, just like they did with Clinton. The election is over.

OK whatever.  I realize ur upset but this doom and gloom in every thread isn't productive.

I don't support Biden, but I just need to say this because everyone seems to think Trump has essentially picked his opponent. It doesn't matter who the democrats nominate at this point, they all have flaws and are poor candidates in the grand scheme of things. Trump and the GOP already have dirt ready for all these guys, and Dems recognize this. Biden would be branded as a creep with too much insider ambition and potential corruption. Bernie would be tarred and feathered as a communist with sympathies for weirdos and an inability to face reality. Bloomberg is an out of touch GOP billionare. Warren is a token cherokee, alongside the obvious sexist attacks. Everyone is flawed, and Trump is happier that Dems went with one of these guys rather than some of the 2019 crop. He mixes up his tweet attacks. Dems somehow have to make the nation internalize these issues.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1835 on: March 04, 2020, 02:05:20 AM »

Bernie lost Minnesota? A state Biden didn't even contest?!?!?!?!

He's toast.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1836 on: March 04, 2020, 02:06:14 AM »

Rob Reiner said Dems can win OK, TX and AK Senate races with Prez Bernie, not
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1837 on: March 04, 2020, 02:08:39 AM »

NYT calls TX for Biden
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1838 on: March 04, 2020, 02:09:32 AM »

Amazing that Atlas posters on on overdrive considering that Sanders actually performed much better than in '16, even regardless of CA results, yet to be announced (Provisional Ballots among many others yet to be counted).

The MSM and Atlas is already ready to perform a coronation of Biden, despite the fact that he performed significantly worse than HRC did in '16....

Crazy about how y'all buy and swallow the media hype, and sure Biden might be the guy, but really at the end of the day he will likely end up behind delegates against Sanders once all the ST numbers come in....

Drink the Kool-Aid if you choose, but Biden is not the Man, and plus best case for him we will have a contested convention....

Remember Chicago '68???

Sorry, not ready to smoke the Peace Pipe yet in the interest of Party Unity, although I certainly like and respect "Uncle Joe"...

BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1839 on: March 04, 2020, 02:10:18 AM »

Sincere message to Depressed Berniebros:

While I do think it's important to recognize that Biden is probably going to be the nominee after tonight.  I don't think you should take this as a rejection of your policies.  This was more a rejection of Trump in that primary voters voted pragmatically.  Additionally, Trump has gone after Biden non-stop because he doesn't want to run against him.  This was in some ways Democratic voters giving the middle finger to Trump.  While I think some of Bernie's proposals are ridiculous, most of his stands on e.g., the environment, civil rights, workers rights, etc. are well within the mainstream of democratic thinking.  We need to get rid of Trump so we can appoint judges who share those values.  This is the most corrupt administration in recent memory.  They need to go.  Biden will make that happen.  There is room to move further to the left in subsequent elections.

Trump has gone after Biden nonstop because he knows that he (and his owners in the Kremlin) have already cooked up exactly the right bulls**t story he needs to beat Biden, just like they did with Clinton. The election is over.

OK whatever.  I realize ur upset but this doom and gloom in every thread isn't productive.

I don't support Biden, but I just need to say this because everyone seems to think Trump has essentially picked his opponent. It doesn't matter who the democrats nominate at this point, they all have flaws and are poor candidates in the grand scheme of things. Trump and the GOP already have dirt ready for all these guys, and Dems recognize this. Biden would be branded as a creep with too much insider ambition and potential corruption. Bernie would be tarred and feathered as a communist with sympathies with an inability to face reality. Bloomberg is an out of touch GOP billionare. Warren is a token cherokee, alongside the obvious sexist attacks. Everyone is flawed, and Trump is happier that Dems went with one of these guys rather than some of the 2019 crop. He mixes up his tweet attacks. Dems somehow have to make the nation internalize these issues.
True.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1840 on: March 04, 2020, 02:11:44 AM »

Amazing that Atlas posters on on overdrive considering that Sanders actually performed much better than in '16, even regardless of CA results, yet to be announced (Provisional Ballots among many others yet to be counted).

The MSM and Atlas is already ready to perform a coronation of Biden, despite the fact that he performed significantly worse than HRC did in '16....

Crazy about how y'all buy and swallow the media hype, and sure Biden might be the guy, but really at the end of the day he will likely end up behind delegates against Sanders once all the ST numbers come in....

Drink the Kool-Aid if you choose, but Biden is not the Man, and plus best case for him we will have a contested convention....

Remember Chicago '68???

Sorry, not ready to smoke the Peace Pipe yet in the interest of Party Unity, although I certainly like and respect "Uncle Joe"...

Nah, I recognize that Bernie still has a decent shot at this. Absolutely.

But party unity is still important. The more of us who pledge to eventually support the nominee the better. I certainly will and have said so all along.
SunSt0rm
Netherlands

« Reply #1841 on: March 04, 2020, 02:12:15 AM »

Difference in Calironia is shrinking, it would be shocking if Biden win in Texas will be bigger than Sanders win in California
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1842 on: March 04, 2020, 02:14:05 AM »

Meanwhile on CNN they are talking about Republican State Governments that make it harder to vote for Younger Folks and Minorities, with footage of Bernie Sanders, Biden Voters, Young Voters standing in line.

Voter suppression is real my friend, and it's not an intra-party feud, but rather a systematic attempt to suppress younger voters, and voters of color (Black & Brown United)....
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1843 on: March 04, 2020, 02:15:27 AM »

Absolutely not. Unless Sanders gets a MASSIVE lead on Biden (which is now impossible after tonight), they will screw him at the convention. It's over.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1844 on: March 04, 2020, 02:15:49 AM »

Meanwhile on CNN they are talking about Republican State Governments that make it harder to vote for Younger Folks and Minorities, with footage of Bernie Sanders, Biden Voters, Young Voters standing in line.

Voter suppression is real my friend, and it's not an intra-party feud, but rather a systematic attempt to suppress younger voters, and voters of color (Black & Brown United)....
Absolutely. This is one of the most important issues to address for a coming democratic administration.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1845 on: March 04, 2020, 02:17:59 AM »

Absolutely not. Unless Sanders gets a MASSIVE lead on Biden (which is now impossible after tonight), they will screw him at the convention. It's over.
I have never believed that they would screw him over at the convention if he had a solid lead. If it was 40%-39%, sure. If it was 48%-38% or whatever, absolutely not.

Also, stuff can happen in primaries. A week ago Bernie looked like a lock. We are talking about two 80 year old men here. Anything can happen. Especially as Uncle Joe seems to sometimes be struggling cognitively.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1846 on: March 04, 2020, 02:25:29 AM »

imma never forgive Klobuchar
iceman
United States

« Reply #1847 on: March 04, 2020, 02:26:40 AM »

For a state with usually high civic participation, Minnesota's turnout seems to be underwhelming. I know this is the first time they had a primary, but I kinda thought DEMS would get around million votes there.
n1240

« Reply #1848 on: March 04, 2020, 02:27:01 AM »

Not sure how much people have been paying attention to the TX-28 primary but Jessica Cisneros continues to narrow the margin against Henry Cueller, down to 3.26% or 2393 votes. I believe most of the outstanding vote is in Bexar where Cisneros performs strongest. 219/280 precincts in Bexar have reported, unclear how many are in TX-28 though.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #1849 on: March 04, 2020, 02:27:47 AM »

Not sure how much people have been paying attention to the TX-28 primary but Jessica Cisneros continues to narrow the margin against Henry Cueller, down to 3.26% or 2393 votes. I believe most of the outstanding vote is in Bexar where Cisneros performs strongest. 219/280 precincts in Bexar have reported, unclear how many are in TX-28 though.

Ousting that worthless SOB would be the one silver lining of tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 94  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies